Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HOS making '02 blazer lay front on 20's w/ a/c(pics)

Got a chance to sit in the truck myself yesterday. Truck was parked in the shade all day, and around sunset... I jumped in the truck with my brother, put the windows up and the A/C on full blast... and after 10 minutes I was sweating.

Anyone with a tow truck feel like towing the truck from Bradenton to Orlando for free/cheap? I don't have money to pay to bring my truck to HOS so they can fix their mistakes... I'd drive it myself but I can't afford the gas/bus ticket home and bus ticket back up to go get it.

Not sure what the problem could be...

And on that note, if I can't get it to HOS.. which they don't want to pick it up, eh, whatever, up to them... then anyone in FL want to fix my fucked up A/C? I will give you lots of credit at Unite!!

i'm not looking to get into it here... but if you bring a truck missing half the interior, its hard to actually TEST some of the things out. You did personally come pick it up and had the opportunity to test it while we still had it and tell us it wasn't up to par.

Our main ordeal here is you're wanting us to drop EVERYTHING come pick up your truck thats almost 3 hrs away and fix it before unite.

but you slandering our name here isn't doing anything, they already think we do shitty work.

You don't do shitty work, some criticized the 4 door you posted on here... and I'm upset about the A/C. I'm driving a truck that Scott had a big hand in rebuilding (although disappointed about some of the things Victor never had Scott fix :() and that you made the front lay.

I am just distraught about having to drive 3 hours to go pickup the Blazer, driving 3 hours to drive to to drop it off (and the gas costs associated with those drives), paying $50 to get a bus home, paying $50 to get a bus ride back up to pick it up. You realize there is a mistake, I appreciate that... and I appreciate that you and Scott are offering a "warranty" on your work, but getting my truck to you is a huge headache that I don't feel I should have to deal with.

Even with the vents gone, the air still fills the cabin. I didn't turn the A/C on because I didn't want to mess with it. I merely acted as the transporter to bring it to Jon, so he could find the problems (if there were any).

I'm not out to slander your name, I'm looking for a solution.

please take this to PMs. While I like a good E-fight like the rest of the crew, it drops moral and pushes people away from the sight.
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Fiberglass Fabrication EpicenterDesigns's Avatar
    Bradenton- FL........hammerin'-grindin'-sandin'-primin'
    I tried to stay out of all your threads Ryan. But you keep on. Your never wrong. And you never own up to anything. Your quick to critisize someone until they do it to you. You can't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEsDime View Post
    i'm not looking to get into it here... but if you bring a truck missing half the interior, its hard to actually TEST some of the things out.
    Everything needed to test the AC was in the truck. The only parts i had that pertained to the AC were the dash bezel vents. The controls were there and it still blows through the tubes when turned on. Should have been and easy test.

Our main ordeal here is you're wanting us to drop EVERYTHING come pick up your truck thats almost 3 hrs away and fix it before unite.

You should actually. He paid for a service that you said would work right. It doesn't. It is up to you to make it right with the customer. It's your choice.

but you slandering our name here isn't doing anything, they already think we do shitty work.

Him bringing it to the public forums was how he got your attention. You were ignoring all other attempts. You even talked him into deleting the other post on other forums so you wouldn't look bad.
    And when you say "they", who do you mean exactly?
    If by "they", you me BL as a forum, I don't think it was that way. In the other thread that got closed, it was suggested a couple different options and you got bent all out of shap. noone really attacked anything. That was until you let everyone know your a "fabricator" and know what you are doing and they don't. Yet you will jump in other threads and tell people they are flat out wrong, listen to you, your right. Yet you can't take constructive critism.
    And if by "they" you mean me and the rest if my friends, you might also be wrong. Your so full of yourself that your head is so far up your ass you have become cocky.
    I can point out alot of stuff on kenny's Blazer that is wrong. It isn't going to kill anyone, but it could be better. The others here stay out of the drama until you started talking about me and my works. Friends have a tendency to back other friends up when it is justified. Thats why a couple jumped into the convo.
    When Kenny brought the Blazer back to me at the shop when he picked it up from you with a message we were to look at the set-up and see how it is done, that set a couple people off. It may have been a joke, but you had already talked so much shit, the joke was done.

