Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Airshocks!

You got a 4.3 perro
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

who has put the most psi in thier shocks with fast valves? i did 130 one time went up pretty fast i usually use 120, could you get them to hop the back with like 180 or so?

I run 160
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

i run what ever my compressor can give me, 160 is nice tho
    http://home.satx.rr.com/cbzed101/ared4x4/ared4x4.html thanks CBZED101 ;)

Alright, I'm pissed. I bought the Gabriel Hijackers and installed them just now. I started with the tiny ass line (1/8") they give you and filled them up using my shop compressor that fills to 120psi. Didn't didn't do shit. I can see it mpove like 1/2" up, but it's still on hte bumpstops. Am I the only one who has these fucking things with a mono-leaf setup? I knew I would have to buy a new tank or something to be able to push near 200 psi, but I figured from what everyone else has been saying that 120psi would at least give me a few inches.
    I dont think I did anything wrong:mad:
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

my friend has some kinda air shocks on the back of her s-10 and it's mono-leafed w/3" blocks, she gets 7 inches of lift

Okay, I figured out a way to get a few inches of lift if you only have access to 120psi. I jacked the rear up so that the shocks were almost fully extended. Then I pumped 120psi into them and let the jack down. I figure 120 in a fully extended shock is about 160 compressed with the truck on them. I dont have a pressure guage that goes up that high to check yet. That whole process is going to get old if I have to keep doing it.
    I drove it around on the airshocks and bags and it feels like a Cadillac! I love it, I've almost forgot what a full air ride feels like. Kind of like driving a boat around.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

its because of your system, i get ALOT of lift with 120 and rides very good but i have no back seat or system, that line kit that goes with the shocks is trash i used my 3/8 line and it goes up in under 2 seconds with only 120psi

God
    well i mono leafed my jimmy tonight and put some air shocks with 3/8 line, gos up in about 3 seconds, also found out why my car leans like no other, bad bad leaf, so i'm going to pick up a new one from a yard. im using 120 psi and getting 2-3 inch or lift.

is the shocks on the front of a 4wd the same as the rear ??? and are they any way to make a pair of air shocks for the front

So heres a question for you guys.......If I put the air-ride tech, shockwave bag and shock combo on the front of my 93 4dr 2wd, and 2 in spindles, and monoleaf and 4 inch blocks on the rear with the air shocks(which I already have on there) will I lay frame with 18's??

Also does anyone have a pic of there blaze with these up, then down....the air shocks
    America, Love it, or get the hell out!

God
    i'm picking up a new leaf tonight, to replace my bad one. so when i install it i well let you know, and take pics., i also like the fact the when my axel hits the bump stop bracket, i'm tuckin 30 inch tires :D. my compressor is one of those hand held one thats good to 300 psi and a 7 gal air tank, i bought at walmart. you can take the handheld compressor appart and get the compressor out of it and mount it below the chasis. i also recomend 1 or 2 inch blocks, and you will be hitting the bracket when lowered.

i "airshocked" mine yesterday and when i put them on i fully extended them and then installed them and hooked up the lines while the truck was still in the air.. and when i sat it down it sat exactly where i wanted it.. about half way extended so i didnt even have to put any air in it.. but i dont see why some need so much psi to lift them.. when i put them on my camaro i had like 60psi and they were really high.... i couldnt find my air tank to see how many psi are in mine now.....
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    Originally posted by lushdrunk
    is the shocks on the front of a 4wd the same as the rear ??? and are they any way to make a pair of air shocks for the front
    No, the front have hole and bushing top and bottom. The rear have bushings on the bottom but a mounting plate through the hole on the top. Pain in the ass to push it in but it can be done. Yes, you can put 4 air shocks on a 4X4 very easy.
    "All I need iz 1 mic"

God
    i know i told every one that i would take pics but it was about 11 o'clock last night when i finished. also i had to use monoleaf one one side with no blocks and a monoleaf with a 3in block on the othr to get it to lay flat. i can fit my one of my fingers inbetween the two bump stop brackets, when aired out and my fist when aired up. also my 30 inch tires tuck quite nicely, all the way in the wheel well with about 1 inch of clearance, when aired out, i'm going to air up and dump tonight out on the street to see how it works when drivig