Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trimming cups?

trimming cups?

I have spindles and s10 cups in the front...but I am still over an inch from laying in the front.

When you trim the cups do you take from just the lowers or does it matter??
    8================D

damn low dragging 4x4
    i took a little over an inch off the lowers. I dont think i would mess with the uppers because if you cut too much the fittings will hit the frame. are you sure this is the problem? did you see if the tie-rods are hitting? did you eyebrow the frame good enough so the control arms arent hitting it? what size rims are you running?
    president: Lower Level Customs car and truck club
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/locoblazer269
    90 BLAZER 4.3 4x4 dropped 7" fully shaved with full size chevy tails, 98 Honda accord ground effect, 2 inch cowl hood, truxarossa grill and mirrors, metal flake and yellow flamed paint job, molded wing, too much to list( back under construction! new front end to come... out with the fiberglass back with the metal!)
    87 blazer: 2wd under construction

The tie-rods still have about an 1 before hitting and I am not sure what you mean "eyebrow the frame"

The only "mods" done up front are the spring pocket is trimmed so that the bag won't rub. I haven't touched anything else, the control arms are untouched and the rest of the frame up front is untouched.

I am running 18's 245/40

I tried to post some pics, but it's not working right now
    8================D

pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    8================D

pics...sorry they are crap
    8================D

last
    8================D

damn low dragging 4x4
    on 18's with spindles it should lay. "eyebrowing" + trimming is the same thing. something tells me it sounds like something is hitting and preventing it from laying out. id recheck then if you need to trim the cups i would.
    90 BLAZER 4.3 4x4 dropped 7" fully shaved with full size chevy tails, 98 Honda accord ground effect, 2 inch cowl hood, truxarossa grill and mirrors, metal flake and yellow flamed paint job, molded wing, too much to list( back under construction! new front end to come... out with the fiberglass back with the metal!)

I'm not sure how tall of a tire before the upper ball joint binds, but you might want to check for that also...

Check to see that the front of your lower contorl arm is not stopped by the hanger? hard to explain basically wher eur bushing is on the front of the arm connected to the frame there is mount, when u push the lower arm up that usually hits
    RUN WITH SIZZORS!!!, I DO!!!

94 sonoma ext cab daily

86 blaze 2 dr 2wd ... v8 and layd on 18's

thanks for the tips, i'll check tommorrow and see what I come up with:bigthumb:
    8================D

Originally posted by JKBLAZIN
    on 18's with spindles it should lay. "eyebrowing" + trimming is the same thing. something tells me it sounds like something is hitting and preventing it from laying out. id recheck then if you need to trim the cups i would.

I'm with him, you should be able to lay out on a 245/40 18's with spindles. Are you not running them? If you run spindles you should have no problem. :bigthumb:
    85' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.8L*Sold*
    88' S-10 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.5L *Sold*
    88' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD R Code 2.8L *Daily Project*
    89' Jimmy 2dr 2WD Z Code 4.3L TBI *Parts Truck*
    92' Jimmy 4Dr 2WD W Code 4.3L Vortec *Sold*

Quote Originally Posted by FeTTo View Post
    please tell me you just took your stupid pill before posting that :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mine didn't lay out on a 215/50 R15 until I cut the hump on the control arm out You might wanna check the to make sure the side of the control arm that faces the rear isn't holding the frame up.
    Completion Date- Whenever the hell I get time

Bagged,20s,A/C,backseats cpolaris502's Avatar
    the thing that i hit in front before modding anything was the LCA mounts. you need to trim it up higher so that the arm can travel farther. then i also dehumped and trimmed the upper cup 1/2in because i plan to run bigger wheels. after doing those things, it set the crossmember on the ground with a 25.3 in tire. the inners, tierods, and cross member all hit at the same time and it just barely lays, i need to remove the inners and notch the tie rods and it will be better.
    Fully bagged with S10 3 link and F9000's behind and under.

picture of truck: http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...r/IMG_4846.jpg

damn low dragging 4x4
    ya did you ever figure out the problem?