Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60

Thread: help me lay out the rear on 22's

  1. #31
    Smash it 4.3 zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Houston Texas/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,193
    Originally posted by CunT StuD
    welp, guess my truck is garbage, might as well take it to the crusher huh? and along with alot of the cover trucks of the magazines you read, take those things there too. :evilfu:

    and if u just wanna go around bein a dick, and telling people that their trucks are garbage, why dont u go be with the fags on S-10 forums. im sure they'll welcome you with open arms
    I didn't say anything about you or your truck. But if you really want my opinion then yes your rear suspension is garbage and every other 2 linked suspension is garbage as well, no matter what is covering it up. Cover trucks like that are nothing but fancy paint and chrome. You can make anything LOOK good.

    We try and give you people advise when you ask for it. but then just totally discard it and go with the cheapest/easiest thing possible because "someone you know has done it for years with no problem" regaurdless of what we say. A 2 link does not allow the axle to articulate. What little articulation there is is actually flexing from the frame and the u-bots/axle housing. Those are not things you want to be flexing a whole lot. The reason the stresses are induced into the frame and the axle is the link bars are fixed directly to the axle. Regaurdless of bushing material the fact that the link bar is fixed directly to the axle means that will always be a high stess area. This makes it prone to failure. Failure of the link between the 2 link bar and the axle causes your truck to drop to the ground, the axle swings backwards on that side, and you, your truck, and whoever is next to you on the road to head straight into the ditch. Suspension is very important.. not something you want to be sub par. Especially if it is as easy as a 3 or 4 link which only requires a few more dollars and a few more hours of your time to complete.

    Originally posted by SFLAFINEST
    :nono: SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF. I know u have so much time on your hands after seeing how many post u have but its ok , you keep on buildin your old cars and leave the baliin to the Ballers OK?ok!


    The 06 Magnum 22's custom 2tone red and black interior lambo doors
    The blazer 22's bagged interior tv's 4 w6's and more to come
    The House 5 bedroom 4 bathroom pool stamp concrete all the way around marble floors

    at 23yrs old i didnt think anything ive done so far is half ass
    HAHAHA omg lmfao Ill keep the baliin to you bro you keep it goin.... who cares how many posts i have? ive been here for over 3 years.. you tend to accumulate a few posts in that amount of time.

    So you have gone 23 years without halfassing anything.. why start now with something as important as the suspension of your truck?

    Sorry,
    /Non Baller
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

    Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

  2. #32
    will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    7,295
    Originally posted by SFLAFINEST
    :nono: SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF. I know u have so much time on your hands after seeing how many post u have but its ok , you keep on buildin your old cars and leave the baliin to the Ballers OK?ok!


    The 06 Magnum 22's custom 2tone red and black interior lambo doors
    The blazer 22's bagged interior tv's 4 w6's and more to come
    The House 5 bedroom 4 bathroom pool stamp concrete all the way around marble floors

    at 23yrs old i didnt think anything ive done so far is half ass
    do u sprinkle diamonds on your food too? you know so ur dookie can twinkle.... balllllllllllllin..
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

    Street Source page

    Projects i've done

    V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

  3. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    92
    Originally posted by phatfarmer2
    do u sprinkle diamonds on your food too? you know so ur dookie can twinkle.... balllllllllllllin..
    sure do!:D but iam not here to argue with u or grandpa so lets leave at that so stop hating

  4. #34
    will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    7,295
    Originally posted by SFLAFINEST
    sure do!:D but iam not here to argue with u or grandpa so lets leave at that so stop hating

    well if you got the money as u say you do.. do youself a favor and get anything but a two link..
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

    Street Source page

    Projects i've done

    V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

  5. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    92
    Originally posted by SFLAFINEST
    finally decided to get a sumit fuel cell and a univeral 4 link either from sd of fbi. any one use the fbi for link b4?
    already said i would. mny is not a problem it's time. but iam going to link it paint it maybe even bd it cause it will be featured.

  6. #36
    will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    7,295
    btw can i see a picture of your marble floors..?
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

    Street Source page

    Projects i've done

    V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

  7. #37
    Your mom's box! slammins15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    surrounded by stupidity
    Posts
    6,323
    Originally posted by SFLAFINEST
    sure do!:D but iam not here to argue with u or grandpa so lets leave at that so stop hating
    If your referring to zach as grandpa just how old are you? 4.3zach just turned 19.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!



  8. #38
    Nubcake Creager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    613
    Originally posted by phatfarmer2
    btw can i see a picture of your marble floors..?
    im gonna guess no, or he will pick a random house with marble floors
    Don't make me beat you like a runaway slave....
    4 Door Love
    Originally posted by S/T Lover
    Good God, you are a fucking retard. I should ban you for being a fucking waste of sperm.

