Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wire wheels

Question wire wheels

ok everyone whats up? i bought the other night for cheap a set of 18 inch 100 spoke wire wheels. the guy left them out all winter in weather and has rust on them, how would i be able to safely without scratching remove it from rim? would steel wool work? and after i do get rust off, i have the mothers powerball and the stuff for aluminum wheels. would that work on chrome too?

Blacked out member. Mistersponge's Avatar
    Did you slap him for leaving them out all winter? I would look at getting them re chromed, I dont know if they would ever look as good as they did. I could be wrong. . .
    -Brian
    02 Blazer Xtreme
    57 Chevy Bel Air
    Quote Originally Posted by DbBlazer View Post
    dude what do u think a trubo is? it is just a fan

Originally posted by Mistersponge
    Did you slap him for leaving them out all winter? I would look at getting them re chromed, I dont know if they would ever look as good as they did. I could be wrong. . .

actually thats a shitty pic, thats from my cam phone, i gotta better one.

Originally posted by Mistersponge
    it would cost nearly as much if not more to have them re chromed then to just buy new ones.
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd

Blacked out member. Mistersponge's Avatar
    Thats what I figured
    -Brian
    02 Blazer Xtreme
    57 Chevy Bel Air
    Quote Originally Posted by DbBlazer View Post
    dude what do u think a trubo is? it is just a fan

they were 100$

well damn, for a 100 bucks with tires, thats a deal. grab a box of brillo pads and clean them the best you can.

Originally posted by bigsjr420
    well damn, for a 100 bucks with tires, thats a deal. grab a box of brillo pads and clean them the best you can.
    steel wool right? its late and i feel dumb, whats brillo pad lol. all i need is one tire, but im gonna get a used one from a tire place. i cant dish out money for a new one, they are 225/40/18. when i drop my truck, they should be fine right? im going 3/4. will steel wool or brillo pad scratch them? also i have mothers powerball with the aluminum stuff, will that work on chrome too?

yea its a fine steel wool with a soap built into it, get it at the grocery store. i guess it would put real fine scratches in it, but i just used them to clean up some old chrome valve covers and they came out fine. they're not gonna be perfect after cleaning off rust anyways.

yea i know i just want to amke them as nice as possible, make it the best 100$ ever lol.

yeah fine steel wool and some eagle one nevr dull to finish it off

Originally posted by s10blaza
    yeah fine steel wool and some eagle one nevr dull to finish it off
    ok sweet, that will start my project for tomorrow then and i need to get a tire for one of the rims

Does anyone remember from the 90's Hashipoor 2000? The spelling might be off, but it was some paste like substance with a bit of a gritty substance in it. They claimed it would remove Iodine from clothes and you could wipe it onto mirrors and it would prevent steaming. Places like Spencer's in the mal sold the stuff "as seen on TV."

Well, anyways; a friend of mine's father worked at Toyota back when we were in middle school. One day he had brought this ast home from work that they used to polish chrome and it would also remove surface rust without damaging the chrome. Used it on our bicycle spokes, and the paste worked great; just wipe it on and rub it out.

Sure as shit, that TV stuff and that paste my boy's father brought home is basicaly the same stuff. Don't know if any of you guys know what I'm refering to, or what it might be sold under today, but there is something out there that will clean those rims up with very little effort.

well i tihnk i know what ur tlaking about, cuz my mom mentioned something we used to use when we had our boat. but i went out and got eagle one nevr dull, shit kicks ass. for 5$ def a good purchase imo. i jsut have problems with spokes now, i am using fine steel wool and then polishing and they are coming along, i will have finished pics by end of week, im gonna use a dremmel with a polishing tip to help me out too.

well their all done 15 hours later lol. stil la lil bit of rust but i cant reach it, so im gonna roll how they are, i dont care. its better than stockies.