Thread: my time for a V8 is comming

my time for a V8 is comming

i'm developing a tap when cold. antway i got a 93 2door 4wd with CPI. putting in a 350 i can do, it's the wireing i'm concerned with. i'd like to keep it fuel injected as i have a freshly rebuilt 4l60e. so what do i have to do to swap the CPI wireing to use either a TBI, TPI or MPFI?
    Quote Originally Posted by 01xtreme View Post
    necrophilia...the irresistible urge to crack open a cold one.
    Exhaust Tone

Banned
    i always though it was kinda weird how when the 4.3 5.0 5.7 always shared everything but the 4.3 was the only one that had the cpi injection for a few years...

I'd go with a multiport setup....which will require a new computer and wiring harness.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Originally posted by Superbee
    i always though it was kinda weird how when the 4.3 5.0 5.7 always shared everything but the 4.3 was the only one that had the cpi injection for a few years...

I'd go with a multiport setup....which will require a new computer and wiring harness.
    well the 4.3 cpi is the v6 version of a tpi setup, long runner style good low end torque kinda thing

anyhoo you cold go tpi that would allow you to keep your fuel injection and have something better then tbi, granted there is nothing wrong with it but mpfi is an upgrade

Banned
    well, tpi IS multiport, so everything wiring wise would have to change correct?

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

pretty much anyway i go i will need to replace the comp and harness? well if that is the case then i'd like to go TPI for the torque. what are the TPI engines used most in?
    Quote Originally Posted by 01xtreme View Post
    necrophilia...the irresistible urge to crack open a cold one.
    Exhaust Tone

Banned
    3rd gen f-bodys. They do have some drawbacks, i cant remember now what they were. but it should be a decent running street truck.

3rd gen f-bodys. They do have some drawbacks, i cant remember now what they were. but it should be a decent running street truck.
    tpi's suck balls for top end power due to the long runner design

Banned
    Originally posted by tippmann243
    tpi's suck balls for top end power due to the long runner design

Idk if id go as far as to say they suck balls.

Idk if id go as far as to say they suck balls.
    try and rev a tpi 350 out past 4200 rpm and tell me they dont suck balls

tpi 305's arent as bad seeing as how the tpi was made for a 305 motor. but when you start moving the air for a 350 the motor chokes for air