Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: help with beltech 4x4 kit

I don't know the off set but i don't have a problem turning now.
    Are you saying it will rub on the fenders or on the inside of the wheel?

when turning on the inside of the wheel and when hitting bumps on the fenderwell

you will be fine. i lowered my 4x4 5 inches. right now i have my stock tires because i blew out an 18 and they dont rub at all. they are 235/75/15s. i think you would be fine with 20s also if its only lowered 3". the offset for a stock rim for 95 and up i know is 6". my 18s are only 5.5 offset and they are fine. hope that helps
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/i3owdown

Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.asp?profileid=11002

.:bowdown:

Yeah thanks i was getting worried!! I can't really aford a new set of rubber for my 20's every year!

Ah i noticed you have a 95. will the wheel wells be different sizes cause mine is a 93!!

i would imagine they are the same but i dont really know.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/i3owdown

Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.asp?profileid=11002

.:bowdown:

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    Originally posted by flesh
    just take out the fenderwell.
    That's not the problem. It's the outer wheel openings that it's gonna hit. Those rims stick out prtetty far if they are 20"x8 1/2" and only have 5 1/2" backspacing. That should mean about 3" of rim stick out past the edge of the fender if you look at it with the black plastic well arches (if you have them on yours)? It's only like 1" on the rear if they are all the same offset and no spacers or adapters out back.

The best bet to tuck is to make some "pre-runner" style fenders similar to a Sidekick. Just get some aftermarket fenders ($40.00 each) and heat stretch them out to flared. Another, more expensive but I think better option: www.up22.com U.S.Parts Unlimmited sells fiberglass fenders (over $100.00 each). It would be easier to cut the wheel opening right out of those, lay the fender flat on a table, place the opening a bit higher up in the fender (2") and farther out (3") by stacking something (boards) under it on the table. Now just use matting and resin to get it back together and whallah: A "pre-runner" fender

While you have the opening out I'd make a quick styrofoam and clay mold of it so you can make "phantom dually" fares for the rear to finish off the look. This is something I plan to do myself eventually, but any one else is welcome to try it first. Let me know how it goes Ha ha!
    Last edited by C-Town216; 09-09-2002 at 02:54 PM.
    "All I need iz 1 mic"

Duh

Wink

that sounds real easy...sure

some one try cutting out the inner side of the fender (not the fender wells) and wedging a baseball bat in between the bottom of the fender and the tire and then back up so the bat rolls out the fender. ive seen it done on imports with much wider aftermarket rims manytimes, might wanna try it out on some junkyard fenders first but it would give you a nice 2 inches of wheel clearance can be done easily on the back as well I THINK...

Wait you guys are talking about knocking the inside of the fenders off! Is that when you think the most rub will be? What about the fender wells they wont come down and hit the wheel?

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    Yeah! You see, the biggest problem with dropping 4X4's is that the rear axel is 4" longer than a 2WD and the front is 4" wider than that. So a rim that would tuck on a 2WD would need 4 more inches of backspacing to fit the same on the front of a 4X4 because the mounting surfaces are 8" farther apart than on the 2WD. The rear would need 2 more inches than the rear to come out to be even with the front being so damn wide. Unless you have the ZR2 offroad package. GM finally made the rear axles 4" longer to meet the front on the ZR2. You can use FWD rims all the way around with no spacers on the rear. They will still rub on the outside though if you drop it unless you flare out the fenders. This is exactly why I cut out my wells all the way up to the body line and reattatched the black plastic arches way up there ,with the bottoms cut off at the bottom body roll. I say fuck the tuck, just get it sunk. My rims stick out about 2" all the way around, but there's no gap between the top of the tire and the well, and they don't rub! My frame is about 2 1/2 inches at the front and 3" in the back (slight rake) off the ground, but thats on little wheels (215/55R16). It should be up at around 5-6" of clearance once I mount my 18's.
    "All I need iz 1 mic"

thanks
    4x4 blazer 350 365 hp-700r street/strip conversion,megashifter,sanderson headers,oil pan, mounts, Holley 650, dual plane INTAKE,ACCEL HEI,alum radiator, NEW PAINT CAMILLION BLUE/ SILVER SS STRIPES

So if i just cut a bit out of the wells it will work or will i still have to pound out the inside to get my wheels to fit?

You CAN fit 20's on your 4x4. I have it done and lowerd 4 inches. I have 20x8's and it does rub on the fender lip if you hit a big bump. if you were only going down 3 inches you will probably never touch the fender. Your only problem is backspacing. My 20's have 6.625" of backspacing and they still stick out less than a half inch. 7" would be ideal. Anything less will stick out. If you want to see what mine looked like when they screwed up and sent 4.5"BS wheels email me and you will be able to judge how far out they will sit with the backspacing of your choice (btw 4.5" on a 4x4 makes the edge of the tire sit EXACTLY 3.5 inches outside the fender lip).

sweet thats just the news i been waiten for and i'll email you cause i wana see that stuff.