Thread: Fluttering, help me

Fluttering, help me

I just put the Edelbrock Performer EPS intake, with an Edelbrock 600 cfm manual choke carb, part number 1405 on my 81 Cutlass with a 267. I know the carb is a little large for the motor but im just waiting for it to go so I can upgrade to 350 or maybe 400, therefore getting the 600cfm.
    When your accelerating once the secondaries kick in, the carb makes a fairley loud fluttering sound. It will do this not under load as well. What could be causing this to happen?
    Also, if anyone could give me tips for general tuning it would be helpful. I have read the book that came with the carb twice now, and have begun to understand a fair bit, but still have alot to learn.
    86 S10Blazer, Project truck
    Bagged, Bodydropped 4 3/4", Shaved Clean

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    Not much time to reply. Just figured I'd drop you this link. Might find something helpful in it.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/eps_intro.html
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

Thanks, I read the book already though. I believe I might be experencing what most call "Popping". Would i be too rich? Do I have to change plugs if i lean it out a bit or visa versa?
    86 S10Blazer, Project truck
    Bagged, Bodydropped 4 3/4", Shaved Clean

run better cold ? (probably crich)

or hot ? (probably lean)

back firing, probably lean

4 barrel?

random question for you, how is the 267. ci with a 4 barrel on it. i've got a 267 sittin around with a 2 barrel on it and was thinking about changing it to a 4 barrel.
    racing with a honda is like the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded