Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lowering my x

Puttin the "Sport" in SUV hivoltagedriver's Avatar
    the black ones....

20x8.5 in the front, 20x10 in the rear. got to go wider in the back.

They also have them in chrome, but they are about $150 more, and I think they might be too much bling.

Blacked out member. Mistersponge's Avatar
    If you really like them find someone to photoshop them on it, I just dont like the greyish color on a black truck. . . the only other wheel I was considering is the Boss 312. You can see them here. . . I think they look amazing for a chrome wheel, and I dont really care for that many chrome wheels.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=390

Check out performance plus tires in CA, they have some crazy cheap wheel tire packages. Unless you are already looking there.

What will you be gaining from the axle swap?

*Edit* I didnt see until now that you are considering the grey/black/chromes. . . I vote black, but if you can hold off a week I'll show you what they look like on my truck. Of course it will look a little ugly until I get my 2/4 kit on.

**Edit** Do you have aim? LoL That would be way easier.
    Last edited by Mistersponge; 04-07-2007 at 09:01 PM.
    -Brian
    02 Blazer Xtreme
    57 Chevy Bel Air
    Quote Originally Posted by DbBlazer View Post
    dude what do u think a trubo is? it is just a fan

The 8.8 inch axle is probably 3-400% stronger than the stock axle, and it is almost a direct bolt-in. It is wider than the stock 2WD axle by 4" - and the same width as the 4WD S10 axle. It will allow me to bolt a higher offset wheel directly on. I will be running 1" Billet adapters in the front.

It will be next weekend before I can order the wheels anyways, so hurry up with those pictures. I have been considering the dark grey for a long time now. I think it will give it a little more of a classic hot rod flair while still maintaining the late model high tech look. I am going to be running 285/30r20's in the rear also, and keeping the 255/35's in the front. I need a little wider in the rear to correct the trucks tendancy to oversteer in HARD corners. Plus, I really like the way the wider tires look on ZZ4's truck.

Well thats cool, I dont think it's something I would bother doing, I'm not really hell bent on the wider tires in the back though. However, I'll probably be asking you for for info on the brake upgrades down the road, I'd love to put 3.73 gears in it too, dunno if that is just something I buy and put in the pumpkin or what.

P.S. when you get a chance could you show me which Transpack you bought, at summit or a part number or something. I went there looking, and there a shit ton of them, dont know if there is much difference between them.
    Last edited by Mistersponge; 04-07-2007 at 11:51 PM.
    -Brian
    02 Blazer Xtreme
    57 Chevy Bel Air

Cool. The gear is something you can buy separately. I just got mine out of another truck at the salvage yard. Look for RPO code GT4 on the sticker in the glovebox. You probably have a GU6 (3.42) from the factory. The brake swap is fairly straighforward. You do have to fabricate a simple bracket for the e-brake cable to work, but no big deal.

on the shift kit, search for...

B&M: BMM-70365

or

Transgo: TRG-4l60E

...at summit.

I hear that the Transgo kit is better from everybody else, but it is twice the cost, and I am happy with the performance from the B&M.

So I finally have a tracking number, wheels and tires will be here friday! woot. Dont buy shit from So Cal, who buys shit from Daytona Beach, who buys shit from Phoenix, because it will take a month to get your shit :)
    -Brian
    02 Blazer Xtreme
    57 Chevy Bel Air

Sneak Peak on mine.....I got them today.

Sneak peak X2
    -Brian
    02 Blazer Xtreme
    57 Chevy Bel Air

HELL YEAH!! Those will look hot! You need a cardomain page if you don't already have one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-uhuwZFpJc

Last night with the old xtremes on it so I had to make it good, sorry its dark out. . . and give me tips, that was my first burnout.
    Last edited by Mistersponge; 04-20-2007 at 10:14 PM.
    -Brian
    02 Blazer Xtreme
    57 Chevy Bel Air

Looked good. Manually shift it down to first and hold it there until you get it wrapped up pretty good, then let off the brake and let her fly. If you leave it in drive (or worse, OD) then it will short shift to second, then back to first, and so on...