Thread: How much force can an Airlift bag take?

How much force can an Airlift bag take?

So my stupid ass used Loctite 2701 threadlocker instead of the loctite 545 on a few fittings. the bottles are identical so no wonder i got em confused

Anyway, on some of the fittings I just used my torch but i dont know what to do with the one attached to one of the bags. I used a breaker bar on a wrench and put my body weight on it and it won't come off. I'm afraid of trashing the insert and ruining the bag. Is there a solvent for red threadlocker I can try to use?

I heard those airlift bags are notorious to stripping out the insert too. Id say some kind of solvent beofre you try to pull it with a shitload of force.
    Jake

Typhoon:boink:
    Originally posted by lowblazin94
    Plus they can't arrest you or get a DUI while you have a boner.

Originally posted by HaVoC
    I heard those airlift bags are notorious to stripping out the insert too. Id say some kind of solvent beofre you try to pull it with a shitload of force.
    I think any solvent that will eat the loctite may harm the bag. you might try to freeze the bag and then try loosening it, you might be able to make the loctite brittle and it may come free
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd

yah bro, don't try reefing on her, that'll yank those threads right out.

maybe call loctite and see what they would suggest
    RUN WITH SIZZORS!!!, I DO!!!

94 sonoma ext cab daily

86 blaze 2 dr 2wd ... v8 and layd on 18's

"There are all sorts of myths about how to remove fasteners held by thread-locking adhesives. Here's what it says on Loctite's own website:

The application of heat is needed to remove a fastener that can't be removed with a hand tool. Temperatures of 325F and above is needed to break down a standard [thread locking adhesive], 500F for high temperature [thread locking adhesives]. A heat gun or propane torch is commonly used to do this process, and careful disassembly should occur while parts are still hot. Once apart, and cooled, use methylene chloride (Chisel #79040) to remove cured excess material. Always wipe down the fasteners with clean up solvent to remove the wax film that Chisel #79040 leaves on the surface.

(350F = 177C and 500F = 260C.)

Chisel #79040 is a solvent product that Loctite sells specifically for removing their thread locking adhesives. It's a somewhat hazardous material and I've never seen it offered for retail, consumer sales. Methylene chloride, the major active ingredient in Chisel #79040, is available for retail purchase at automotive supply, painting, and home center stores. It's a nasty solvent chemical, so be careful using it. Follow all the labeled cautions and directions. Wear eye protection that completely seals around your eyes; common glasses aren't good enough because the chemical and splash around the sides and this stuff can permanently blind you if it gets in your eyes; please take no chances on this (my website is not yet available in Braille). Wear gloves. And work outdoors or in some other well-ventilated area. Be especially careful with methylene chloride on any balisong that has exotic insert materials or that has painted or coated handles. Even blade coatings could be attacked by this stuff. Methylene chloride is a nasty, powerful solvent; please be very careful with it."

Found this on one of my knife pages, it may work for you.

Oh and this on Loctite FAQ

How can I remove Loctite Threadlockers?

Blue: Can be removed with hand tools
    Red: Apply heat to remove
    Green: Apply heat to remove
    Otter fan club CEO

Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    dont worry i like them black too. :omg:
    "A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."
    Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

I took a torch to the damn thing and worked fast to get it out. I just pointed the flame away from the bag at the fitting and just got it out on the third try. that was close. Never again

Originally posted by s10blaza
    I took a torch to the damn thing and worked fast to get it out. I just pointed the flame away from the bag at the fitting and just got it out on the third try. that was close. Never again
    well you are welcome!;)
    Otter fan club CEO

Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    dont worry i like them black too. :omg:
    "A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."
    Francis Bacon (1561-1626)