Thread: '91 4.3V6... problems...

'91 4.3V6... problems...

ok this is probably something very stupid... but I'm going to admit that I dont know my blazer's engine too well...the look of the body is what I kinda know, but engines aren't my thing yet... So I dont know if something is a big bad thing, or a small bad thing...

Blazer turned 119,000 today, and I noticed something recently... The blazer seems to try and kill itself when I first start it up... it didnt do this a few months ago... It only happens until the engine temp gets to around 120-130 degrees, then the engine runs like a champ... the blazer seems to wanna stall out, and it drives like shit until the engine reaches the above temperature...It shakes Like A Leaf Too...and the battery meter moves rediculously, however something tells me this isnt an electrical problem though... it never did this before, so I dunno what to look for... I mean its not anything oil related, or gasoline related, or any dumb shit like that... I'm not THAT much of an idiot...:p: Maybe it's just getting old... lol but 119K is barely broken in according to many of you... plus my lovely lady has a 94 with over 170K and it doenst do this, so I know its not normal... Maybe it's cause I'm using 89 octane Gas? but that can't be it I always used plus.... hmm.. my brain's cookin here... if anyone needs a video of something to determine something, just let me know... I just don't wanna take it to a place around here and have someone who only knows things about Impalas look at my s10 and twiddle their friggn thumbs, un-plug something, and say it was that...

Anyway, heres a video of my truck being a bitch in the morning...

Video Of Problem

I hope it turns out to be something stupid like a ghetto 50 dollar part or soemthing.... rather than something drastic... (dont we all...)

dont flame me if its something stupid either, Like i said I'm an idiot and ive only owned my blazer for like a year... :rofl:

I'm not asking for an exact diagnosis, I'm just looking for an "it might be this" answer... maybe someone else had the same problem or something, i dunno I'll let you do the talking...

any ideas?
    Last edited by gaugeprower; 04-02-2007 at 02:05 AM.

have you ever tuned it up. it almost sounds like moisture in the cap or bad wires or rotor

What he said, I was at a loss and I dicovered moisture under the cap. I dried the ICM and she runs like brand new now.

hmm, ill check it out... even though the last tuneup was this past summer... but we (my dad and I) did the tuneup ourselves... so we prolly screwed something up :p: