Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cando bolt-on four link?!?

Steve@CanDo
    Quote Originally Posted by WireNut View Post
    well to start it is a great looking kit but the 100% bolt on went out the window like 27.35 miles ago you need to re make the front cross member to make it fit the front bracket i know i have had to grind down the little plug on the axle bracket for the lower bar . but yes the 10 bolt diff bracket fits great i havnt tryed to fit the top bars fitment yet but hey in the end it should work and im running the stock 15's so im not probly gonna need to do floor but eh later andy
    Yes real quick then I'm out. That x-member bracket that goes to the x-member is a Truck part and I need a Blazer here to redesign it. I always tell customers that they need to just weld that part on. I'm very sorry if I did not mention that. Its a hard part to re-design when we don't ever get Blazers in the shop.
    For some reason all we have n this town are about 12 bodydropped Toyotas...lol Probably because Bob Grant and myself have built so many Toys locally, they keep getting handed down and around.
    Ok I'm otta here. I won't be back anytime soon unless I get summonsed.

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDo View Post
    The differnce between the S10 truck and the S10 Blazer is the Length of the bars. That's it. We have to change the upper angle of the bends on the outter part of the Diff bracket to accomidate for the length of the Blazer bars versus the length of the Truck bars, which isn't much.

As for the rev ?. Let me set the record staraight, that I use both kits, and I don't feel one is better than the other if done correctly.
    The reason I choose to use the all reverse in most cases, is that you can use allot longer upper and lower bar, because the Gas tank is not an obstacle. The pinion angles always stay straight, the ride is great & the lift is great. We always make the lowers non-adjustable, for strength, and that contributes to great stability. I've had several customers that have ran our all fwd S10 kits for years, and come back and buy our all Reverse bolt-on S10 truck kit, because of a referal or just good word of mouth. Only feedback I have ever gotten has been 100% good. If I had one customer with our kits tell me that the All reverse that he bought from us, caught any issue, I'd be all over it. So my only question to any one against them, would be why in 7 years that I have been installing the kits, driving on the kits daily and I've sold well over 1500 reverse kits, why have I never had one complaint. I've only had complaints from out side people that have never had any personal experince, or maybe a couple that built there own and it went wrong some were. To be honest I just love building cool stuff and if I felt like there was any way I was putting a customer in danger, I'd never sell the kit.. I'm serious. Back in 2000, I was kinda worried something that I might have missed would come up one day. But now after 7 years of building the all reverse, I've had nothing but good feedback.
    So does anyone know of one CanDo customer with an all reverse thats ever had an issue? If so I'd like them to contact me so I can help them figure out what caused a problem. If not than there's no reason I need to explain anything else. I respect any one that don't wish to use it, I would only hope that the same ones would respect our customers that use our kit, especially if they are telling you they like everything about it.
    One thing I always insist on is that the customer set it up with shocks. Its true that our reverse kits can lift too high if your not running shocks, and possibly pull the driveshaft out. Thats not what I'd suggest. In fact its just not at all a good idea to run any vehicle 4-linked or not with no rear shocks. Thats my opinion. I don't want any drama, so if its ok with you all, I'll never mention reverse kits on here again. If anyone has a question about anything I'd rather get a personal e-mail.
    Thank you,
    steve@candospecialties.com

Well its dinner time, and I'm hungry...lol
    I'm outta here.
    Ps I'm in the middle of a bag install on a F150, and a week behind schedule, so I won't be checking back any time soon.
    Kind Regards.

That's an amazing sales pitch, and I'm glad you're doing well...sounds like you've been busy.

But you never answered the question about Instant Center and Roll Center, and what your reverse kit does with it.
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

How about I roll up North and he can do the install on my Blazer. Take pics and make the needed adjustments for a bolt on kit. I could use another sponsor.=)
    CRUCIFIED CHRISTIAN CAR CLUB

http://lhfriv.org/crucified_car_club

Sponsors:

Rims/Tires: KMC Wheels

http://kmcwheels.com/

Sunroof/Interior: Corona Sunroofs

http://www.coronasunroofs.com/

Fiberglass work:Epicenterdesigns

EPICENTERDESIGNS

Blacked out member. Mistersponge's Avatar
    Do it, take pictures.
    -Brian
    02 Blazer Xtreme
    57 Chevy Bel Air
    Quote Originally Posted by DbBlazer View Post
    dude what do u think a trubo is? it is just a fan

