Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil Pressure Low?? Why...?

Banned
    I was going to say if your psi was low you;d be having some problems.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Originally posted by Pushrod
    Make sure when you installed your new sensor it was tight, or well not leaking any oil around it.. Alot of times ill wrap some line tape around any lines especially oil pressure lines to make sure the oil doesnt blow through the threads. Sounds to me like its in your cluster/gauge because if it was the sensor the gauge needle would bounce around or go up real quick when you accelerate.

One way to make for sure that it does actually have good oil pressure is if you have a mechanical gauge laying around with about say 3 feet of oil pressure line, hook it up then see what that tells ya. I dont trust electric, never accurate.
    Ok checked the sensor it was lose so it was making my fuel pump run even with the key shut of what a disaster!!
    So made a few turns and it stoped that! Boy i was glad i was just about to take it in i was going crazy checking all the relays.

Ok so that problem is fixed but i am still having the oil gage problem, the oil gage is right when i first start it u p but then after like 5 mins its starts to slowley drop to what you see in the picture above, and the check gages light comes on but when i step on the gas it goes to like 40,
    I was reading some of the other post on the forum and everyone says it fine that there's does the same thing is this true or?

I should check it with a mechanical gauge then what if its still low what should i do?
    Man i hate this electronic gages these days.
    :(
    Thanks for your time..Mike
    1990 Blazer 4.3 v6
    1996 Blazer 4.3 v6 Gone :(

How do you install a mechanical gauge? So i can take this electrical gage out.
    Does anyone have any pics?
    Last edited by Blazen1990; 02-10-2007 at 11:43 PM.
    1990 Blazer 4.3 v6

Banned
    Nothing wrong with an electric gauge, like an aftermarket one such as autometer. Just unscrew the stock sending unit and screw in the sending unit that came with the gauge. the only part that sucks is you have to run the wire, (or line if its mechanicl) through the firewall to the gauge.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Originally posted by Superbee
    Nothing wrong with an electric gauge, like an aftermarket one such as autometer. Just unscrew the stock sending unit and screw in the sending unit that came with the gauge. the only part that sucks is you have to run the wire, (or line if its mechanicl) through the firewall to the gauge.
    Oh i see it should be pretty easy then?
    Thanks Superbee i am going to pick one up and do it but i have a question will that dumb check gages light be on all the time?
    Can anyone recommend a gage thats is good to use.
    Last edited by Blazen1990; 02-11-2007 at 12:02 AM.
    1990 Blazer 4.3 v6

Banned
    Ive had good luck with my autometer and the cheaper eequis gauges from oriellys. As for the light, i guess you can dissconnect it if you promise yourself to keep a conscious eye on the psi gauge. that would be last resort of course.

Thanks for your help superbee yeah probly disconect that, thing.
    1990 Blazer 4.3 v6

Banned
    no problem:)

Hmmmm... how many miles since last oil change?
    --- S.I.C. St Louis ---
    My Body Drop Thread

HELP!!!!

Okay, I figured I would post this up on here since making a new one would equal to me getting flamed... Anyways, My 92 w/digi dash does the same. When I bought the truck it ran fine, no smoke or anything. Now, it smokes when I first crank it, which is most likely the valve guide seals. But, my oil PSI goes from 80 to like 20-25ish. Some times it'll run all day at 80PSI and no probs but, sometimes it'll run at 80 and then drop when I'm stopped or slowing down and it'll actually cut the truck OFF! I have no clue what to do. I think it's the Oil Pressure Switch.... Some help?
    85' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.8L*Sold*
    88' S-10 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.5L *Sold*
    88' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD R Code 2.8L *Daily Project*
    89' Jimmy 2dr 2WD Z Code 4.3L TBI *Parts Truck*
    92' Jimmy 4Dr 2WD W Code 4.3L Vortec *Sold*

Quote Originally Posted by FeTTo View Post
    please tell me you just took your stupid pill before posting that :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: