Thread: paint ideas

paint ideas

I'm looking at a possible sponsorship for paint for my truck from a friend thats got a body shop and looking to get into the custom scene a little more. I know what I basicly want for a paint job, but I'm not sure about 1 part. It will be a deep black with with a little small flake below the window line, then on top it will be a candy red possibly with some flake in it, but not sure yet about that.

My problem is what do do as a border between the 2 colors. I know it will be sparkle silver, but I dont know if I should do a solid line, or some type of tribal, or flames.

I've been looking through all my mags and at show coverage pics online and it seems like most flames and tribals are played out. I want something a little more original. Anyways, for all you photoshop gurus throw some ideas up for me to look at if you have some time. They dont have to be finished products or anything like that. Just something to give me some ideas.

Thanks
    Jim

ps. dont flame me for the pic, its old. I just dont have any good side shots that are more recent.

tribal flame FTW. IMO.

http://www.laydoutproductions.com/
    Contact me for any video questions.

I've seriously thought about tribal flames, but its such a common scheme that I dont know if I want that.

Oh well. I'm going to sit down with the painter in the next couple weeks so I'll see what he says.

paint, paint, paint mixbreedblaze's Avatar
    when you say flake, do you mean FLAKE???

or are you referring to metallic.....

just checkin...
    4-door, shaved handles, shaved antenna, lowered, welded and shaved body seams, rollpan with plate off to left side, two tone tweed, custom paint and airbrush, Mazzi Sphinx 2 17"s.....

Your idea of a thrill ride: Six Flags. My idea of a thrill ride: teeter-tottering on a speed bump

I mean an actual flake. I'm not looking for bassboat, but something more than a metallic paint.

any luck yet Jim? im havin a brain fart over mine too
    Don't make me beat you like a runaway slave....
    4 Door Love
    Originally posted by S/T Lover
    Good God, you are a fucking retard. I should ban you for being a fucking waste of sperm.

I talked to the paint shop thursday night. The guy is going to throw out a few ideas for me. I have a feeling he is wanting to go way too complex for what I want though.

I know I might be too late, but what about barbed wire or razor wire? Very mean look but also not overdone and kinda cool, especially if they arbrush some white hilights on the sharp edges of the wire. Let me know what you think, if it's not done already.