Thread: hey just found this forum i have a question about my 84 blazer

84 square body

hey just found this forum i have a question about my 84 blazer

im looking to shop the top about 2 inches on it sounds simple but i wanna make sure i just measure it off how i want to cut it make sure all 4 post are the same bend them somehow i guess with a long hollow pipe or something then weld the top back on. i know i have to remove all of the glass first but does that sound like thats about it or is there something i should watch for?

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    there are alot of steps involved... first what is you plans for the rear three windows? that can change alot of how you chop it...
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

84 square body
    for the back three windows i was thinking of finding somewhere to custom make the 2 side ones to fit and the back one i want to somehow make it roll down just gotta figure out how to run a track and everything were it will work right

1st gen luv
    I can't be too much help on this, but if you need ideas for how the roll down rear glass would work you could check out a old full size bronco at a junk yard (where else to find a ford.lol) they got the roll down rears.

If i remember correctly the windows on them are shorter too. Maybe you could take the tracks/motor from one and mod it to work for you.

Good luck and please post progress pics. Sounds like it'll be interesting.

old suburbans have a power rear window. youcould get the track out of one of those and mod it. just a suggestion.
    2000 Red Dime sitting low.and pretty.

1st gen luv
    That's even better. Then you wouldn't have a (shudders) ford part on your blaze.:D

84 square body

thanks

thanks for the tip on the back glass i will get some pics up soon still looking for something on the top though im gonna do a rag top all the way down hopefully anyone know where i could get one that size?

hey don't start till u no what your doing and have done a lot of home work. there is a lot more involved then just cutting both then re welding. the roof might have to be lengthens and widened. they u have the windshield and everything to deal with. if u have to get it cut or get a new one made! if u gonna use the stock 1 u have to lean the glass back or u have to cut the cowl and drop it the hight of the chop!

to measure the amount of the chop u have to determine where your going to make your lower cut! then u mark the line parallel to the ground! and with a tape measure or a square use the line u made and measure up the desired around of chop( in your case 2 inches ) then u make that line. it will give u a vertical drop and a true 2 inch chop!.

if u make a line then just measure up 2 inches. u will not get a full 2 inch chop and u might be rather pissed! since its on an angle ur goin to cut out more then 2 inches. probley like 2 3/4 or so.

thats just some of the stuff.

then u need to worry bout ur door glass b/c when u cut the door frame , your going to have to change the angle of that and the glass and then u have to make sure it all works wit the stuff inside!

there is a lot involved! get help from some1 that has done it and do a lot of home work! OR

the worce thing that can happen is ruin the truck! theres no goin back from a chop!

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    do you pan on quartering the roof or laying the windshield posts back?
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

84 square body
    laying the windshield post back sounds like a lot trust me im not cutting it till i know what im doing lol im still working on getting the body right im just getting some ideas of what im getting into and what to expect