Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: wire wheels

Originally posted by stockchevy1983
    well their all done 15 hours later lol. stil la lil bit of rust but i cant reach it, so im gonna roll how they are, i dont care. its better than stockies.

pimp! :bigthumb: i likey

Originally posted by Daniel Carter
    just wipe it on and rub it out.
    yea.. we all know what your talking about....

90s paste... that would be what? pheobe cates? christina applegate?

(pheobe cates was totally :boink: btw)
    Superbee is a Flaming homosexual!
    A firm believer that women are physcotic.

hopefully all goes well getting my used tire and that mounted. all i need to do is some how knock back part of the rim, i think i mgiht used a rag for a buffer, a piece of wood and a hammer and do the best job i can.

now your making me want some wires for my s15, except I'd want bolt on wires, I've heard to many bad stores about the other kind.
    If you can't do your custom work yourself then sell your ride.

these are bolt on, what have u heard?

damn, those came out nice. hell of a deal on them

Originally posted by bigsjr420
    damn, those came out nice. hell of a deal on them

i tell u what though, i would never do that again lol. last time i find a deal like that. my fingers are killing me from the spokes and through the whole process, i was getting little pieces of steel wool stuck in my skin lol. shit hurts. but only parts that have a lil bit of rust is the nipples that shadow the ones on front and around the hub, but i might know someone who can dip them and derust them, but they need to be rechromed so i wont bother probably

these are bolt on, what have u heard?
    I'm talking about bolt on with regular lug nuts, them don't look like they do, can't remember forsure what the rims are called I'm thinking about.

Originally posted by mpeace
    I'm talking about bolt on with regular lug nuts, them don't look like they do, can't remember forsure what the rims are called I'm thinking about.

well all wire wheels blt on same way. they make an adapter that the wheel goes onto and the knockoff of course holds the wheel on.

well all wire wheels blt on same way. they make an adapter that the wheel goes onto and the knockoff of course holds the wheel on.
    not all wires bolt on like that some have regular holes for lug nuts.

Originally posted by mpeace
    not all wires bolt on like that some have regular holes for lug nuts.

oh well mine have the adapter that my lugs nuts tighten onto to hold that one, then the wheel goes on and then the knockoff, then u just hammer it on with a lead hammer, and BAM presto done

oh well mine have the adapter that my lugs nuts tighten onto to hold that one, then the wheel goes on and then the knockoff, then u just hammer it on with a lead hammer, and BAM presto done
    I'm talking about like these.
    Attached Images Attached Images

oh i never seen wires like that before, mine are made by la wire i think, atleast it looks very close to that make.

Does anyone remember from the 90's Hashipoor 2000? The spelling might be off, but it was some paste like substance with a bit of a gritty substance in it. They claimed it would remove Iodine from clothes and you could wipe it onto mirrors and it would prevent steaming. Places like Spencer's in the mal sold the stuff "as seen on TV."

Well, anyways; a friend of mine's father worked at Toyota back when we were in middle school. One day he had brought this ast home from work that they used to polish chrome and it would also remove surface rust without damaging the chrome. Used it on our bicycle spokes, and the paste worked great; just wipe it on and rub it out.

Sure as shit, that TV stuff and that paste my boy's father brought home is basicaly the same stuff. Don't know if any of you guys know what I'm refering to, or what it might be sold under today, but there is something out there that will clean those rims up with very little effort.
    hey man, i dont have that brand but i have some stuff from back in the early 90's late 80's cant remember the brand or name right now, but it is a white chalky substace and you take a wet rag and rub across it... and then just go to work polishing, it works wonders. its good for chrome, brass, mirrors etc.

Originally posted by noob
    hey man, i dont have that brand but i have some stuff from back in the early 90's late 80's cant remember the brand or name right now, but it is a white chalky substace and you take a wet rag and rub across it... and then just go to work polishing, it works wonders. its good for chrome, brass, mirrors etc.
    Did it come in a tube like toothpaste? I'm sure that we are on the same page. Good shit, surprised the stuff isn't still widely sold.

Originally posted by FabianSS357
    90s paste... that would be what? pheobe cates? (pheobe cates was totally :boink: btw)
    I was very young when Fast Times was on HBO, so I don't feel so bad admitting that I've made my buisness with Pheobe Cates. :D

Back in the day, McClean was the big-dog wire wheel company that made bolt-on wires. Dayton was the shiz with the real knockoffs. LA Wire actually made both, coming on later in the wire game. When LA came on, that's when the 100+ spokes started to show up.
    As a side, the "Daytons" that KD stole from that guy at the burger stand in Menace to Society were actually McCleans.
    Last edited by Daniel Carter; 03-22-2007 at 04:45 PM.

Did it come in a tube like toothpaste? I'm sure that we are on the same page. Good shit, surprised the stuff isn't still widely sold.

I was very young when Fast Times was on HBO, so I don't feel so bad admitting that I've made my buisness with Pheobe Cates. :D

Back in the day, McClean was the big-dog wire wheel company that made bolt-on wires. Dayton was the shiz with the real knockoffs. LA Wire actually made both, coming on later in the wire game. When LA came on, that's when the 100+ spokes started to show up.
    As a side, the "Daytons" that KD stole from that guy at the burger stand in Menace to Society were actually McCleans.
    i seen mcCleans before their nice, very stylish, but damn most wire wheels wrapped in vogue tires are just look insanely good. unfortnuately my rims arent lol. i priced some 18 in tires from vogue and it came to 1200$