Thread: laying out

laying out

i just got all my bag stuff, like firestone 2500 bags, bag cups, custom built tank, az compressor, kmc valves, i cut my lower control arm for clearance for the tie rod and at the rear where it bolts to the frame

now im just bagging the front for the time being because im gunna save for my buddie to build me a custom 4 link next winter

i already have 2 inch drop spindles and the rear has a 4 inch drop and im running 235/55r16 tires

will i lay the front crossmember?

SIk Addictions

Re: laying out

Originally posted by 02s10350
    i just got all my bag stuff, like firestone 2500 bags, bag cups, custom built tank, az compressor, kmc valves, i cut my lower control arm for clearance for the tie rod and at the rear where it bolts to the frame

now im just bagging the front for the time being because im gunna save for my buddie to build me a custom 4 link next winter

i already have 2 inch drop spindles and the rear has a 4 inch drop and im running 235/55r16 tires

will i lay the front crossmember?
    should be able to lay, my buddy has a 97 s 10 with drop spindles and 205 60 15 witch I think is a lil bigger than what you are running and he drags the hell out of the skid plate, and thats with out cutting anything.

Re: Re: laying out

Originally posted by keepinitsimple
    205 60 15 witch I think is a lil bigger than what you are running
    Ummm.....the 205's are 1.5" shorter
    205/60/15 = 24.7"
    235/55/16 = 26.2"

Anyways...it probably wont lay because the tires are too tall and they will lay on the inner fenders before the x-member hits the ground. I dunno if you have a 1st or 2nd gen truck. If you have a 1st gen you need a tire 24" tall or less to lay out if you keep the inner fenders, I dont know about a 2nd gen.
    A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

'94 Bravada
    '67 Chevelle
    '73 Chevelle

yea you should lay with no problem, the only thing that might stop you is the fenderwells but I'm pretty sure your tires are small enough.
    Completion Date- Whenever the hell I get time