Thread: mounting 4.3 rad

mounting 4.3 rad

what did u guys use to mount ur 4.3 rad....i accidentally got rid of the old rubber mounts and now i need a way to mount it in the newly sliced and diced core support. i thought about bolting it on the top using chunks of old serpentine belts as rubber washers between bolts and nuts and just putting rubber hose ...or maybe that protective/insulative hose wrap used in home heating around the edges of the rest......

what are your opinions / ideas?
    1992 Jimmy, UNDER CONSTRUCTION, handful of bod mods, v8, and a pain in my ass

Banned
    well not sure about yours, but on mine its flush with the inside edge of the core support, so i just put a flat piece of steel plate around the border and that holdes it in.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

i used the old rubber and some metal clips that were lying around to hold mine in.......the old belt or a inner-tube from a bicycle
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

My radiator was moved about half way into the core support and I used upper mounting brackets from a late 80's GM from the u-pull-it yard. I don't remember what model they are from. I can send a picture if you like. They are plastic with the rubber part and fit the 4.3 core just fine.

I think I modified the same bracket for the lower mount, I'll have to look.

PM me for a hi-res pic...
    Gotta get rid of these left over 95 Camaro parts. Need doors???

I did the same as superbee. I recessed mine into the core support, and it sits flush with the core now. so i made triangle pieces out of sheet metal and screwed them in each corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post