  9. #39
    Breakin Necks Prez CunT StuD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Orlando FL
    Posts
    1,503
    well, to argue back,... i know the benefits of a 2 link are about as long as my thumb. but it has gotten the job done, period. yes i have had my problems with it. but for my broke ass, and having a lack of knowledge at the time, thats what i chose. i know the limitations of my link setup. i cant hit sides, oh well. i think hitting sides are for fags, and go in the same line up as lambo doors. i couldnt do it anyways with out hitting my wheels on the frame or wheel tubs. i have never broken a u-bolt, but i have had the rear crossbar between the link bars break, WHY? cuz the guy did a shitty job of welding it on. me and my buddy went back over it a couple months later and put some simple gussets on it, and i havent had one problem with it since, and that was about 16 months ago.

    i was also thinking, but isnt a 2link just link a leaf spring? the are both HARD mounted to the axle, and give very little in the articulation dept. the leaf spring does give more, but not too much. but its all in how you use it. of course if someone tries to hit sides all the time, the ubolts or what ever will break, but if u drive it responsibly, it shouldnt have any problems, shit, doesnt some newer vehicles come with 2links and pan hard bars? whats the difference? the difference is the shit for brains kid behind the wheel thinking they can hit 3wheels and hit crazy sides with a 2link. leave that shit to the low lows.

    we all dont have access to a lift, or a nice garage with kick ass welders, tubing notchers, plasma cutters, and so on. my truck was done in the drive way of my friends house. it was my only truck back then, so it had to be done kinda fast. i didnt have 2 years to plan it all out and get exact precise measurements and so on so i can keep my back seat and also get 27 inches of lift. my truck was down. for maybe a week and a half i think. my truck is still a daily driver. i can rely on it at anytime. i could drive it to your house and back, and the only worry i would have would be my tired ass engine goin dead on me. and getting some nails in the tires.

    im done now guys. sorry for hi-jackin your thread SFLA , SFLA made his decesion:bigthumb: im going to keep driving my blazer everyday, till the engine blows.
    -You have 2 ears and one mouth, so u need to listen twice as much as u talk-

    www.myspace.com/breakinnecksprez

    http://www.streetsourcemag.com/im/vi...x?id=Blazed22s

    http://members.cardomain.com/9chevblaze6

    4 DOOR LOVE

  10. #40
    Smash it 4.3 zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Houston Texas/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,193
    Originally posted by CunT StuD
    well, to argue back,... i know the benefits of a 2 link are about as long as my thumb. but it has gotten the job done, period. yes i have had my problems with it. but for my broke ass, and having a lack of knowledge at the time, thats what i chose. i know the limitations of my link setup. i cant hit sides, oh well. i think hitting sides are for fags, and go in the same line up as lambo doors. i couldnt do it anyways with out hitting my wheels on the frame or wheel tubs. i have never broken a u-bolt, but i have had the rear crossbar between the link bars break, WHY? cuz the guy did a shitty job of welding it on. me and my buddy went back over it a couple months later and put some simple gussets on it, and i havent had one problem with it since, and that was about 16 months ago.

    i was also thinking, but isnt a 2link just link a leaf spring? the are both HARD mounted to the axle, and give very little in the articulation dept. the leaf spring does give more, but not too much. but its all in how you use it. of course if someone tries to hit sides all the time, the ubolts or what ever will break, but if u drive it responsibly, it shouldnt have any problems, shit, doesnt some newer vehicles come with 2links and pan hard bars? whats the difference? the difference is the shit for brains kid behind the wheel thinking they can hit 3wheels and hit crazy sides with a 2link. leave that shit to the low lows.

    we all dont have access to a lift, or a nice garage with kick ass welders, tubing notchers, plasma cutters, and so on. my truck was done in the drive way of my friends house. it was my only truck back then, so it had to be done kinda fast. i didnt have 2 years to plan it all out and get exact precise measurements and so on so i can keep my back seat and also get 27 inches of lift. my truck was down. for maybe a week and a half i think. my truck is still a daily driver. i can rely on it at anytime. i could drive it to your house and back, and the only worry i would have would be my tired ass engine goin dead on me. and getting some nails in the tires.

    im done now guys. sorry for hi-jackin your thread SFLA , SFLA made his decesion:bigthumb: im going to keep driving my blazer everyday, till the engine blows.
    No a 2 link is not like a leaf spring at all. The general shape of a leaf spring alone allows it to articulate (very thin and wide) not to mention it is made from spring steel with is meant to flex and return to its shape. Where as 90% of 2 links made today are from 2x2x1/4" wall square tubing. And that stuff doesnt twist at all.. especially over a short span like a lower link bar. I don't know of any late model vehicles with 2 links but I can guarentee you that if they do the link bars are made from stamped steel. Which flexes very easily and is designed that way so less bind is induced into the rear axle assembly and the frame.

