Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sub Box

Originally posted by 92Jimmy
    Okay, I'm still lost..... I guess the Type X's are the way to go then? I really don't want to spend more than 500 on subs. I am going with the 3/4 MDF and I am going to double face it so it'll be strong (I read the buildup on the 300C on here with the 15's) and it gave me a bunch of info. I want it to be a good sounding system but, at the same time be able to put out some kickass SPL numbers. Now that I have the sub I want, what kind of wiring and amps should I run???? This is where I get lost. I understand bridging, mono channel, 2channels, 4,5,and 6 channels but, other than that I don't know jack squat.... Can you guys show me what are my best options? I've had some experience with American Pro 800W and Crunch 1000W but, those were all friend's amps/systems. They all tend to hit hard but, were never really loud... They just hit.... Thanks guys. -Josh
    Go with the type R's. Trust me, you wont be "settling" with them. They are great subs, and for everyday listening your not going to notice enough of a difference to spend the extra $$$ on the X's. Unless you have the money to burn. As crux131 said above your not going to get any "tighter" bass with 10"s. If you want to save some space then go with them. As for an amp, it all depends on how much you want to spend on that as well. Something like an Orion 2500D, Hifonics 2006D, etc. Don't bother with the 2 you mentioned above. Then you can get a 4ch amp for the rest of your mids/highs
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

you can have my box if you come and get it:bigthumb:

check us out at www.oaktowntrucks.com

I'll second the type R's. I've read that the type X's are very power hungry, and need alot of wattage to get good output out of them. I've heard plety of typeR systems that bring the wang.

So if I run the Type R's I won't have to run a shitload of power to the to make them sound decent? Yes they will be for every day use but, I also want to have the best in my town (400people). If I went with the R's and ran 3 of them how many amps do I need to run and what would be the best to play with? I want 130's to 140's SPL if possible with these. Am I asking too much?
    85' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.8L*Sold*
    88' S-10 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.5L *Sold*
    88' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD R Code 2.8L *Daily Project*
    89' Jimmy 2dr 2WD Z Code 4.3L TBI *Parts Truck*
    92' Jimmy 4Dr 2WD W Code 4.3L Vortec *Sold*

Quote Originally Posted by FeTTo View Post
    please tell me you just took your stupid pill before posting that :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You would probably do better just to run 2 12"s in a ported box rather than 3. Get an amp that'll do about 1000-1500w @ 1ohm. Running 3 subs gets you an odd ohms load. Not that it's a bad thing, although some amps dont like that, it is easier to run/wire to a solid ohm such as 1,2,4ohms. I've seem 2 12"s take 1000rms daily each with no problems. Giving them 500-700w each would be a sweet spot, and in the right box, would sound real good. :cool:
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

From what I understand the Type X was more of an SQ sub. I may be wrong, but I could have sworn I heard that. I have only heard one car with type X's, he had a wall 4-12's and I was not really that impressed. I think for the money you cant really beat Type-r's...if you want to stick with an alpine sub that is. for the money you would spend on 2 type X's you could have 4 type r's. I still say go for the type R's. and I dont think 140's are out of the question with 2-12" type-R's in a properly built ported enclosure, and a nice amp pushing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjsp View Post
    LOL Tell Ford Doctors that they are negative pressure .... aka they suck.

I'm 20 beers deep right nwo and liek I said erlier the 2 R's are your best bet. Fuck the X's they are over priced, if I was gonna spend that kinda cash on subs I'd be rockin FI Q's https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraud...dex.shopscript
    A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

'94 Bravada
    '67 Chevelle
    '73 Chevelle

I want 130's to 140's SPL if possible with these. Am I asking too much?
    we did a 146.7 if im not mistaken with 2 type R's and 2 Orion 1200D's.
    1 run of 0guage wire. stock alt, stock batt and shitty ass headunit. no testing, just drop and burp a few times. Score came from pass kick panel with all the doors sealed using a TL. This was done about a year ago. so 130-140 is an easy accomplishment. o yeah hit 143/4's with just 1 1200D.

Not that I'm particularly stuck on the Alpines, it's just that I'm running Type R Components in my mom's Grand Prix with some Type S 6x9's in the back with the stock HU and I must say it sounds great. Hence the reason for wanting to run Alpine but, if you guys would rather suggest something in the same price range yet a better sub be my guest. I would rather pay 10-20 bucks more per sub for something better than buying something that may give out on me a few months down the road....
    85' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.8L*Sold*
    88' S-10 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.5L *Sold*
    88' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD R Code 2.8L *Daily Project*
    89' Jimmy 2dr 2WD Z Code 4.3L TBI *Parts Truck*
    92' Jimmy 4Dr 2WD W Code 4.3L Vortec *Sold*

Quote Originally Posted by FeTTo View Post
    please tell me you just took your stupid pill before posting that :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Not that I'm particularly stuck on the Alpines, it's just that I'm running Type R Components in my mom's Grand Prix with some Type S 6x9's in the back with the stock HU and I must say it sounds great. Hence the reason for wanting to run Alpine but, if you guys would rather suggest something in the same price range yet a better sub be my guest. I would rather pay 10-20 bucks more per sub for something better than buying something that may give out on me a few months down the road....
    I don't want to "suggest" these, rather have you take a look at what they have. mach5audio.com They have a forum on soundsolutionsaudio.com , and there are plenty hitting good numbers and prasing thier sound quality at the same time. There is a guy there in the 140dB range with 2 18's (albeit a very big box) sealed. He's attempting to hit 150 sealed. To Louisville, I was quoted $204 and change for two 15's, not bad at all; expecialy when considering the reviews that they get.

Quote Originally Posted by winditup57 View Post
    That is the same amp I bought to power my 10" solar panel. I havent installed it yet but it looks like a nice amp on paper...lol

And I will agree with alowerlevel :bigthumb
    :
    Hello friend I know thread is bit old but I am looking for solar barics amp for a while..Can you give short and useful review on the amp? Waiting for reply thanks in advance:)
    Last edited by EvelynDavis; 10-28-2013 at 11:13 AM.