Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Airshocks!

I'm running DJM 3" drop leaves and a 2" block, with Monroe air shocks in the back..with the normal 1/8" line....how exactly do i go about setting them up with larger lines and a tank/compressor setup, i've got one of those compressor that hooks to your lighter input, like 220 psi, with that work? Any ideas?

Also, if you're using a compressor like at a gas station or something, you can get more lift an easy way, i figured it out by accident. When it looks like the truck isn's going up anymore, just stop putting air in it, then shoot the air in a burst, then stop, then do it again, it raises the truck up like 1/4" everytime, it's good for about another 1" of lift, rides damn good too. Wehn the truck completey stops going up, just let a small amount of air out, maybe drop the truck 1/8" or so, mine stoped hitting the frame on the rearend over bumps when i used this trick.
    If anyone can answer my question at the top, please email me the info, i'd like to try it this weekend. Schimel750@aol.com
    thanks yall
    ~85' S-10 4x4 Blazer
    ~Freshly rebuilt 2.8, with painted goodies
    ~18" chrome Platnum Type 121 (will do for now) wrapped in 225/40 BFG's
    ~Shaved emblems and fender trim
    ~Fancy Alpine headunit, Pionneer highs and mids at the corners, Xtant 600 watt class D amp, JL 12w7 in custom enclosure -hit 141.5db- (little plexiglass for looks) 4 guage Monster wires and other exspensive tid-bits i don't really need
    ~Smoothy front bumper painted to match, rollpan
    ~Shaved door handles
    INSTALLED my 3 pump Red's competition hydraulic setup, chain bridge/coil over
    Can we say, "standing 3-wheel?"
    -To Be-
    ~Euro tails and clear corners ~Shaved moldings, roof rack
    ~Poly Blue paint from a Mitsu.VR4, blue, red, and black pearls (in the can, in the garage)

3/8" hose with screw down hose clamps. Get it at home depot.
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

airshocks range in ride?

For the people that have thesee, i would think that for 50 at autozone "which is the same place im getting mine" you cant go wrong. Good gas shocks are more than that. I was wondering how high and low do they go? I am lookin for a range in what you people have had with these deflated at 25 and maxxed at 200..?? I am not lookin to drop it on the frame with thesee but can i get a little lower? I have 4in blocks in the rear and i can always go lower so i can always raise it with the shocks. thank benc

i think i get 1 or 2 inches above stock hieght with only the main leaf (no lowering blocks) and it goes down to the stops, but i havev nothing in the back of my truck its all stripped rides great

Just got airshocks

I just picked up a pair. I was wondering what other ways to lower the rear. I have 4in blocks now, can i had more blocks without worrying about the pinion angle or remove leafs? I noticed i have 2 main leafs and one bigger under those 2 is that how most s10's are? I have a 91 s10 blazerr and i dont think it would be good to take any out since it is alittle more heavy than a s10. But im sure someone know out ther. any info would help thanks. I am lookin to get the most lift outta the shocks. thanks benc

never stack blocks ( i think someone said they they can fall out or whatever) plus, i think it would look very stupid lookin at your truck from the side and seein the whole spring showin . i know that with just 3" blocks i can see a lot of my leaf spring now
    Last edited by 16years&blazin; 09-23-2002 at 09:33 PM.
    Yahoo! Messenger = wintermc
    AOL Messenger = wintermc2

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    I am in the process of monoleafing my blazer with airshocks. I post on the progress when its done. Hopefully I will get it done tomorrow, but it won't be hooked to my air system for awhile... I don't have valves or a tank yet.

Should i buy the 3in lowering springs in the rear and put my 4in blocks on them. Since i have the shocks it will raise alittle?RIGHT. I was gonna do this and then go to the front and add some control arms but i dont know if they drop it down 3in.? AND if they did it would be like real frikin low without bags so i would have to add them, which isnt a bad thing exept money wise.

I'll let you know how the mono leafing goes. It would be much cheaper than buying new drop leafs.

All you really need is to be monoleafed with 4" blocks. The dropped leaves won't let you go down and would be a waste of $$$
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

If you get bags or hydros on the back, is it a better idea to monoleaf or can i still use my 3" drop leaves. Will the drop leafs let the rearend go down enough to lay frame or what? What if i monoleafed my drop leafs? That would work out even better i think because the leafs are already de-arched some. What do you guys think?
    ~85' S-10 4x4 Blazer
    ~Fancy Alpine headunit, Pionneer highs and mids at the corners, Xtant 600 watt class D amp, JL 12w7 in custom enclosure -hit 141.5db- (little plexiglass for looks) 4 guage Monster wires and other exspensive tid-bits i don't really need
    ~Shaved door handles
    -To Be-
    ~Poly Blue paint from a Mitsu.VR4, blue, red, and black pearls (in the can, in the garage)

Red face

I think all the air shock questions that could have ever been thought of have been asked in this thread. The same questions keep getting asked. READ THE OLD POSTS BEFORE YOU POST ANOTHER RETARDED QUESTION.

DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

Its people like you Draggn that make me so glad that i'm not a complete asshole. Also it makes everyone else look alot better everytime you make yourself out to be a real dick. I've got better things to do then read every post in a 5 page thread, maybe you don't, i don't really give a two shits. Next time you see a question that has already been asked, do everyone a favor and either point out WHERE the answer can be found, answer the question, or keep keep your dick sucker shut. The threads are here for people to ask questions and get answers from people who know, and don't mind sharing the knowledge more then once so someone else can learn.
    ~85' S-10 4x4 Blazer
    ~Shaved door handles
    -To Be-

Draggin has a valid point. All those questions were answered in this thread. Even if he did "point out where the answer can be found" it would be this thread. Which you should already be reading. As far as I know, you can read just as well as Draggin can....

:eek:

Last edited by Dragginblazer; 09-25-2002 at 12:10 AM.
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer