Thread: 4.3 distributor

4.3 distributor

I'm asking this for a fellow member who does not have internet right now. What would be needed to hook up a distributor to a 4.3? Would HEI be better then a stock one? Would he need a MSD box? I'm not big into distributors so I have no clue, thanks for any help.
    Too many mods to list :D
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2293608

what year 4.3? a little more info would help us better
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

Sorry I forgot it's a 89 4.3 in a 88 blazer

they are he same distributor. there is a plug in the harness tha goes to the modual(sp) and then theres another plug from the coil to the modual.
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)

Quote Originally Posted by syclonekid43 View Post
    they are he same distributor. there is a plug in the harness tha goes to the modual(sp) and then theres another plug from the coil to the modual.
    He was asking for me. Thanks carl. The thing is I have no idea how to make the stock one work without the computer. I'm taking out the tbi since I can't get it to work and I'm going to put on a 2 or 4 barrel carb. So I don't think the stock dizzy will work. I checked advance auto and they have a hei that's for the 85 chevy astro van with the 4 barrel carb and it doesn't use the tbi since it has the 4 barrel carb. Should I go ahead and get the dizzy from the astro or can I use the one I already have 2 of? I'll have the net in a day or so but till then I have to borrow it at work. Any help with be apreciated and I will respond as soon as I can. Thanks again carl.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

Not a problem man! Just tryin to help out some

Yeah I know you are. You have helped me alot. I'm still waiting for the phone and dsl to bew back on.

Check out my ride.

i have no idea. i didnt know you were goin to a carbed set up. ill see if i can search for some info in a bit for you

Quote Originally Posted by syclonekid43 View Post
    i have no idea. i didnt know you were goin to a carbed set up. ill see if i can search for some info in a bit for you
    Hey man that would be great. I'mworking so I don't have much time to look up what I need. And I'm waiting on them to turn on my phone and dsl. I have to buy everything next month cause my 2.5 went out in my 87 blazer and I don't have the money to fix that one yet so I'm gonna fix the one that is supposed to run afterwards. Well after the carb setup is installed. Thanks again.

Check out my ride.

OK I've got the net now so I need all the help I can get. I don't have a ride and really need to fix my 88 so I can drive it again.

Check out my ride.

You can't use a computer controlled distributor on a carbed engine with no computer.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

I was thinking that so will a dizzy from the 85 astro van fit my 89 4.3? they go for 104 at advance with a spot for a tach to be plugged in too. If that will work that's what I'll do. But I don't know yet.

Check out my ride.