Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HOS making '02 blazer lay front on 20's w/ a/c(pics)

Looks pretty good. I was hoping to see the ugly yellow paint on the firewall would be gone. It's the color of Pennsylvania Highway Department trucks. Other than that I like it.

scott and myself will take care of it, I'm not going to screw you on the a/c. As i told you before, that was the first one we ever did, it was a prototype more/less. We'll probably end up making you a new one.

Once I talke to Scott about it, i'll give you deffinate plans.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEsDime View Post
    scott and myself will take care of it, I'm not going to screw you on the a/c. As i told you before, that was the first one we ever did, it was a prototype more/less. We'll probably end up making you a new one.

Once I talke to Scott about it, i'll give you deffinate plans.
    Let me know when you're talking care of it... I can't get a hold of either of you. If I have to drive all the way to Live Oak with no A/C, it's going to be a very bad trip

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Pollock View Post
    Let me know when you're talking care of it... I can't get a hold of either of you. If I have to drive all the way to Live Oak with no A/C, it's going to be a very bad trip
    Hey Kenny, you do know that when you try to lay out on 20", and keep the A/C your going to loose quite a bit of air flow right? The blower box is half the size, and you use a much smaller fan. So it doesn't move as much air. I dont know just how much it redueced your flow in the blazer, but I just wasn't sure just how aware of it you were. :D
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

Yes Vic, I know this... and I haven't felt the A/C at all... but I told Ryan I wanted to A/C to be worth my while... I rather not lay out and keep A/C then to have an A/C that barely works.

The way I was described the A/C, MAX on 4 is equal to 1 or maybe a 2.

So your not getting any air flow at all? Your right, at max you should have about the flow of click 1 maybe 2 like you said. I didn't know how bad it was. I didn't get to feel it before it went out. :cool:
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer

No, the was I was described was the way Jon said it was right now... and if that's right then I should've just body dropped it... my only reason I didn't was because I couldn't afford vintage air.

Truck was parked in the sun for a while... air was put on max and Jon was sweating after the 3 minute drive to Walmart.

Search around on s10forum. It's not going to get much better than that. Unfortunatlly, with the major mods done to the blower box, it's next to little when it's done. I've felt a few, and read on the forum that in some cases it's not worth doing. Thats one of the reasons I didn't do it. You asked me about that one time remember. With 20"s come major sacrifies. I'm not going bigger than 18"s with the new blazer. :cool:

... also, i never noticed it getting cold when i drove it no matter how hard it was blowing, I think your Freon is low.

... also, i never noticed it getting cold when i drove it no matter how hard it was blowing, I think your Freon is low.
    He said he got it a little cold, I don't know how... but if I'm gonna sweat when I drive it, then I regret getting the front to lay. The only reason I wanted A/C was so that I could go to school and work without sweating.

Fiberglass Fabrication EpicenterDesigns's Avatar
    Bradenton- FL........hammerin'-grindin'-sandin'-primin'
    The AC blew cold. I used it. It still gets cold......if you hold your hand inside the vent. I understand that at MAX 4 it will blow like it is at 1. Thats what it does. Thats what I told him.

I don't know how AC's work. But when you put it on MAX, the flapper opens. When you put it on AC or on vent, the flapper closes.
    Switch it to blow at your feet, blow at your feet and defroster, or straight defroster, it stays on AC and doesn't switch and the flapper stays closed.

Thats what I notcied.

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!

when its on "max" it opens a vent flap under the passenger side of the dash to recirculate the air inside the truck to make a colder environment. Anything else it closes that flap and pulls air in from the cowl for outside air.

Fiberglass Fabrication EpicenterDesigns's Avatar
    Bradenton- FL........hammerin'-grindin'-sandin'-primin'
    when its on "max" it opens a vent flap under the passenger side of the dash to recirculate the air inside the truck to make a colder environment. Anything else it closes that flap and pulls air in from the cowl for outside air.

Correct. Discovered that tonight when we tested another Blazer.

It is up to Kenny if he cares about the defroster and other options working.

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!

that is all vacuum opperated, I don't know why it doesn't work. we tested it before it left.

edit: it could be his HVAC controls causing the defrost not to work...? dunno, it should all atleast switch around if it has a vacuum hooked up. Which it does, the stock vacuum resevoir was reinstalled.

The other options would be nice... but I'm not driving all the way to Orlando and leaving the truck to fix them. Ryan/Scott, maybe you guys can go mobile and take a look at it at Unite.

I'm worried about the way you described the A/C though Jon... I asked for A/C that's worth having. If I'm gonna sweat, and it gets hotter down here than there... then what's the point of A/C?