Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cando bolt-on four link?!?

Cando bolt-on four link?!?

http://www.candospecialties.com/

CD-4LS10BLAZER
    S10 Blazer 4-Link (2WD 2DR ONLY)

What's everyone think about this kit? If you have any pics or info. about the kit or Can Do Specalties in general PLEASE post up

I know it won't lay out!

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    is that all years?
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

This is what I was told when I asked the same question

"Steve @ CanDo" <Steve@CanDoSpecialties.com> wrote:
    so far all s10 blazer 2wd 2-door blazers.

"Steve @ CanDo" <Steve@CanDoSpecialties.com> wrote:

I keep getting people saying they are going to send pix, but nothing yet. I put one on an 86 and a 96 before.
    The 10 bolts that hold the diff cover on. Measure from the furthest left to the furthest bolt right center to center. Should be 9.25"
    If that's correct we are in business. To be honest I don't know of any S10s with stock rear ends it didn't work on.
    There's also one we do with the 9.75" bolt spacing but that's usually on the 97 Newer S10s
    Thanks
    Steve Nielsen
    CanDo Specialties, inc.
    6120 Lincoln Blvd Unit HOroville Ca. 95966
    ph.# 530-533-8680
    fax# 530-533-8882
    www.CanDoSpecialties.com

ps I sent out about 12 of these for the Blazers this year and so far nothing but good feedback

Blacked out member. Mistersponge's Avatar
    Dude I want pictures if that shit works I'm sold.
    -Brian
    02 Blazer Xtreme
    57 Chevy Bel Air
    Quote Originally Posted by DbBlazer View Post
    dude what do u think a trubo is? it is just a fan

yea, me too. If anyone finds any pics please post them. Maybe we could get a group buy on these.

Just sent this to Steve at Cando

If you'd be interested in really selling the Blazer kit like crazy please visit this forum and post as much info as available. There are a lot of people that would be very interested in purschasing these if there was more information and installed pics available. Thanks
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showt...d=1#post712255

Hopefully he'll get us some more info. I couldn't think of a better place to promote a bolt on Blazer four link then here.

The problem is that you would have to butcher that kit to make lay frame imo.

Steve@CanDo
    Ok you got me on here..lol
    I truly have not posted on a forum in a few years. I'm just too Dam busy to get caught up in it all. I prefer all product questions be directed to my personal e-mail if you don't mind. I promise I'll get back too you that day or with in 24hrs usually.
    So as of now I'll explain what I can about our CanDo S10 Blazer 4-Link.
    I personally have installed it on 2 Blazers . Both 2DR 2wd's. One was a first Gen abnd the second was a 96. They both laid out on 18's.
    The only reason I can think of that it would not lay out on anything bigger would be if something was hitting the rear end from coming up inside the Notch or if you needed a larger Notch. If there's something you know that I'm not aware of please feel free to fill me in. I'm all about feedback and re-perfecting anything that needs tweaking yaa know. That FWD S10 truck kit thats about Identical to the Blazer version has been changed many many many times since we started building it back in 1997.
    In fact, we just about finished revisining a brand New version of the S10 all fwd kit that will include Shorter lower bars, with optional new lower front Hangers, and a Raised Gas x-member. I understand our Bars are 2"+ loger than other brands, and you will not have to shorten your driveshaft.
    Sorry back to the Blazer kit. I don't have any pictures yet. I have been told by several customers that used the kit this year already they will send pics. But so far nothing has shown up.
    If I can ever get my hands on another Blazer, I plan to revise the exzisting kit, and make any improvents that seem neccessary. Including possable cantilever attachments. Well sorry this is so long. Like I said its been a while since I've been on a forum.
    By the way the Dude that owns this Forum is a very cool cat. I'm sure if you need any of the CanDo products he can help you out. We have been dealing with him for a long time.
    Best regards,
    steve@candospecialties.com

