Thread: v8 tranny

CAPSLOCK CRUISE CONTROL n0toriousd0a's Avatar

v8 tranny

so were putting a 400HP 383 in my s10 i bough a few months back and i was wondering what kind of manual transmission is best to use for this type of power (were planning on putting nitrious eventualy so its going to be around 600HP)

its hard as hell to find a t-56 so is there any other options out there

for that amount of power, its t-56 or bust. Either that, or have something custom built. But a 383 is a torque pig so you are going to need something stronger than a world class t-5 or a nv3500
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

what about a 350 with that kind of power (400 hp)

You are still going to have alot of torque. You need the beefy tranny

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

t56 is the only one rated to handle that kind of torque. the nv3500 is only rated to 260lb feet and i believe the world class t5 is rated to 290. where as certain year t56's are rated at 450 torque

and dont tell me they are hard to find, you just arent looking in the right places.

they are on ebay all the time there are a couple on ls1 tech

plus check local f body forums. thats where i scored mine from

what about a muncie 4 speed like a m21 or a m22 would they fit?

Originally posted by mandrews
    what about a muncie 4 speed like a m21 or a m22 would they fit?

What do you mean will it fit? If it is a GM V8 bellhousing, then yes it will fit.

But you aren't going to find an m21 or m22 cheap.

Listen, I'm having a bad day at work, and you are getting the brunt of it. GET A FUCKING T56. It's cheaper than a fucking Muncie, its got better gears for better driving, and taking a fucking muncie away from a muscle car, where it belongs, is fucking blasphemy.

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    What do you mean will it fit? If it is a GM V8 bellhousing, then yes it will fit.

But you aren't going to find an m21 or m22 cheap.

Listen, I'm having a bad day at work, and you are getting the brunt of it. GET A FUCKING T56. It's cheaper than a fucking Muncie, its got better gears for better driving, and taking a fucking muncie away from a muscle car, where it belongs, is fucking blasphemy.
    hey it's cool i've had really bad days at work too but i'm happy with my th350 but i was just making a suggestion on the muncie but i wasn't sure if it would work that is why i was asking and every one i have seen on ebay is comparible to a t56 in price

Originally posted by mandrews
    hey it's cool i've had really bad days at work too but i'm happy with my th350 but i was just making a suggestion on the muncie but i wasn't sure if it would work that is why i was asking and every one i have seen on ebay is comparible to a t56 in price
    find a local f body site, you can get a used low milage tranny for WAYYYY cheeper

mine olny has 35,000 and i got a decent deal on it

got any sites?