In my opinion, it is not done properly. I couldn't have done the AC, but if I put tubs in to clear the 20's, I bet it would clear and not still rub.

If you want to actually talk and not ignore me and keep talking about me, have at it. Or man up and talk.
    Last edited by EpicenterDesigns; 05-07-2007 at 02:14 PM.

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!

Also, quickly, because its driving me crazy.

Slander - harmful statements in a TRANSIENT medium (like speaking)

Libel - harmful statements in a FIXED medium (like writing).

If he is talking poorly about your company on a website, its libel, not slander. Just an FYI.

Carry on.
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

I had a conversation with Ryan last night that seemed to go better, we talked pretty normal... except he still doesn't understand what I want I guess.

226 miles to Jon's house to pickup the Blazer
    136 miles to Scott's house to drop off the Blazer
    $50 bus ride home (236 mile trip)
    $50 bus ride back to Scott's house to pick the truck up (236 mile trip)
    and 236 mile trip back to my house

I appreciate that you are standing by your work, and you and Scott are acknowledging that there is in fact a problem... but I'm complaining about another issue.

1,080 miles total. 450 miles if I didn't have to bring it to you guys to get it fixed. Not only is Unite right around the corner, my buddies might be redoing the 4-link in the week before.

I am not being reimbursed for getting the truck to you, and even if you did... it's still an unnecessary trip. Want to stand behind your work? Then help your customer out, and go pick the truck up. It's a 136 mile trip for you, and I'll come pick it up from your house instead of Jon's. The truck is fully insured, you're covered under it.
    Epicenter Designs for all your custom interior work

Florida Minis for all of your Florida mini truckin' discussion :cool:

So this thread is none of my business, but after reading kenny's posts I feel I should point this out.

Kevin from JustPlainTrick here in Arizona Bagged the rear of my friend's hardbody. After a few months or so the hardbody snapped a bolt in the 4-link and the rear end pulled back and pulled the e-brake cable. Left my friend stranded.

The very next day Kevin drove from Queen Creek to Payson (about a three hour drive one way) picked up the 4-link bar, took it back to queen creek, fixed the problem, and drove it all the way back to payson. So maybe 12 hours of driving time?

The thing about it is it wasnt even his work that was done wrong/failed, it was a bolt that sheared. But he still put in the effort to fix it and stand by his work. While some may ask why didnt he just replace the bolt, there was something with the set up that made him unable to do so. They have since changed that.

I dont know the full details, but none the less, if you want a shop with a good name and want more business, you need to tend to your customers. And its clear that (kenny) is not happy with the situation, but yet you are telling him the drive is far? The problem here is there shouldn't have been a problem in the first place, so yes, he has every right to expect you to drop everything and fix his truck as soon as possible.
    Jake

Typhoon:boink:
    Originally posted by lowblazin94
    Plus they can't arrest you or get a DUI while you have a boner.

Thank you HaVoC for your opinion. I know by now Ryan thinks me and everyone is against him, but it's not true. At the end of the day, I'm just a customer, who paid what I feel was a lot of money (even though he said he regrets under-quoting me, not my problem) and I didn't get what I paid for.

If I owned a company, I don't care how busy I was, I'd throw a friend gas money to go pickup the truck to keep a good reputation. I understand you're busy, but so am I. And broke.

Getting the front to lay was not a huge deal for me... I wanted it to be done, and you promised me the A/C would be worth having. That's the main reason I had you do the work, and you know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Pollock View Post
    Thank you HaVoC for your opinion. I know by now Ryan thinks me and everyone is against him, but it's not true. At the end of the day, I'm just a customer
    :)
    I should also point out Im not against him, or trying to talk shit or whatever else. All Im saying is thats the way this shop handled things, and i feel its how a reputable shop would handle things.

