Thread: will I need to cut the firewall?

will I need to cut the firewall?

Okay, Im getting my blazer bagged, so it will lay frame. So if I get 18's will I need to cut the firewall to tuck them or no? If I do then I was just gonna get 20's instead but if I dont have to I was gonna get 18's so I can keep my a/c and all. Anyone know?

the firewall, I believe doesnt need cut, even when tucking 22's, but you have to find out where to put all the stuff that was mounted on the inner fenders.
    Otter fan club CEO

Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    dont worry i like them black too. :omg:
    "A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."
    Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

well what the biggest tire i can go and keep my a/c without having to move anything?

Originally posted by jstblz
    the firewall, I believe doesnt need cut, even when tucking 22's, but you have to find out where to put all the stuff that was mounted on the inner fenders.
    you DEFINITELY need to cut the firewall with anything higher than an 18" with a decent tire

Originally posted by jstblz
    if you run anything above about a 25" tire you will have to tub to lay or your tires will rest against you firewall. Im not sure as far as the a/c box goes though. You may have to section it so the tire doesnt hit it. If you do section it its not hard to do.
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd

SIk Addictions
    I agree with 8 banger, if you want the front to lay flat there is more to it than just tubbing the firewall, you will more than likely have to notch your frame for you tierods to clear you have to remore or relocate your ABS, coolant over flow tank, ECM, air box, exc.

Thats if you want to lay with 20's , 18's you should be fine just taking out or trimming your fenderwells.

Originally posted by s10blaza
    you DEFINITELY need to cut the firewall with anything higher than an 18" with a decent tire
    haha, good thing I'm not slammed
    Otter fan club CEO

Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    dont worry i like them black too. :omg:
    "A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."
    Francis Bacon (1561-1626)