Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: and they said a 3 link wouldnt work

and they said a 3 link wouldnt work

Going on this...

Big shout out to LaynBodyS-10 for building this for me. Any ?'s post them up, pretty sure he can answer them and as I will do my best also.

i was gonna go with a reverse now iam going with the three link after talking to him on s10forum.

any more pics? and did u order everything as it comes in the sd s10 kit or did u get shorter/longer bars?

hey check this out, when i used the s10 link for the rear this is where i found problems. The one point on the wishbone, if mounted too low will rub on the driveshaft. So check that out. Second, the gas tank crossmember i would reinforce because it is less that 1/8 inch thick. Next, look where it sits on the differential, i ran into a spot ont the diff where it became stuck on, where i circled. Let me no what happened with you. I had a new one made up for me that fits good and has good clearance all around. The one other thing is if you keep the 4 dr tank, you will basically drag thru it, i have to do the 2dr tank so i dont drag. Let me know how it works for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

everythings like it would be on the s10, only thing that wasnt used was the raised gas tank member and all i did was make a mount off the stock mount for the wishbone to bolt too

Originally posted by simply2low4u
    hey check this out, when i used the s10 link for the rear this is where i found problems. The one point on the wishbone, if mounted too low will rub on the driveshaft. So check that out. Second, the gas tank crossmember i would reinforce because it is less that 1/8 inch thick. Next, look where it sits on the differential, i ran into a spot ont the diff where it became stuck on, where i circled. Let me no what happened with you. I had a new one made up for me that fits good and has good clearance all around. The one other thing is if you keep the 4 dr tank, you will basically drag thru it, i have to do the 2dr tank so i dont drag. Let me know how it works for you.
    yeah i know what ur saying but everything has plenty of clearence, had to tell with the camra phone but oh well..the stock crossmember has been gusted for extra strength. and its running a 2 door gas tank cause this 4 doors gettn dehumped

i took my gas tank off today and iam going saturady to get a 2 dr tank, iam going to order the kit from jason but probly the bolt on and make a new cross member for the wishbone and get rid of the old gas tank member oneand build a new floor and custom back seats. what did u do for back seats?

using the stock seats arent going to be a problem in my case, everything going back in the way it was except for a lil raised section where the diff. brackets comes up and the notches

what size rims is it running? u think ill have to modify alot more with the bolt on kit then weld on? is that behind the axle ur running?

hes running a 18 but u shouldnt have to do to much work with the bolt on it..i feel better about the weld on kits though, thats just my prefrence though

i would get the weld on but i only have a lincoln wed pack 100, i dont even want to weld my notches with that but i have no choice just going to make sure it penetrates. with 22's u think i can use my stock seat?

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    is that first pic with the three link in? if not are you laying frame?
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

Originally posted by 98low4x4blazer
    is that first pic with the three link in? if not are you laying frame?
    Yeah thats the first pic with the 3 link in. And yes it will be layin frame. A "dehumped" frame at that.