Thread: rear window

rear window

hey guys.. i just bought a FBIMINI rear lexan window for my 2002 s10 the one that has the licence plate in it.. i was wondering how hard it is to change the windows on the newer trucks? any one try it
    or should i just cough up that 125$ CND and just get it installed at apple auto glass?

For removal, take fishing string and tie it to a needle, stick the needle through the window sealant and drag it around the whole window, it should come out. For installation(correct me if I'm wrong, never done this part) make sure you get all the old window sealant off first. Just run a fresh bead of window sealant around the frame of the window and put the lexan window in. As for where to buy the window sealant you can probably get it at an autopart store or lowes. Good luck.
    Completion Date- Whenever the hell I get time

thanks for the tips but i ended up taking it to apple autoglass and they did it on the side after work and charged me 40 bucks and they also put a rubber trim around it too... they did a amazing job i would reccomend apple auto glass for almost anything!

Blazer at heart
    I would think I could sudgest apple auto glass to anyone for anything as well, given that it is a well known shop across canada. I think the quality of work depends on the town they are in though. I had them come replace the window for my 01 on the passenger front, and the one they put in isn't solar like the drivers side. They assured me that they would have the same window in it and ordered it twice to try to fix it but both were not solar. Then when I tried to get the problem fixed a third time he gave me a bullshit story about how "I will have to get that from GM if I want the solar one" and that it will be three times as much as the $180 cash (shady) that I gave him to do the job in the first place. I am going to leave the 2 different windows in it and when I am running again pay someone to tint the front ones so they are kind of the same. I just thought I would share my story, I am sure Apple is great in lots of places, but in others they are just wearing the name.