Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally found some...

Finally found some...

I was pretty sure that they made headers to where you didn't have to remove your steering column to install them. Finally a friend of mine who i hadn't spoken to in a good while let me get my hands on a set of his chrome plated ones. The plating on it is good for 600 hp almost 200 more than i plan on making, and wahlah no moving the steering column, WHEW!

pics...
    Last edited by BlownAMC; 07-04-2007 at 07:47 AM.
    from the scion to the blazer, the daily grind is always there.

1. Those are headers, not heads. Well actually, they are more like modified manifolds.

2. I wasnt aware that chrome plating has a horsepower rating :confused:

3. Even with headers, you dont have to move your steering column.

Blacked out member. Mistersponge's Avatar
    Yea, never heard of hp rated chrome. . .
    -Brian
    02 Blazer Xtreme
    57 Chevy Bel Air
    Quote Originally Posted by DbBlazer View Post
    dude what do u think a trubo is? it is just a fan

you need better friends.
    Otter fan club CEO

Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    dont worry i like them black too. :omg:
    "A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."
    Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistersponge View Post
    Yea, never heard of hp rated chrome. . .
    Yeah, I wish I knew about that before. Now im afraid to mod my engine more in case my aluminum wheels cant take that kind of horsepower.

But I think I'll be OK, because my chrome plated valve covers are rated to 800hp. :whew:

:evil:

You wont make any kinda hp any way with them things.

edit: also it looks like those will run straight into your firewall. maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

Those look like those POS that guy had on ebay awhile back trying to pawn off on some unlucky fool. You woulda been better off just getting the camaro manifolds. What is the big deal about removing the steering shaft anyways? You can put a V8 in a dime but the removing the steering shaft gets to ya.
    Last edited by neo71665; 07-04-2007 at 12:16 AM.
    stock-87 blazer tahoe 2 door, 3.4, auto, 4x4

inside- All LEDs, overhead console, white faced gauges, smoothed panels, Camo cloth, radio and speakers, keyless entry

outside- 1/2 lift, 3 inch bl, clears, H4 conv headlights, Euro red tails, all LEDs

motor- 2.8 fiero valve covers, headers, flowmaster 40, 10 in chrome edelbrock cleaner with K&N, silicone vacuum hoses

Quote Originally Posted by low86blazer View Post
    You wont make any kinda hp any way with them things.

edit: also it looks like those will run straight into your firewall. maybe?
    from the picture it doesnt look like there are any flanges on ends of the pipe.

So you're gonna have to get flanges welded to the ends.

More work than removing the steering column. You have to remove the streering column, then replace it. Not move its physical location.

You would be better off with the shorty headers by Hedman or Camaro manifolds

whenever a set of heads are chrome plated, the thickness the headers are plated are rated at hp, or i guess i should say the higher the hp the more heat generated?

What i probably should have said is that the chrome plating won't crack.

Oh yeh and my bad on the typo, i had just gotten off of work then i wrote this up.

These came off of a 11 sec. s10 my friend has.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Low View Post

3. Even with headers, you dont have to move your steering column.
    I'm building a 350 for an 88 s-10, if i were to buy the conversion kit, that jeggs sells, yes i would have had to remove the steering column to install the right side. The two middle pipes extend out and flow behind the steering column, meaning you have to remove it. The guy who sold them to me has 2 11 second s10's, and one 12 second s-10, and i have seen both of them. I think i'm gonna trust his opinion.

To the guy about the flanges, yeh they are going to need flanges but, i'm not gonna have them welded on, Mr. Gasket makes a bolt on kit that i'm going to run for my cut-offs.
    Last edited by BlownAMC; 07-04-2007 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neo71665 View Post
    You can put a V8 in a dime but the removing the steering shaft gets to ya.
    wouldn't you like to make removing and installing an engine, once or twice, if not several times as easy as it could be?

Quote Originally Posted by BlownAMC View Post
    I'm building a 350 for an 88 s-10, if i were to buy the conversion kit, that jeggs sells, yes i would have had to remove the steering column to install the right side. The two middle pipes extend out and flow behind the steering column, meaning you have to remove it. The guy who sold them to me has 2 11 second s10's, and one 12 second s-10, and i have seen both of them. I think i'm gonna trust his opinion.

To the guy about the flanges, yeh they are going to need flanges but, i'm not gonna have them welded on, Mr. Gasket makes a bolt on kit that i'm going to run for my cut-offs.
    who gives a fly fuck what his trucks run. you thing just because he has some fast trucks he is a fucking s-10 god or some shit? your buddie is prolly just as much of a tool as you are.

i dont even have a v8'ed truck and i could prolly tell him how to do a swap better.

also you dont have to remove the steering colum you have to remove the steering SHAFT! there is a huge fucking difference.

95% of the v8 trucks run a conversion header that runs around the steering shaft. it wont make removing the engine much harder then if you ran your log style manifold. you have to remove 8 header bolts and 3 collector bolts. thats all of 10 min of work.

that must be a bitchin motor if he can run 11's and 12's with a shitty flowing manifold like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BlownAMC View Post
    wouldn't you like to make removing and installing an engine, once or twice, if not several times as easy as it could be?
    It was just an odd comment considering ther rest of the activities required to support the install.

Regarding Flanges - there is no need to add flanges just continue the piping like a regular exhaust it can be argued that flex is needed somewhere but I haven't had any issues on my 88 yet.

Just because its V8'ed doesn't make it a 11 or 12 second ride so I'm calling :bs: on someone owning TWO 11 sec and ONE 12 sec. Post up some links to his rides.

Odds are, if he posts on a forum, we'll know him.

a nice 3 truck pic like this would be cool

LS1, carbed and LT1

http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/attac...0&d=1067818400

I am raising the BS flag too on your friend owning 2 11 sec and 1 12 sec V8 trucks. Plus get it right they are called headers not heads. or in your case overpriced garbage from advance adapters.

Also you are gonna complain about undoing a couple of bolts to undo the rag joint on a steering SHAFT ? thats the least of your worries when doing a V8 swap.
    Last edited by slammins15; 07-04-2007 at 09:55 AM.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!