Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheep Preformance

Quote Originally Posted by x_concepts View Post
    Could that be due to the fact that it was a rear mount turbo and had lots of piping?
    that would be a good assumption

I'm not denying "qualified" results or videos, I just have a credibility issue when he stated that he doubled his power at 7-8 PSI boost, when all the rest of the world doubles power at 14.7 PSI.

Some of the threads where questions are asked in S10forum make for interesting reading.

Eat.Sleep.Lift...repeat EmptyPockets's Avatar
    he cant spell cheap right...i doubt he can do some preformance mods to his truck.

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyPockets View Post
    he cant spell cheap right...i doubt he can do some preformance mods to his truck.
    BTW its Performance
    A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

'94 Bravada
    '67 Chevelle
    '73 Chevelle

Besides Conor, you drive a Ford now, we are just being nice to you. ;)
    Otter fan club CEO

Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    dont worry i like them black too. :omg:
    "A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."
    Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Quote Originally Posted by RailBlazer View Post
    I agree with saving money and I tried the junkyard fans swap on my first blazer. Ended up spending more money on alternators and batteries due to the draw on the system taking out parts. Plus it was a pain to wire in and deal with. The Flex-a-lites are worth the money for me just to do it right, save the headache, ease the install process and have a warranty in case the shit goes bad.

To his their own.
    well then how about this, you take the 300 bucks

subtract 10 for the fan, your left with 290. take 200 of that and get a high output alt. then you still ahve 90 left for underdrive pullies and a tbi spacer.

Quote Originally Posted by low86blazer View Post

if it were that easy and cheap lycan would have a turbo.

He did have a turbo but left his windows up in the summer and all his solder joints melted.:D
    Genius by birth, Slacker by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by tippmann243 View Post
    well then how about this, you take the 300 bucks

subtract 10 for the fan, your left with 290. take 200 of that and get a high output alt. then you still ahve 90 left for underdrive pullies and a tbi spacer.
    I bought both just because I wanted to, and the underdrive pulleys are for sale now. They didnt do a damn thing for mine. Didnt hardly gain a thing. Only made it overheat in traffic. Not happy with the underdrive pulleys. I have a 200amp alt. And I dont have a tbi truck, mine is CPI. Not very convinced on throttle body spacers either. I have seen them on dynos and not very many different vehicles gain from them. But like I said, this is just my opinions and experience. Different people like different things and do things different ways. I will spend the extra money for an easier cleaner install and a warranty. Better looking and performing in my eyes

next to sex my z is best tahoeSS's Avatar
    dyno's are for tuning!
    tbi spacers do work
    84 s10 X-cab,5.7/700r4,c5 wagonwheels;)
    88 s15 350/350,3800 under reconstruction:D
    96 z28 5.7,m6 a few things done:boink:
    95 z28,6.0,t400,4000stall +more:nono:

I bought both just because I wanted to, and the underdrive pulleys are for sale now. They didnt do a damn thing for mine. Didnt hardly gain a thing. Only made it overheat in traffic. Not happy with the underdrive pulleys. I have a 200amp alt. And I dont have a tbi truck, mine is CPI. Not very convinced on throttle body spacers either. I have seen them on dynos and not very many different vehicles gain from them. But like I said, this is just my opinions and experience. Different people like different things and do things different ways. I will spend the extra money for an easier cleaner install and a warranty. Better looking and performing in my eyes
    well for starters if the truck your are referring to is the one in your avatar its not a cpi motor.

i have pullies a throttle body spacer and an e-fan on my motor. (along with some other goodies ;) )

the pullies i feel helped a lot for how much i paid for them. they help the motor rev quicker. if pullies are making you over heat in traffic you have other problems.

spacer helped my overall power band since its a hogged out unit it upped my plenum volume which tbi motors LOVE. then again spacers only work on carbed/tbi trucks

my e-fan works perfect and ive had many people compliment me on my install and be in awe at how stock it looks. ill take an oem unit over an aftermaret unit any day. like previosuly stated OEM pieces have a lot more R/D done then aftermarket units. plus i look at it this way they are easy to come by and if the fan shoots shit it was only 10 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    You must have swapped out a 96 motor for an 88-95 tbi motor then huh?
    Na i didnt but some one did b4 i bought the blaze

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyPockets View Post
    dude just b/c some one cant spell dose not mean he is not smart... I was never good at English, but i was good at just about every thing else. And yes I can work on cars and have been doing so for quite a while now.
    Last edited by DbBlazer; 06-28-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tahoeSS View Post
    dyno's are for tuning!
    tbi spacers do work
    Dynos are not just for tuning. and how do you know spacers work? Do you have numbers? or are you just going off of your ass of the pants dyno? :p:

I dont consider something to work unless I see real numbers on them. If they show real gains, cool if not I dont want it. Companies can claim all they want, til I know for sure what they do for myself I dont believe it.

and the pulleys are the problem for my overheating in traffic. I put my stock set up back on and didnt change a thing and now I am not overheating. I dont have any other problems.

And yeah I think you are right. My engine is a MPFI right it was after the CPI switch huh:
    Last edited by RailBlazer; 06-28-2007 at 08:59 PM.

Dynos are not just for tuning. and how do you know spacers work? Do you have numbers? or are you just going off of your ass of the pants dyno? :p:

I dont consider something to work unless I see real numbers on them. If they show real gains, cool if not I dont want it. Companies can claim all they want, til I know for sure what they do for myself I dont believe it.

and the pulleys are the problem for my overheating in traffic. I put my stock set up back on and didnt change a thing and now I am not overheating. I dont have any other problems.

And yeah I think you are right. My engine is a MPFI right it was after the CPI switch huh:
    spacers increase plenum volume which tbi motors like. its dyno proven that tbi and carbed motors will show a HP/TQ gain with a spacer installed.

Ok what do you guys think of ecm tuning? would it be better to get like a hyper tech programmer or to have like a shop or some one else do it?

Blacked out member. Mistersponge's Avatar
    LS2 Swap. :thumbsup:
    -Brian
    02 Blazer Xtreme
    57 Chevy Bel Air
    Quote Originally Posted by DbBlazer View Post
    dude what do u think a trubo is? it is just a fan