    And heres the thing I don't get about you guys. You say you don't have enough money. Then why are you dumping all your money into a truck? shouldn't you be saving? investing? planning for the future? As much as it is wanted your truck doesnt HAVE to be modified right now. Put it off for a while until you have sufficient founds and tools to do the job right the first time. that way your not wasting your time/money. Good things come in time.

    I don't have a lift nor do i have a nice garage. The only thing my parents have handed me is the single car garage. I have all my tools because I started working when I was 9 years old and saved every penny of it with the intention of buying tools/car parts. Thats 10 years of saving and working so far and is the only reason I have the tools I have.
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

    Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

  11. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    92
    If you really want to see a pic of the floors leme knoe matter fact ill make a video and walk u around like MTV cribs. I really dnt care what ya think or say i was just making a thread about what link i should use but as always some idiots have to run thier mouths. Dosent bother me build something to show for all that talk get it in a magazine that what its all about i might noty know to much about links but i been in the lowrider scean since 96 had juiced cars juiced cars and now iam trying baggs. take a breath drink ur Hateraide and shhhhhh....

  12. #42
    will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    7,295
    Originally posted by SFLAFINEST
    If you really want to see a pic of the floors leme knoe matter fact ill make a video and walk u around like MTV cribs. I really dnt care what ya think or say i was just making a thread about what link i should use but as always some idiots have to run thier mouths. Dosent bother me build something to show for all that talk get it in a magazine that what its all about i might noty know to much about links but i been in the lowrider scean since 96 had juiced cars juiced cars and now iam trying baggs. take a breath drink ur Hateraide and shhhhhh....
    well you came on this site sayin ur a baller, with this and that an money isnt an option.. that is what we call being a jackass, there was no need to say you own a magnum a big house and marble floors, and whatever else.. and calling someone on here who knows that there talking about grandpa, who happens to be a few years younger then you.. dont talk shit, and dont pretend your gods gift to everyone, we dont care what u own, and we dont care what u can afford, dont act cocky...
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

    Street Source page

    Projects i've done

    V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

  13. #43
    Registered User AIR SIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,028
    Originally posted by SFLAFINEST
    Dosent bother me build something to show for all that talk get it in a magazine that what its all about i might noty know to much about links but i been in the lowrider scean since 96 had juiced cars juiced cars and now iam trying baggs. take a breath drink ur Hateraide and shhhhhh....
    Getting in a magazine might be what it's all about in the lowrider 'scean' but in the minitruckin' 'scene' that's not what it's all about to most of us...
    And if you've been doin' the lowrider thing for that long, you should know at least a thing or two about link setups. I know for a fact quite a few of the Chevy cars they use for lowriders/hoppers come with factory 4 links...

  14. #44
    HOPPIN Connoissuer! Black n Chrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    179
    Hey, fellas, every ones seems to have lost their ability to read. I want to give what I can see so that you guys can clown on me.

    First, 4.3 Zach, your post of "nobody here wants to see that Garbage" was not needed. If you want to 2 link your ride, thats your choice, and if we want to warn you about it thats our choice! There are tons of sites and forums where this debate will proceed forever. Do what you need to do with what you have and be proud and post it up. Even if you half ass it, posting gives people a good Idea of what not to do, but if you have educated your self and I think thats what you are doing than you probably wont half ass it.

    Second, I agree that you shouldnt try to brag. The "who has what" game can go on forever. There will always be someone that has that much more, or who has the one up. If you want to prove a point take a second and try not to turn it into something about race or class. Everyone loves to jump on someone that tries to flaunt. To those that want to Clown on the "baller", we all know what he was trying to say you just got lost in the words. He is responsible person, and he wanted to ask for help, thats all he was trying to prove.

    4.3 Zach, hey you have an awesome idea of how life is supposed to be. I wish everyone was so mature. Lets be a little practical, the amount of money saved in this country is pathetic. Building a nice ride, for some, is the only way to feel rich. I didn't save all of my money, I didn't gamble, smoke, drink, I built my truck with every extra dollar I had. I went with a 2-Link, and like others have said It works for me. I have been here longer than a lot of you and seen the debates back and forth but I made my decision, and I will post it where ever I want wether you like it or not.
    Silly MINI, Hydro's are for LOLO's
    FREAkss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    92
    Its about time someone with repect and manners has spoken. thanks Blacknchrome. ne ways Has any one used the F.B.I. universal four link? is it the same quality as sd?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •