Thread: Lowering a 2000 Blazer

Question Lowering a 2000 Blazer

I need some information on lowering my 2000 2WD blazer. I am going to lower it 5 inches all the way around using 3 inch lower control arms and 2 inch lowered coils for the front , and 4 inch blocks out black and pull the overload springs off. My question is once Ive lowered the front 5 inches will I be able to get the allignment and camber fixed back to normal so I wont have unneccessary tire wear. If not what will i need to get to get the allignment correct, and where would be the best place to get a 5/4 drop for my blazer.

After a nice drop you should always get your alighnment checked/fixed. As for camber, the only way to fix that is to buy control arms that have a camber adjustment. I don't know if you meant this or not, but you won't get an extra inch by removing the over-load leafs.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

What if I get upper and lower control arms will this keep the camber right. and also another question ive heard like if you order 2 inch drop coils that once you get them put in that it only lowers you truck about an inch . should i order 3 inch coils in order to compensate for not getting the full 2 inches?

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    spindles are best to keep the alignment correct in the front. I would recommend going as much of that 5' as you can with spindles. The only thing spindles change is where the wheel is located. It does not change any of the steering geometry.

I cant get spindles casuse no company makes spindles for 98-02 blazers they only make them for the s-10's and i 98 they made the suspention on the blazer different from the s-10

Well then go as far as you can with c-arms. That won't change your camber. What you heard about springs is sometimes true. But sometimes they endup breaking in too much and you get an extra inch. The only company I know of that this never happens is Belltech. Where over you get the sprins from just make sure that have a good return policy. Either way, when you are done you should get the alignment checked to prevent premature tire wear.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!