Thread: valve question

damn low dragging 4x4

valve question

just wondering how these valves work? what is the point of having the "heads" on both sides with the electrical? Does it help it fill and dump faster when both sides are wired?

http://www.seriouslyinsaneautoconcep...s/00167394.jpg
    president: Lower Level Customs car and truck club
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/locoblazer269
    90 BLAZER 4.3 4x4 dropped 7" fully shaved with full size chevy tails, 98 Honda accord ground effect, 2 inch cowl hood, truxarossa grill and mirrors, metal flake and yellow flamed paint job, molded wing, too much to list( back under construction! new front end to come... out with the fiberglass back with the metal!)
    87 blazer: 2wd under construction

damn low dragging 4x4
    or does it allow the air to flow both directions?
    90 BLAZER 4.3 4x4 dropped 7" fully shaved with full size chevy tails, 98 Honda accord ground effect, 2 inch cowl hood, truxarossa grill and mirrors, metal flake and yellow flamed paint job, molded wing, too much to list( back under construction! new front end to come... out with the fiberglass back with the metal!)

SIk Addictions
    good question it could be to flow both ways, why you would want to do that I dont know other than dumping air back into the tank. It could be like a PSI monitor? Or maybe a flow controll of some sort?

damn low dragging 4x4
    ya not sure. i think they are used on hoppers. just wondering the benefits of it

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    Thats a "Stealth Valve" from Slam Specialties. It's 2 valves in one...a 1/2 or 3/4" high flow valve for regular use, and a 1/4" valve for "stealth use" if you're trying to adjust your suspension without drawing any attention to yourself. It's supposed to be run in conjunction with the "Stealth Control" unit, but it wouldnt be that hard to wire up your own control box for it. They're kinda pricey though, and you'd still need 8 of them...and at $80-ish each for the valves and $100 or so for the controler....I'll stick with my smc's and toggle switches..
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

damn low dragging 4x4
    wow, ya i just read about it. pretty advanced and a whole lot of wiring headache haha

School Of Air Ride
    Originally posted by low_blazer
    Thats a "Stealth Valve" from Slam Specialties. It's 2 valves in one...a 1/2 or 3/4" high flow valve for regular use, and a 1/4" valve for "stealth use" if you're trying to adjust your suspension without drawing any attention to yourself. It's supposed to be run in conjunction with the "Stealth Control" unit, but it wouldnt be that hard to wire up your own control box for it. They're kinda pricey though, and you'd still need 8 of them...and at $80-ish each for the valves and $100 or so for the controler....I'll stick with my smc's and toggle switches..
    Amen.

I actually have these valves and the controller on the twin engined truck.

http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/attac...&postid=388311

IMO if you go this route, spend the money and get their cable assemblies, comes complete with sealing boots and then each dual valve wiring is only 3 wires into terminals on the controller module.

the controller is awesome, 2 sets of 9 buttons and a fast / slow selector switch. only 3 wires to connect the controller.

lefts side buttons make it go down, right side buttons make it go up.

each side has buttons arranged at 45 degrees with a center button.

each sides Center button is all bags, North button is both fronts, south is both rears, East is the passenger side up, north east is right front , etc........

Valves fast side are 3/4" and the slow side is 0.060 orifice. 450 PSI rated too

ADVANCED APPLICATION :) Part of the reason for selecting them is that I added my own control circuit and relays to allow the selection of the slow side to be wired into a Dakota Digital ARC 1000 for presets and automated features

swapping the relays to the fast mode allows the remote control of the ARC-1000 to be used for severe manuevers with the 3/4" side of the valves.

Banned
    you hook them up to your steering pump and it makes your tank fill faster

Originally posted by willjr

:rolleyes:

ok, explain that one, LOL

Originally posted by willjr
    and lubricating your muffler bearings will help speed the exhaust out of your engine
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd