Thread: plans for bagging my 4wd!

damn low dragging 4x4

plans for bagging my 4wd!

so i plan to bag the front of my 4wd as soon as this snow dissapears. Plans are 2500lb bags and removed cv shafts. Here are my home made bag mounts, they are your basic torsion bar bag mounts except made to fit. Also here are my home made tubular control arms. These arms have a re-angled ball joint mounting area to place less stress on the ball joints as well as not have as extreme of an angle to prevent binding when aired out. Let me know what you think!

president: Lower Level Customs car and truck club
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/locoblazer269
    90 BLAZER 4.3 4x4 dropped 7" fully shaved with full size chevy tails, 98 Honda accord ground effect, 2 inch cowl hood, truxarossa grill and mirrors, metal flake and yellow flamed paint job, molded wing, too much to list( back under construction! new front end to come... out with the fiberglass back with the metal!)
    87 blazer: 2wd under construction

looks good, but do you think a butt joint weld from the bar to the balljoint plates is strong enough?

93 Blazer 4x4 - 5.5/5, shaved For Sale
    95 S10 2wd - laying 20's with TB front end
    03 Blazer ZR2- stock and daily'd

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    Originally posted by Flim-jIM
    looks good, but do you think a butt joint weld from the bar to the balljoint plates is strong enough?
    x2, i would be very concerned about that. I know the tubular controls i build for 4x4's the the ball joint plate is slotted in order to slide in to the tube.
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

damn low dragging 4x4
    ya it should work out fine. this is the second set made and no probs with the first set. the weld is a clean THICK weld. however in the future i like the idea you had about cutting a notch in the arm for the plate and welding it that way. thanks for the idea:bigthumb:
    90 BLAZER 4.3 4x4 dropped 7" fully shaved with full size chevy tails, 98 Honda accord ground effect, 2 inch cowl hood, truxarossa grill and mirrors, metal flake and yellow flamed paint job, molded wing, too much to list( back under construction! new front end to come... out with the fiberglass back with the metal!)

yea you end up with alot stronger weld and greater amount of surface to weld.

also did you think about altering your suspension geometery in order to bring your wheels in some and get rid of excess camber

Originally posted by 98low4x4blazer
    yea you end up with alot stronger weld and greater amount of surface to weld.

also did you think about altering your suspension geometery in order to bring your wheels in some and get rid of excess camber
    that would be a good idea to maybe remember for the future. make it better on your tires when you want to ride low.
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd

Originally posted by Tukin15sLike20s
    that would be a good idea to maybe remember for the future. make it better on your tires when you want to ride low.
    thats what i didnt mine, i completely redesigned it so ride hieght was where i wanted it. it makes it a hell of alot easier for alinement

any pics of these set up on a truck? im curious to see how the upper bag plate and the upper control arm have in terms of clearance

93 Blazer 4x4 - 5.5/5, shaved For Sale
    95 S10 2wd - laying 20's with TB front end
    03 Blazer ZR2- stock and daily'd

damn low dragging 4x4
    im not entirely worried about alighnment, its not a daily driver anymore and sees the road maybe 2-3 times a month. Although the alighnment should be fairly well.

no pics of them installed yet. Plans are for spring and any mods needed during the bagging process will be made.