Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: engine upgrade time

Tahoe Owning Member
    I dont even own a blazer I got a 4 door tahoe but I dont think that would be able to hold it down on the street either. ya that much HP would be a bit to much along with that price tag. I'm trying to keep the engine plus some upgrades at right around 3 grand which with those mods I have mentioned so far Im still under 3 just duno wa to do about an intake yet.

call this number and ask them what cam and roller rocker set you should run for your application 6196616477. guaranteed theyll have the right answer. For an intake i might be wrong but ive never seen an aftermarket intake for the vortec motor. could do headers high flow cats and a good exhaust and a good quality air intake.

Banned
    Ight, well a scanner wont tell you a cylinder wall is bad. I really think you should see if your block is ok and get it bored .30 and build it fresh. Yeah, it kinda doesnt make sence tearing down that already build motor, plud, idk how that company runs but i bet it will void any warranty.

You cant have a lopey cam with fuel injection unless you have time to spare tuning it to make it run, with a 114 lobe separation it will take that away, therefore making the computer happy. Those numbers looked good for a cam, on average upgrading to the 1.6's will add around .30 lift so it might make it a little high, just depending on how big you want to go.

And your right, dont even thing about putting an new engine in withough a new water pump in, that would be stupid. And i wouldnt waste the money on that starter either, just get an oem.

Use your old block and you can have alot more goodies for 3K then getting that reman and adding too it imo.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Tahoe Owning Member
    I get what your saying about the lopey cam.. I got the good dual flowmaster 40 series exhaust nd I'm gonna get my vortec heads redone so I got faith that it will still sound mean. Ya I get what you mean with the computer being all screwed up. The only problem with tearing my exisiting motor down would be this is my daily and I've already been out a truck for 3 weeks now, that and I have no idea where any machine shops are around me. Thats why I just want a new engine to drop in and get it over with as quick as possible. If I can find a machine shop around here I would without a doubt rebuild just my engine and put the 3 grand into really beefing it up. And I guess I'll stick with my intake now nd I guess I will get a normal starter save a buck or 2 there

Banned
    Good luck, i know how it is to be out a vehical, just dont do somthing your gonna regret later just because your in a hurry.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Tahoe Owning Member
    ya I hear you there. I looked up a few machine shops that are decently local I'm gonna try to give them a call 2mrw. Will they also put the new cam in while they are doing everything else? I mean right now I'm beating on my sisters honda accord so I can last alittle longer if its worth the money and I have to lol.

Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer
    Making a crack at him on the starter....but you recommend to him better pistons as a performance upgrade?? :rolleyes:
    oh goodness.. you are a happy little fella aren't ya?
    rolling eyes is rude.

i realize if he infact does do the pistons, then he will need the starter, but if maybe it was on that first list that he made (the pistons that is..) i wouldn't have said anything about the starter.

anyway, i wasnt crackin on you man..:)

Banned
    Originally posted by lowestyet1
    i realize if he infact does do the pistons, then he will need the starter, but if maybe it was on that first list that he made (the pistons that is..) i wouldn't have said anything about the starter.

Ummmm, huh?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Superbee
    Ummmm, huh?:rolleyes:
    :roll:
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

i mean that IS in english..

i dont know how you dont understand that..
    just make my point clear..

1. you made a joke of me saying he doesnt need a starter..mean while i had recommended saying higher cr pistons.

2. i was simply laughing at the list that he made... not in a make fun kind of way but simply that he had a high torque starter, with out high compression, under a list starting with the sentence:

...well I sat down and went through my summit catalog for to beef that engine up alittle. Here is whats I came up with...

a starter doesnt BEEF it up.

but you know what? i just realized arguing online doesn't mean shit. i wouldnt have replied if i didnt simply want you to understand me.

It's all about to change winditup57's Avatar
    kids these days...:rofl:

i knew i shouldnt have sent in my rebuttle..

honestly im not having a pissing contest lol i just felt obligated to explain myself. anyway.. back to the thread..