Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does yours....?

i launched at 3 rpms in 4HI with my 350. i squaked like 3 tires!
    MY BLAZER IS FOR SALE - CHECK THE CLASSIFIEDS

$3000 O.B.O

i wish i had pics of mine before i decided to lower it i had 33's and a 3 in. body lift and it was a climbin son of a bitch, when i went to pick it up the guy told me it was a 4x4 what i was wanting, but then it turned out to be a 2wd but it was fast as hell so i took it home, first went the 3 in. body lift then 235/75's then 33's, as short wheel base as it is it would outdo any 4x4 picup up any hill, then this day i was followin one of my friends in his z71 and he has 33's also and he was leavin some foot and a half deep ruts and we were going pretty fast any way i hit one rut off and blew one of my brand new 33's right off the rim, damn i was pissed.... that was the end of my 4x4 days
    http://groups.msn.com/ExoticCustoms

this link is for my truck club, feel free to join the site is still being built but most of it is up and running.

http://www.exoticustoms.8m.com

muhahahahahaha(evil laugh):D
    check this link out:)

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/sierranaked.jpg/

Yeah me too. My 4x4 was originally bought to be lifted. I've actually still got the 3" body lift sitting in my room LoL. And justtraded the 33's for a boxer puppy. I used to be REALLY into off-roading, and learned alot of stuff that actually has helped me alot in lowering my 4x4. I know that it's not good to go fast in 4LO, and even worst to do it on pavement. You can really go a decent speed in 4HI, but it's not good to do it on pavement.
    If you want the gear of 4LO, but not the wear and tear,...there is a kit sold by some off-roading company, name of which i cant remember...anyways, it's not very exspensive either. It is a kit that attachs to thr front diff and comes through into the cab, when you engage 4LO, you pull this cord which DIS-engages your front diff, and leaves you with 4LO transfer case gearing, but only going to the rearend. It's like a granny gear. IF i can find my old info, i'll post the company, the kit was only like $30 it was pretty cheap.
    ~85' S-10 4x4 Blazer
    ~Freshly rebuilt 2.8, with painted goodies
    ~18" chrome Platnum Type 121 (will do for now) wrapped in 225/40 BFG's
    ~Shaved emblems and fender trim
    ~Fancy Alpine headunit, Pionneer highs and mids at the corners, Xtant 600 watt class D amp, JL 12w7 in custom enclosure -hit 141.5db- (little plexiglass for looks) 4 guage Monster wires and other exspensive tid-bits i don't really need
    ~Smoothy front bumper painted to match, rollpan
    ~Shaved door handles
    INSTALLED my 3 pump Red's competition hydraulic setup, chain bridge/coil over
    Can we say, "standing 3-wheel?"
    -To Be-
    ~Euro tails and clear corners ~Shaved moldings, roof rack
    ~Poly Blue paint from a Mitsu.VR4, blue, red, and black pearls (in the can, in the garage)

Sounds like you're describing the posi-lok. Basically just a choke cable and brackets. Sells for around $120, but you can get the same thing in a lot of different and cheaper ways.
    94 Blazer 4dr, 4.3, solid axle D44/9", spring over, 33" MT's
    88 Blazer 2dr, 4.3, 4x4, baby crap two tone, future plans include swaybars, AWD, lowering 3", and eventually a V8.

That may be it, all i know is you pull a cable that comes through your firewall and it disengages the front diff. I saw it like real cheap, still havn't found it but i know it was cheaper then $120. I also remember looking in the tech section of S10-4x4.com along time ago and seeing the homemade version of it. That could very well be what i'm thinking about though, about $30 to MAKE it yourself. I'm not sure.
    ~85' S-10 4x4 Blazer
    ~Freshly rebuilt 2.8, with painted goodies
    ~18" chrome Platnum Type 121 (will do for now) wrapped in 225/40 BFG's
    ~Shaved emblems and fender trim
    ~Fancy Alpine headunit, Pionneer highs and mids at the corners, Xtant 600 watt class D amp, JL 12w7 in custom enclosure -hit 141.5db- (little plexiglass for looks) 4 guage Monster wires and other exspensive tid-bits i don't really need
    ~Smoothy front bumper painted to match, rollpan
    ~Shaved door handles
    INSTALLED my 3 pump Red's competition hydraulic setup, chain bridge/coil over
    Can we say, "standing 3-wheel?"
    -To Be-
    ~Euro tails and clear corners ~Shaved moldings, roof rack
    ~Poly Blue paint from a Mitsu.VR4, blue, red, and black pearls (in the can, in the garage)