Thread: npt to an adapters

npt to an adapters

I did a search and didnt find what I was looking for.

I'm pring out running steel braided -8 hose for my truck. The only place I found for an-npt adapters was JEGS. Anyone know anyplace cheaper for them?

I found a site that has NPT to JOC adapters for like .55 ea, but I have no clue what a JIC fitting is.

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    summit, but that shits not cheap. I am doing my entire setup in stainless steel hard line with stainless braided leads to the bags. I bet i have 1k in fittings and line and still need more
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

I have a hell of a hook-up on the lines and AN fittings (free) thats the only reason I am looking into it. All I have to do is call up a friend with the lengths of the lines and if they have it he will make the lines for me.

Originally posted by banginjimmy
    I have a hell of a hook-up on the lines and AN fittings (free) thats the only reason I am looking into it. All I have to do is call up a friend with the lengths of the lines and if they have it he will make the lines for me.
    i hate you, jk. thats sweet man

Originally posted by 98low4x4blazer
    i hate you, jk. thats sweet man

I dont blame you after seeing how much you have spent.

i just thought of something, my buddy got fittings fairly cheap from a hydrulic/punamtic place but they where all like raw steel, i think. I will try to figure out what the name of the place is.

JIC and AN are the same thread size and sealing angle (37 degrees). So they are interchangeable. Typically you will see fittings advertised as AN to be aluminum, and fittings advertise as JIC will be steel. True AN fittings are fittings that meet a military spec ( AN is Army-Navy).
    And as a side note, the flare fittings you see at hardware stores ( for those of you that shop for auto parts at home depot :) ) are different. the sealing angle on those is 45 degrees ( called sae flare ). Putting the two together is possible with most sizes (-6 is an exception, threads are different size.) but they do not seal right because of the two different angles.
    Larry
    www.innovativeairsuspension.com
    AirRide, KP, MIC, SMC, Parker, Viair... I sell all the good stuff.

Originally posted by IRSd_mini
    JIC and AN are the same thread size and sealing angle (37 degrees). So they are interchangeable. Typically you will see fittings advertised as AN to be aluminum, and fittings advertise as JIC will be steel. True AN fittings are fittings that meet a military spec ( AN is Army-Navy).
    And as a side note, the flare fittings you see at hardware stores ( for those of you that shop for auto parts at home depot :) ) are different. the sealing angle on those is 45 degrees ( called sae flare ). Putting the two together is possible with most sizes (-6 is an exception, threads are different size.) but they do not seal right because of the two different angles.
    x2

napa and farm supplie carry steel versions.

I'll compare # of fittings with anyone.

http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/attac...&postid=469884

I knew the taper was the same angle and the threads were the same, but that doesnt always mean they will seal correctly. Like I said, I found a place online that had the JIC fittings for like .55 each so I will try those and see how it works. Even if they dont work, I can get all the fittings I would need for like $25 shipped.