If I owned a company, I don't care how busy I was, I'd throw a friend gas money to go pickup the truck to keep a good reputation. I understand you're busy, but so am I. And broke.
    If he reads this, maybe he will take this as a suggestion? ;)
    Jake

Banned
    Here's a suggestion, take it to a local automotive shop and then send the bill to the shop. Just because its slammed to the ground doesnt mean only a custom shop can work on it.

I read all these posts in about 3 mins so im sorry if this is irrelevant, but somone mentioned no defrost.... by default they have the system go to defrost if there is a vaccume failure for safty reasons, so that shouldnt be a problem.

Do you have a clutch fan or an electric fan??
    YOu need to hook pressure gauges up to actually find out whats going on. YOu say it feels like 1 or 2 when its on max, which i take as air flow, but your talking about it being warm, so i take it theres two problems? Which i assume they said the airflow was becasue of the air box...
    Last edited by Superbee; 05-08-2007 at 06:21 PM.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    Here's a suggestion, take it to a local automotive shop and then send the bill to the shop. Just because its slammed to the ground doesnt mean only a custom shop can work on it.

I read all these posts in about 3 mins so im sorry if this is irrelevant, but somone mentioned no vac.... by default they have the system go to defrost if there is a vaccume failure for safty reasons, so that shouldnt be a problem.

Do you have a clutch fan or an electric fan??
    YOu need to hook pressure gauges up to actually find out whats going on. YOu say it feels like 1 or 2 when its on max, which i take as air flow, but your talking about it being warm, so i take it theres two problems? Which i assume they said the airflow was becasue of the air box...
    Well I believe (as well as everyone else) that the blower box was made too small, and I didn't really look in person, but I'm sure there is more room to work with. I don't really have the money to have it fixed, I paid for it already... should be working. The A/C places around here will not work on it I'm assuming, as it's a custom blower box.

The air is cold from what I felt, but Ryan said he noticed it wasn't... so I'm not sure anymore, LOL. Maybe it could be colder? The fans are electric I believe, but I know almost nothing about the mechanics of my A/C, which is why Ryan was given my truck.

The air is cold from what I felt, but Ryan said he noticed it wasn't... so I'm not sure anymore, LOL. Maybe it could be colder? The fans are electric I believe, but I know almost nothing about the mechanics of my A/C, which is why Ryan was given my truck.
    Hmmm This sounds somewhat familiar. I got in an accident and hit a tree on my passenger side fender. I had no air cause my blower box got smashed to shit. Even when I had the blower box replaced (did it myself) I didnt have very high pressure, or strong air coming out, but it would still be really cold. The one thing I thought was that I didnt re-do the wax (or whatever material) gasket and it wasnt building pressure. My air would work when on full blast, but not to its max, and it would barely even work at all on the lower speeds. Could your box not being sealed enough be the problem?
    Jake

Quote Originally Posted by HaVoC View Post
    Hmmm This sounds somewhat familiar. I got in an accident and hit a tree on my passenger side fender. I had no air cause my blower box got smashed to shit. Even when I had the blower box replaced (did it myself) I didnt have very high pressure, or strong air coming out, but it would still be really cold. The one thing I thought was that I didnt re-do the wax (or whatever material) gasket and it wasnt building pressure. My air would work when on full blast, but not to its max, and it would barely even work at all on the lower speeds. Could your box not being sealed enough be the problem?
    Possibly... and unfortunately Jon (Epicenter) isn't feeling too good, he is having a problem leaving his house right now, so I am relying on Ryan to rectify the situation.

I wish someone else in Florida could help me out with the A/C.

Also, due to the original bagging of my truck, the axle is too far on one side and the 4-link needs to be redone, but my friends might be taking care of it. But, that's another thing :(

Sucks that we have a bunch of hacks that consider themselves fabricators. What makes matters worse are hacks with attitudes.