Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some questions

Question Some questions

Debating rear end setups and have some questions for a 91-94 4 door.

I'm not looking to lay frame. I'm not looking to cut the floor for a step notch either.

I'd like to run a bolt on C notch. I was thinking air over leaf, the questions with this are:

Does anyone make just the brackets?
    If so, how much lift would I get with an re6?

I've read, more then once, that mono's are bad. Does anyone make a decent lowered leaf pack? If so I'd probably get that and, maybe, some blocks.

I've looked at the SD 3-link kit and, for now, it might be out of the budget. I know this would be a better option (4-link being best) and I'd consider it if I had the money to spend and I could actually wouldn't be waisting my time since I'm only planning a c-notch.

So, can you get decent lift out of an air-over-leaf system if you have the right bags? Does someone sell just the brackets?

Would a behind the axle mount (with the same lowering, leafs and blocks) give decent lift?

Also, would the amount of lift from either bind up the pinion bearing to the point of causing quick damage?
    -Tom

About 6 inches of lift without being 2,3,4,5,6 link
    Just a guess.

innovative air suspension makes a 4link kit for a 1st gen. Out of the box you shouldnt have to do any real cutting except for a mini-notch.

the amount of lift you get from the bag depends on how it is mounted. You get more lift from say, bags on the bars, than you do with behind and under brackets.

Smile

I'm trying to stay away from the cut/wield stuff as much as I can. I've not done any yet and buying a wielder isn't in my budget.

I was looking at SD's bolt on 3 link but I'll probably have to wait until later and upgrade.

The size of the bag is, with slam specialties, is the number at the end, right (6, 7, etc)?

So if I had an air over leaf system and I bolted up a 7, how much lift am I going to lose because the mounts are so far apart and the bag doesn't compress all the way at full drop?

And, if I don't cut for a notch, I'm assuming there won't be enough space over the axle (with a C notch) to use an over-axle mount kit so I'd probably need to go with a behind the axle (I'm assuming because it's lower mounting tab would be wielded on higher then the under it this would translate to more lift).

I've got some people who can do some wielding but I'd rather not lean on them more then I need to. Also, I'm not trying to lay frame.

Right now I was thinking c-notch and air over leaf, but if I'm only going to get 3 or 4 inches of lift out of a 7 inche bag I'd probably go ahead and have the tabs wielded on for a behind the axle mount.

Will I see much difference between these two?

Also, later on I'll probably run the SD bolt on 3-link. Will I be able to get decent movement out of this with just the c-notch (again, not trying to lay it out. :) )?

Thanks!
    -Tom

about the only thing you will be able to use from the SD 3 link is the deff bracket. Everything else will have to be modded to work on a blazer.

Air Ride Technologies sells the air over leaf brackets seperately. But you are not going to fit a 6 or 7" diameter bag on top of the leaf spring, and not have it hit the tire. The 3.5" diameter bags they use are about as big as you can fit. And depending on wheel backspace, they might be to tight too.
    The four link we sell is for a 2 door 1st gen, and requires welding.
    Larry
    www.innovativeairsuspension.com
    AirRide, KP, MIC, SMC, Parker, Viair... I sell all the good stuff.

i have air over leaf now from art

there is not enough room for anything larger than the bags that come with the kit.

if i were to do this setup again i would go with a kit simlear to this
    http://www.suicidedoors.com/BehindAx...altiesRE-8.php

The point is the pivot point is what gives you the travel, just run air shocks on the back til you have enough money to get what you want.

Question

Originally posted by jon blaze
    i have air over leaf now from art

there is not enough room for anything larger than the bags that come with the kit.

if i were to do this setup again i would go with a kit simlear to this
    http://www.suicidedoors.com/BehindAx...altiesRE-8.php
    So, if I were to run a setup like this, would I be able to get the desired lift?
    -Tom

Question

Originally posted by dexter544
    The point is the pivot point is what gives you the travel, just run air shocks on the back til you have enough money to get what you want.
    Part of why I'm asking is I'm not sure, yet, exactly what I want.

I know I don't want to cut the floor and I'm not looking to lay out.

I've already got the front designed, and parts selected, but I'm not sure about the back.

I'm leaning away from bag-over-leaf now. If I go with the above mentioned behind axle mount, can a get a decent amount of lift? How much lift am I going to lose because it's fighting the leaf springs?

I didn't realize the bolt on 3-link wouldn't work with the blazer, so that puts me back in the looking for a similar solution. As I said, I'd like to stay away from chopping up the floor. So, if I'm not sure if a 4-link wouldn't end up being a waste as I'd never use it to it's fullest.
    -Tom

Not much lift because your using the bag only for lift,When you have a link you get articulation meaning like a see saw.

The best think for you to do is go with a 2 link , check out silver star customs.

Question

So use one of these with a c-notch instead of a step notch?
    -Tom

I would but I just thought about it the bag plates have to be welded,Just about anything you get is going to need some welding if you was closer to me (Lilburn GA) Me and my friends could help you out with the welding though.

You'll still can use the bolt on notch from suicide instead of cutting your floor,Me and my friends built my 2 link