Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1.6 roller rockers

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    I'm actually a bit suprised that the rockers don't hit those valve covers. Normally you need to run 'tall' valve covers with roller rockers.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    hehe idk about the valve covers, but i like the heads painted silver, makes them look like aluminum's from a distance.
    thanks......the valve covers needed a little paint so i re painted them black, and they looked plain stock so i pinstriped them to make them different....and the heads i got the aluminium heat paint to give them that look of a hot rod.....plus everything under the hood is black and silver....the bolts are black on the silver parts and silver on black parts

Quote Originally Posted by Catching Second
    I'm actually a bit suprised that the rockers don't hit those valve covers. Normally you need to run 'tall' valve covers with roller rockers.
    yeah we left one valve cover loose to make sure they didn't hit...crane designed them to work on a completely stock motor so they are all good

now it's time to take her back to the track:D
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

took her back to the track.......i ran 3mph faster and only .1 faster in the 1/4....not bad for just some RRs....i was told that 3mph faster in the 1/4 is about 20-30hp gain
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me