Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: help me lay out the rear on 22's

help me lay out the rear on 22's

I laid out fine with airover leaf and bolt in notch and 18's now iam running 22's 265-35-22 and need a whole new setup. i cut my wheel wellsout and iam 4inches from laying. i need a bigger notch and a link any advice will help. anyone know what link Cuntstud is running?

heres a pic of my blazer n my wifes magnum
    Attached Images Attached Images

damn know one has any opinions on what link i should use??? or how to setup a 3link on a 2gen 4 dr...?

really any link setup should work. the thing that matters is where your bags mount and how high your notch is
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd

put a bigger notch

bigger notch, you will have to tub the door jambs, build all new tubs inside,

mine is 2 linked, which isnt the best set up in the world, but i wanted to keep a back seat, so thats what i choose, and it has worked for me for a couple years. i also have a 2dr blazer gas tank relocated to the back is the spare tire section under the truck, and the frame has been "de-humped" so it lays lower.
    i also had to move the floor up over the drive shaft in the back seat/floor board area.

up front, you will need tubular control arms, upper and lower (makes it sooooo much easier) drop spindles, tub your firewall, relocate your wiring harness that passes through the firewall, change out your brake booster to a smaller one, or a hydro-booster, ditch the factory wheel tubs, (make new ones if u want), notch out for the tie-rod ends, relocate your battery a little higher, ditch or totally reconstruct all your a/c stuff.

i would post pictures, but my notch was done crappily (new word? HAHA) and my under carrage(sp) is dirty, so i dont want the whole world to see. that was all when i was a noob and didnt know anything. but now, i plan on redoing it all, hopefully soon. i want a bd, and i want to back half it, so i might as well go on and do the stock floor thing.

enough rambiling by me...
    Last edited by CunT StuD; 01-29-2007 at 02:30 PM.
    -You have 2 ears and one mouth, so u need to listen twice as much as u talk-

www.myspace.com/breakinnecksprez

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/im/vi...x?id=Blazed22s

http://members.cardomain.com/9chevblaze6

4 DOOR LOVE

my buddy russell (jlaudio9), is having his 2nd gen 4dr re-done with a 6-link right now, but i dont have any pics of it, i'll try to find them. a friend from another club is actually doing it. but its being layed out on 18's, :roll: haha j/k russell, it still looks good, and is 100x cleaner then mine :bigthumb:
    but anything is possible, just have to put your mind to it and plan it all out.
    -You have 2 ears and one mouth, so u need to listen twice as much as u talk-

www.myspace.com/breakinnecksprez

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/im/vi...x?id=Blazed22s

http://members.cardomain.com/9chevblaze6

4 DOOR LOVE

the front is ready to lay i got uppers and lowers from art n tierod notched drop spindles i just gotta notch my fire wall. the back is gutted got suv tubs from s.d. now iam iam going to notch the frame 8inches and drop the gas tank and get a 2dr tank. can i keep the same sending unit>? i was thinking of getting a 2link aswell since i never drive the blazer it just been sitting for 3yrs as i wrk on it most it drives is to get gas n bak. what 2link should i use? have u guys herd of silver star customs 2link? cuntstud i been keepin up with ur build since it was on 20's nice wrk. what part of orlando are u in? i go up there quite often... thanx everyone for the replies

your stock unit should work mine does.

lets see some pics.

Originally posted by allupinu69
    lets see some pics.
    x2
    I Cut To Drag

Yeah, Silverstar Customs makes an awesome bag-on-bar 2link setup. I believe it runs 499.99 pricewise. Other than that yeah it's about the best 2link money can buy. I would ditch the bushings and go with some Super Pivots if your going with a S/S bag setup. Plus they last alot longer. Have fun! Keep us updated okay? -Josh
    85' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.8L*Sold*
    88' S-10 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.5L *Sold*
    88' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD R Code 2.8L *Daily Project*
    89' Jimmy 2dr 2WD Z Code 4.3L TBI *Parts Truck*
    92' Jimmy 4Dr 2WD W Code 4.3L Vortec *Sold*

Quote Originally Posted by FeTTo View Post
    please tell me you just took your stupid pill before posting that :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Originally posted by 92Jimmy
    Yeah, Silverstar Customs makes an awesome bag-on-bar 2link setup. I believe it runs 499.99 pricewise. Other than that yeah it's about the best 2link money can buy. I would ditch the bushings and go with some Super Pivots if your going with a S/S bag setup. Plus they last alot longer. Have fun! Keep us updated okay? -Josh
    a polyurethane bushing will almost always outlast a spherical rod end. And there is no point in putting *super pivots* in a 2 link because it will not have any articulation regaurdless of end type. $500 is a rediculous price for a piece. IMO.. You can build 2 4 links for that price and keep the back seat..
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

i dnt know how to post more than one pic ne 1 know

?.
    Attached Images Attached Images

as anyone herd of anyone one using the SSC 2link on a blazer? i called ssc and they told me they can make it for a blazer. iam thinking of getting it. any one have any info on it? I like how the bags are on the bars.