Steve@CanDo
    Some more things I thought that every one might need too know,
    You'll have to raise your floor up to clear the fwd upper bars.
    You'll need to notch your x-member for the driveshaft to clear when laid out.
    You'll need to raise the driveshaft tunnel from behind the front seats to were it runs into the floor under the back seat. While its cut out you can get to the x-member and notch it. Its located under the back seat area. You'll need to cut out enough floor to clear the Differential bracket.
    On 18's I think the floor was raised up 2" or so.
    Its like Body dropping the floor from the back seat all the way back, to just behind the Rear end. I know I've sent this kit to guys with 20's but I can't think of any feed back I've ever gotten from them. If I learn any more specifics I will post them. As for anything any of you might know that have the kit installed or know of someone that has one, please hit me back directly. I'd love to find things that need changing and keep making it better.
    We are all on the same side and love what we do, so lets keep building cool ass rides and I'll be here if there's anything I can do to help.
    You 4DR Blazer guys can use our All reverse Cantilever 4-Link. I've sent that kit to Several 4DR blazer guys and its been proven to work perfectly. I use it on everything now. Minis and Fullsizes. Check our Gallery under Toyota and Nissan for installation pictures.
    Everyone have a good evening,
    Steve

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    So how different is this kit from your S-10 truck kit?

And why do you keep insisting that those reverse 4 links are actually a good comprimise? Do you realize where that kit puts your IC and roll center? Not trying to pick a fight, just curious as to wether or not you know what you're marketing. And "It works, so it must be OK" isnt a good answer.
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

Blacked out member. Mistersponge's Avatar
    I doubt he will answer on here, like he said email him and let us know.
    -Brian
    02 Blazer Xtreme
    57 Chevy Bel Air
    Quote Originally Posted by DbBlazer View Post
    dude what do u think a trubo is? it is just a fan

well to start it is a great looking kit but the 100% bolt on went out the window like 27.35 miles ago you need to re make the front cross member to make it fit the front bracket i know i have had to grind down the little plug on the axle bracket for the lower bar . but yes the 10 bolt diff bracket fits great i havnt tryed to fit the top bars fitment yet but hey in the end it should work and im running the stock 15's so im not probly gonna need to do floor but eh later andy

My Works Site ~<The Blazin Low Punctuation Expert>~ WASHINGTON CUSTOMS FORUM

Steve@CanDo
    The differnce between the S10 truck and the S10 Blazer is the Length of the bars. That's it. We have to change the upper angle of the bends on the outter part of the Diff bracket to accomidate for the length of the Blazer bars versus the length of the Truck bars, which isn't much.

As for the rev ?. Let me set the record staraight, that I use both kits, and I don't feel one is better than the other if done correctly.
    The reason I choose to use the all reverse in most cases, is that you can use allot longer upper and lower bar, because the Gas tank is not an obstacle. The pinion angles always stay straight, the ride is great & the lift is great. We always make the lowers non-adjustable, for strength, and that contributes to great stability. I've had several customers that have ran our all fwd S10 kits for years, and come back and buy our all Reverse bolt-on S10 truck kit, because of a referal or just good word of mouth. Only feedback I have ever gotten has been 100&#37; good. If I had one customer with our kits tell me that the All reverse that he bought from us, caught any issue, I'd be all over it. So my only question to any one against them, would be why in 7 years that I have been installing the kits, driving on the kits daily and I've sold well over 1500 reverse kits, why have I never had one complaint. I've only had complaints from out side people that have never had any personal experince, or maybe a couple that built there own and it went wrong some were. To be honest I just love building cool stuff and if I felt like there was any way I was putting a customer in danger, I'd never sell the kit.. I'm serious. Back in 2000, I was kinda worried something that I might have missed would come up one day. But now after 7 years of building the all reverse, I've had nothing but good feedback.
    So does anyone know of one CanDo customer with an all reverse thats ever had an issue? If so I'd like them to contact me so I can help them figure out what caused a problem. If not than there's no reason I need to explain anything else. I respect any one that don't wish to use it, I would only hope that the same ones would respect our customers that use our kit, especially if they are telling you they like everything about it.
    One thing I always insist on is that the customer set it up with shocks. Its true that our reverse kits can lift too high if your not running shocks, and possibly pull the driveshaft out. Thats not what I'd suggest. In fact its just not at all a good idea to run any vehicle 4-linked or not with no rear shocks. Thats my opinion. I don't want any drama, so if its ok with you all, I'll never mention reverse kits on here again. If anyone has a question about anything I'd rather get a personal e-mail.
    Thank you,
    steve@candospecialties.com

Well its dinner time, and I'm hungry...lol
    I'm outta here.
    Ps I'm in the middle of a bag install on a F150, and a week behind schedule, so I won't be checking back any time soon.
    Kind Regards.