Thread: ? about 4 door rear

? about 4 door rear

What is the tallest tire you can lay without tubbing? Ill be running a 2 door tank so I can shave the frame down. The size Im looking at is 255/35/20 now..But I can get new tires.

is your frame notched, is your floor notched? You won't be able to lay anything if your frame isn't step notched and the floor isn't notched. If you do have that done I fit a 215/50/R15 without tubs.
    Completion Date- Whenever the hell I get time

Originally posted by lowLIFEBlazer
    is your frame notched, is your floor notched? You won't be able to lay anything if your frame isn't step notched and the floor isn't notched. If you do have that done I fit a 215/50/R15 without tubs.
    Sorry forgot to include that part..

Ill be running the step notch. And a 3 link with bags behind axel. Main ? is, what is the tallest tire with it being tubbed for the tires? The floor is getting raised just dont wanna have to tub.

I would say at the most a 24" tire, that would be about a 215/35 R18. You won't be able to lay 20"s without tubs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally posted by lowLIFEBlazer
    I would say at the most a 24" tire, that would be about a 215/35 R18. You won't be able to lay 20"s without tubs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    You do understand Im talking about the rear right?

yea, I just went out and looked at mine, I have a 205/75 R15 on right now which is about 1/10 of an inch bigger than your tire and I'm about an inch from laying out without the fenderwells cut. So you might be able to lay out a 26". But that would like a 215/35-20
    Last edited by lowLIFEBlazer; 02-01-2007 at 01:59 PM.

No Fat Chicks
    you will not be able to lay without tubbing
    bottom line....unless you wanna run like lame ass 13s...not hard to tub it...all u really have to do is replace the metal on the inside of the tub...

I dont mean to thread jack, but does a '92 4dr also need straight or crooked notches? :confused:
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

No Fat Chicks
    mine is a 1991 and it is crooked....but i never bought notches....i built them.