Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cando bolt-on four link?!?

Ok, ill send this back to the top and ask if anybody ever got out to cando's shop with a blazer so they could redesign the kit. Im really wanting to dump the leafs and AOL on my 2wd bravada for a better setup, and althought id weld the upper bar bracket to the crossmember simply because i can, i think a better bolt on kit woudl really help alot of people.

So did anybody ever roll up to the shop and get this done?

If not, id almost make the drive from Houston.
    Mike
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492
    Full Resto w/383 E85 LM7/T56
    License Plate= CRN FED
    Working on it slowly but surely.

1992 GMC Typhoon #1104

2003 Silverado Ext Cab
    Daily driver

Member of H.A.S.T.E.
    www.h-a-s-t-e.com

Well i guess nobody ever got a blazer to there shop, as i emailed steve last week with a few questions, and he said he had some people contact him about bringin in a blazer but never showed.

Im going to be ordering a kit in the next few weeks, and will start a new thread when i install it, im running stock 15's for now with 26" tall tires all around, and will be installing some newer bravada 17" wheels in the future but will be keeping the same 26" tall tire height, dont plan on cutting out my floor at all, and will be welding up the upper bar mounts to the crossmember, and im hoping that ill be able to lay out the frame without cutting the floor, im also not going to shave off the lip on the bottom of the frame, i will be cutting out the lip in the rear fenderwells so i dont cut up the tires. Will be using some SD behind and under bag mounts with either firestone 2600
    s or the new air lift bags if they come out with a 2600 soon.

Will post all other info in a new threan once the install starts.
    Mike
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492
    Full Resto w/383 E85 LM7/T56
    License Plate= CRN FED
    Working on it slowly but surely.

1992 GMC Typhoon #1104

2003 Silverado Ext Cab
    Daily driver

Member of H.A.S.T.E.
    www.h-a-s-t-e.com

It will never lay with out cutting the floor,The pumkin will hit on the floor

HotRod ever get that thread started??

Wow it still amazes me that people think a reverse set-up is a respectable link set-up. When it has been proven time and time again to cause you problems. Sure most people who buy bolt on's dont do much maintenance or up keep to know if something goes wrong. And most people who pay for/ or buy a reverse set up arent mechanics to know if something does go wrong. So yes I am sure this guy hasnt had much negative feed back because they dont really know whats going on mechanically. YES I myself have a reverse 4-link but let me be the first to say it is on the TOP on my list to get removed and go to a Forward facing 4-link with rear facing lift bars. If you can PROVE to me that a Reverse set up causes NO damage to your rear end or tranny then I might reconsider. But I have not seen ONE reverse set-up that worked or function correctly.

^^^^ I agree with ya on the forward facing 4 links!!!

Anyone know anything about the bolt on rear kit from www.innovativeairsuspension.com

Quote Originally Posted by RMassa187 View Post
    Anyone know anything about the bolt on rear kit from www.innovativeairsuspension.com
    I know everything about it :D What questions do you have ?
    Larry
    www.innovativeairsuspension.com
    AirRide, KP, MIC, SMC, Parker, Viair... I sell all the good stuff.

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IRSd_mini View Post
    I know everything about it :D What questions do you have ?

LMAO

yeah, he's the man to ask.

I've had one in my blazer for 4 years now....
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

Just looking for feedback about it. Difficulty of install, cutting, welding, pics, specs. That sort of stuff.

And quality too!

Just looking for feedback about it. Difficulty of install, cutting, welding, pics, specs. That sort of stuff.
    The kit was designed to be easy to install. Some of it bolts in, and some welds in. I had one customer tell me he installed his in 4 hours. The kit is designed to only drop the blazer down to where the rear end hits the body floor. If you are wanting to lay out, especially on big tires. This is not for you. The cost of the kit, combined with the mods needed to the bag mounts and shock mounts, makes it not practical. A custom set up would be better for that. But if you want to get low, with out a lot of cutting, this kit is for you. The design is not technically perfect because one of the main design parameters was an easy install. So by using the stock lower spring mounts, and the existing crossmeber for the upper bar mounts, the bar lengths are different. But they are mounted in such a way to get minimal pinion change. And the set up has a small amount of squat under accelleration when it is low, and the ride pressure is low. Once lifted up a little, and more psi in the bags, the squat is gone, and the ride is firmer. Doug, low_blazer, has a high HP v-8 in his blazer, and he abused the prototype for years, with good results. The four link kit starts as a KP universal weld in kit, and is modified to fit the blazer. And comes with my own bag mounts and shock mounts. And bags (firestone F9000) and shocks (doestch tech). All parts are tig welded. Overall it is a nice easy to install kit. But if you want to lay on big wheels, it is not the kit to get.
    Larry

And quality too!
    I may not be the best person to comment of the quality of my work. :D But you can go here and see some of it for yourself .... http://community.webshots.com/user/lkechols
    Larry

Does anyone make a bolt-on four link for a 2nd gen 4dr?

Quote Originally Posted by 99blaze View Post
    Does anyone make a bolt-on four link for a 2nd gen 4dr?

Nope
    Larry