Just a little advice from some one that has designed four links for both blazers and S10 trucks, the four link from one, will almost fit on the other. The upper bar length is different. But if you are using the stock front spring perches to mount the lower bars, the geometry is not right. The S10 truck has the lower front spring mount under the frame, and the blazer has it next to the frame. That means the front mount is several inches higher on the blazer. And that several inches means alot. Also, notching the blazer crossmember for driveline clearance, then putting the S10 truck mount on top of it, will have the geometry all messed up. That mount will be way to high. And so will the instant center. Will it work ? Sure it will. It is hard to build something that just plain won't work. Is it gonna work well ? Nope. Wheel hop ? Possibly. That's why my blazer kit has the upper bar front mounts on both sides of the drive line. It allows crossmember notching, and keeps the bars where they should be.
    Last edited by IRSd_mini; 04-29-2007 at 07:36 PM.
    Larry
    www.innovativeairsuspension.com
    AirRide, KP, MIC, SMC, Parker, Viair... I sell all the good stuff.

how about 4doors man! cant forget about us 4 doors.

SIk Addictions
    Too much shit in the way with our 4 doors, just look ay it like this we're special.

I didn't know the rear end cover bolts could hold up the rear end. Thats good to know.

For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37

Quote Originally Posted by keepinitsimple View Post
    Too much shit in the way with our 4 doors, just look ay it like this we're special.
    oh yeah reeeeal special, lol. we never get shit!

Will this 4 link work on the 4 door with enough cutting? If I am reading right, it is not that the kit won't fit the 4 door, it's that you have to cut and build more of the floor back after it is installed? My issue is finding a 4 link that will work with the truck. I am not worried about putting the floor back in it or anything else cosmetic. I have a friend who has made many 4-links from scratch and will build one for me but getting his and my schedule lined up is just not happening. If I went with this kit on a 4 door does anyone have any info on some of the hurdles I might hit?

Thanx,

Sean
    94 S-10 Blazer 2wd
    -4 door, bagged, shaved handles, shaved roof rack, molded tailgate license plate box, and some other stuff
    94 Cutlass Convertible
    -bagged on 18's, custom paint, custom interior, in dash tv
    95 Cutlass Convertible (Wife's car)
    -in the process of bagging it
    02 Burban (tow pig)
    -20's, grill-bumber swap, big system

I believe the biggest hurdle with the 4dr trucks is having to relocate the gas tank to the rear like on the 2dr trucks, with the side mounted stock tank theres no room for the 4 link to go.

'Got another question for this kit, if i installed this kit but just had a bolt in 2.25 notch and didnt want to cut out my floor will it still work, as im not concerned with laying it out, i just want to ditch the leafs and would really like a bolt on kit.
    Mike
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492
    Full Resto w/383 E85 LM7/T56
    License Plate= CRN FED
    Working on it slowly but surely.

1992 GMC Typhoon #1104

2003 Silverado Ext Cab
    Daily driver

Member of H.A.S.T.E.
    www.h-a-s-t-e.com

Quote Originally Posted by TooLowTooGo View Post
    oh yeah reeeeal special, lol. we never get shit!
    :rolleyes: hahahahahaha.

J/K bro.=)
    CRUCIFIED CHRISTIAN CAR CLUB

http://lhfriv.org/crucified_car_club

Sponsors:

Rims/Tires: KMC Wheels

http://kmcwheels.com/

Sunroof/Interior: Corona Sunroofs

http://www.coronasunroofs.com/

Fiberglass work:Epicenterdesigns

EPICENTERDESIGNS

so in the longrun....this kit worth it say for an xtreme blazer??? on 18s.....not 17's toolowtoogo haha

Quote Originally Posted by blazerxtreme18 View Post
    on 18s.....not 17's toolowtoogo haha
    dont lie, u got 17's and keep em clean

So has anybody gotten any recent exerience with one of these bolt on kits for the blazer?

Im really wanting to order one for my bravada and ditch the leafs and AOL for something that will ride better and go lower, seems like a good deal for a bolt on deal.
    Mike
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492
    Full Resto w/383 E85 LM7/T56
    License Plate= CRN FED
    Working on it slowly but surely.

1992 GMC Typhoon #1104

2003 Silverado Ext Cab
    Daily driver

Member of H.A.S.T.E.
    www.h-a-s-t-e.com