Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HOW TO: Lower your 4x4. CHEAP

actualy not quite the same ride height....and...i do have suspension.....Bumpstops and Tires!! woo hoo...i love it

Originally posted by blazerwhore
    actualy not quite the same ride height....and...i do have suspension.....Bumpstops and Tires!! woo hoo...i love it
    The ride height would be identicle...

uh..no...considering when i had bolts in there i wasn't tucking, and now i am....

Then they were set in the right spot...

i have an'85 s-10 4x4 with 3 in blocks out back and i have already performed the "bolt crankdown trick" in the front and i want it to be lower but i am not sure weather to use the T bar trick or the bolt thing... i am kinda afraid that i will hit the tire on the fender well cause i have regular 2wd rims on it and i know that there is no way that they are gonna tuck so any help would be appreciated
    PICS OF MY TRUCK AT http://www.cardomain.com/id/rjs_04
    My old truck www.cardomain.com/id/rjs04
    DONT BE A FAG.... HIT SOME SWITCHES AND DRAG!!!!

USe the bolt trick. You will need to fine tune it with washers or bushings or something. You wont be able to get it too low but you can make it rub your fender lip pretty easily.

advice: take you time and put the bolts in the crossmember at the correct depth.

warren87_28_4x4 or anyone what has done the bolt trick thing and it has worked can you PLZ POST A PICK WHERE YOU HAVE DONE THIS like right where the bolt is and every thing i want to do this i have a 89 s-10 blaze 4x4 new rims 17" and a body kit and a need the drop plz help me thanks BLAZINLOW:bigthumb:
    LOWRIDIN

ok thanks for the help ill prob try to get around to doin the bolt trick sometime this weekend or next week
    PICS OF MY TRUCK AT http://www.cardomain.com/id/rjs_04
    My old truck www.cardomain.com/id/rjs04
    DONT BE A FAG.... HIT SOME SWITCHES AND DRAG!!!!

Well my Jimmy is no more so i cant get you a pic. From what i remember the bolt is about 1.5 inches above the lip of the crossmember.