Thread: 01 2wd Blazer 3/3 drop

01 2wd Blazer 3/3 drop

I have a belltech kit ready to be installed in my 2001 2rd 2wd blazer. Its 3 inch lowering coils and 3 inch lowering blocks. Before I start installing is there anything i need to do before the install? Like flip rear brake line or cut any bumpstops?

Well besides that question i also wanted to ask about 3 inch blocks by belltech. I heard they warp and shatter in rare cases. They are aluminum and not angeled. If anyone has any info helping me out with my drop i'll appreciate it. Thanks.

I have a wheel fetish ! TRILOGY's Avatar
    i have 3 inch Belltech drop coils with 2 inch Belltech drop spindles in the front, stock 1.5 zq8 drop leafs with 3 inch non angled blocks on my 01 Xtreme blazer.
    just remember to flip the rear brake caliper hoses, cut the rear bumpstops down and MAINLY... don't forget the trim the upper control arms to clear the Belltech drop spindles........there will be more info on the trimming of the upper control arms with the instructions that come with the new Belltech drop spindles.

this is how mine sits with what i listed above.

Last edited by TRILOGY; 05-14-2007 at 07:48 PM.

Sclusive North Texas bwhitfield24's Avatar
    Does it explain how to flip the brake lines? I have heard this term before and haven't seen before and after pics to see what exactly is done.

I have a wheel fetish ! TRILOGY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhitfield24 View Post
    Does it explain how to flip the brake lines? I have heard this term before and haven't seen before and after pics to see what exactly is done.

For the blazers that have rear disc brakes on them, once you lower them with 3 inch blocks or more....the rear caliper hoses will rub the frame if you don't flip them.

the brake hose comes into the caliper from the topside, you unbolt the brake hose (union bolt and washers) from the caliper...flip it (turn it) 180 degress.....and bolt it back on coming in from the bottom side.

see how it rubs the frame in this pic?

So with my 3 inch lowering blocks I would have to flip both rear brake lines? There is no way of flipping it w/o disconnecting the line so i dont have to bleed the brakes after? I really woould like to avoud bleeding i have not even a shadow of an idea how to bleed brakes.

Sclusive North Texas bwhitfield24's Avatar
    Thanks a ton TRILOGY

There is no way of flipping it w/o disconnecting the line so i don't have to bleed the brakes after?
    You will definately have to bleed the brakes if you open the system. Before you open the system, start off by making sure the key is off. (ABS be careful) Pump the pedal about 40 times.
    After you flip the lines and get them tight, open the bleeder screws and let them drip for awhile.
    From there it's really easy. Works better if you have 2 people but can be done with one. This will get alot of the air out. Make sure that you keep the master reservoir topped off so it does not go dry. Also make sure you keep the cap on the reservoir. Once they drip for 5 minutes or so close the bleeders.
    Now, have your assistant pump the brake pedal, then hold it down. Crack open the pass side bleeder and let the pedal go to the floor, keep it to the floor. Tighten the bleeder, let off the pedal. Pump again, bleed again etc... you want to watch the fluid coming to be sure no bubbles are in the flow.
    Once the right side is done, do the same on the left side. Top off the reservoir and you are done.