Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typhoon Keys???

Typhoon Keys???

hey guys, i need some help on this lowering stuff, as i read the forums, i understood that if i get the keys from a Typhoon and put it on my 85 Blazer, it would give me a 3 inch drop in the front. I went to the GMC and Chevy dealer but i couldn't find it, according to their database the keys from Syclone, Typhoon, S-10, Blazer, Jimmy, and Sonoma are the same. They got the same part number for each key so i really don't know what to get. Does anybody know the part number of the keys that is gonna actually give me the drop?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????
    ~85' S-10 4x4 Blazer
    ~Freshly rebuilt 2.8, with painted goodies
    ~18" chrome Platnum Type 121 (will do for now) wrapped in 225/40 BFG's
    ~Shaved emblems and fender trim
    ~Fancy Alpine headunit, Pionneer highs and mids at the corners, Xtant 600 watt class D amp, JL 12w7 in custom enclosure -hit 141.5db- (little plexiglass for looks) 4 guage Monster wires and other exspensive tid-bits i don't really need
    ~Smoothy front bumper painted to match, rollpan
    ~Shaved door handles
    INSTALLED my 3 pump Red's competition hydraulic setup, chain bridge/coil over
    Can we say, "standing 3-wheel?"
    -To Be-
    ~Euro tails and clear corners ~Shaved moldings, roof rack
    ~Poly Blue paint from a Mitsu.VR4, blue, red, and black pearls (in the can, in the garage)

I use to run this shit- TUCKINRIMINS10's Avatar
    hey man got any pics of your blazer???
    Don't Buy anything from uglyjed.. What a -fuckbag- he is.

no pictures online yet, i'm hoping to have it dropped sometime this weekend if i can get those keys, then i'll post pics after that.
    BUT I GOTTA HAVE THOSE EVER SO HARD TO FIND KEYS!!!! These keys will be the death of me
    ~85' S-10 4x4 Blazer
    ~Fancy Alpine headunit, Pionneer highs and mids at the corners, Xtant 600 watt class D amp, JL 12w7 in custom enclosure -hit 141.5db- (little plexiglass for looks) 4 guage Monster wires and other exspensive tid-bits i don't really need
    ~Shaved door handles
    -To Be-
    ~Poly Blue paint from a Mitsu.VR4, blue, red, and black pearls (in the can, in the garage)

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    I was looking into doing this same thing for knowledge sakes. Maybe I'll go check on it next week.

Well i just went for it today, i went to GMC and orderd what i think to be the Sy/Ty keys....part #15684327....they get here Friday so hopefully Friday and Saturday night i will about 3-4 inchs closer to mother earth,...which isn't quite enough, but it will do for now!
    ~85' S-10 4x4 Blazer
    ~Shaved door handles
    -To Be-

There was a post somewhere on here where someone listed the part numbers of the sy/ty keys. I'll see if I can dig it up and ill post it if I can find it Schimel
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

15684327 is the part number that Warren_28_4x4 posted on here and on s-series.org (I think it was S-Series) as being the part number for the sy/ty keys, so I think that you are right on Schimel.. When you get them in post up a pic or something and I might be able to ID them for you, there is a pic floating around of them on here somewhere, ill just have to find it and compare pics....

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

Thanks S/T Lover....but SlimGu just informed me that they won't work without the Sy/Ty torsion bars too, b/c the torsion bars on Sy/Ty are smaller than normal blazers, so i'll have to figure something out on that one,...or i may just say to hell with it and do the 6",...i'm just scared of ruining my tires ya know.
    Oh well, if anyone else has any good ideas for me, please post them and let me know!
    What a set back, the keys get here tomorrow, and we were droppin her tomorrow night...damnit!
    ~85' S-10 4x4 Blazer
    ~Shaved door handles
    -To Be-

I thought that the TY bars were the same but the SY bars were smaller??? I thought that I read that on syty.org???? :confused:

If the T-Bars themselves were smaller it would allow the truck to go down lower all in itself. The bar would physically bend more (because its thinner). If they had the the small bars and the lowered keys it would be slammed. So my thinking on this is that either one or the other and not both. Tuesday I'll stop over the GM dealership and talk to a buddy of mine. Maybe I can get him to order in new T-bars and keys for a regular 4x4 and a Syclone/Typhoon. So I can compare them. :) Its nice having friends.

Well i appreciate that, maybe something will get discovered,...oh and one more thing i want to get out,...WHEN and IF anyone out there orders the Sy/Ty lowered keys,....order TWO,...no matter what the dumbass behind the counter tells you,...THEY DO NOT COME IN A PAIR...you pay $24,...you only get ONE KEY....so make sure they order "Quanity:2" i made that mistake,....and now i got one damn key in my room. Looks cool though, plus if they won't fit on my truck,....nice Sy/Ty collectible!
    ~85' S-10 4x4 Blazer
    ~Shaved door handles
    -To Be-

EDIT: Guys thanks for all the info your digging up. From what im gathering it looks as if:
    The Typhoon Key is the same as any other, (The hex DOES FIT THE T-BAR) but they used smaller diameter torsion bars to achieve the drop.
    There for until anyone finds anything else out theres no way to drop a 4x4 with Sy/Ty keys. Unless you want to buy the T-bars too. (lotsa money)
    This info has been proved to be 100% Correct..
    Thanks to s10blazed for this info. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Last edited by warren87_28_4x4; 09-12-2002 at 06:54 PM.

so does it work or not?

Well fellas,...i said to hell with, pulled 2 all nighters,...with alittle other custom stuff in between......and laid her out 5 1/2" in the front, and 5" in the back, with air shocks...the drop in the back made the frame lay on the rearend, so i had to have soemthing lift it off alittle,.....ride isn't that bad either. I did SlimGu's t-bat flip trick and everything seemed to work just like he said. So it's a damn good thing he figured it out. The rop set it right on top of my tires, looks damn good to me!
    ~85' S-10 4x4 Blazer
    ~Shaved door handles
    -To Be-

I ordered a pair of Typhoon keys today. They should be in within the next 2 days. I will try my best to get them on Thursday. I will take tons of pics and get as many measurements as I can before and after. I will have to find my adjuster bolts to see what the exact range is. I put them somewhere when I took them out. Now I dont know where. When (or IF) I get these to work, I will drive around on them for a few days to see how they ride. After I see how they ride I am gonna take them off and sell them. I don't plan on using them at all. Wish me luck.