Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: wire wheels

Originally posted by stockchevy1983
    i seen mcCleans before their nice, very stylish, but damn most wire wheels wrapped in vogue tires are just look insanely good. unfortnuately my rims arent lol. i priced some 18 in tires from vogue and it came to 1200$
    Yeah, Vogues are high. BF Goodrich sells, or used to, a tire that has a gold stripe like the Vogues. Wherever Vogue puts the gold sripe, either outside of the whitewall or inside, the BFG's gold stripe is in the opposite position. That, and the whitewall doesn't have any patterns in it like the Vogue tire. They were called Gold Stripe or some shit like that.

Edit:
    Scratch that. After Googling around, I realized that I was talking about the Uniroyal Royal Seal tire. They are not made anymore.:(
    Last edited by Daniel Carter; 03-23-2007 at 04:51 PM.

damn that sucks, if i had the money vogues would be the way, but its jsut too much out of my range. right now my tires are mixed match, but next year ill roll 15x7's and i just prob get mediocre white walls, the thin white wall, not huge ones

ok well i got my used tire yesterday. 45$ for a 225/40zr18 by nitto. not bad. everything shoudl be installed on my truck tomorrow. gotta get wheels balanced before they go on

if you dont beat that knock off on it will come off as soon as you hit a pot hole!!!! my homies bagged shortbed chevy has 20 on it, the piece that holds the rim on came off then the rim came off and smashed his driver side fender not including messing up the rotor

Originally posted by blazerblast
    if you dont beat that knock off on it will come off as soon as you hit a pot hole!!!! my homies bagged shortbed chevy has 20 on it, the piece that holds the rim on came off then the rim came off and smashed his driver side fender not including messing up the rotor
    i know man, ive had wires before, i had wires on my cadillac when i had it and i also has some 14's like 3 years ago for my truck. i used loctite on the spinner for those reasons

he must have been driving backwards pretty fast then because the way knockoffs spin on are done so that they stay tight when moving forward just like in indy car racing...
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd

Originally posted by Tukin15sLike20s
    he must have been driving backwards pretty fast then because the way knockoffs spin on are done so that they stay tight when moving forward just like in indy car racing...

well thats why there are 2 different kinds of adapters, one for right side of vehicle and one for left side

Slow Ride
    naval jelly works good for removing rust too.

Originally posted by Slow Ride
    naval jelly works good for removing rust too.

yea i know too late though rims are already clean. funny thing too cuz i am cleaning and organizing my garage and i found it, just didnt know where it was. well future reference i do now lol

ok rims are on

the rims look good on it. just need to close up some of the wheel well.

Originally posted by bigsjr420
    the rims look good on it. just need to close up some of the wheel well.

ya i know lol. well going from stock wheels to these. the whole truck dropped about 1 1/4 inches so thats not too bad, im gonna be doing a 3/2 which is level on my truck, cuz last year i was 4/3 and it sat level. truck is odd. but it will look good

so what came off? the knockoff or the adapter plate?

and i agree with tukin... the knockoffs are made to spin opposite of the traveling motion. that means that the wheel would get tighter as you drive forward.

but then again anyone can screw somthing up.

you guys remember the thread where the guy was talking about his buddies 22s falling off, and that dimes werent made to have that big of a wheel and blah blah blah :rofl: :rofl:

Oh and i like the wires on there. not too many dimes rolling spokes these days.

i like it :bigthumb:
    Superbee is a Flaming homosexual!
    A firm believer that women are physcotic.

Originally posted by FabianSS357
    so what came off? the knockoff or the adapter plate?

Oh and i like the wires on there. not too many dimes rolling spokes these days.

i like it :bigthumb:
    thanks, no alot of people give thumbs up for wires. i like em, no one around me has em

well im trading my 18;s tomorrow for some 14 inch players 100 spoke. one just needs a tire. plus 150$ towards me.