Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally found some...

wow man fuck this forum, the only decent v8 swap on here sounds like it took forever to get right. I'll take my chances with a guy who does v8 swaps for a living and has race trucks to prove it with. Just thought i would share some good news on finding some nice headers, later.
    Last edited by BlownAMC; 07-04-2007 at 10:29 AM.
    from the scion to the blazer, the daily grind is always there.

Dude there is dozens of people with v8ed s10's and blazers on here with a LARGE amound of knowledge. All people are trying to tell you is that if your going to use those log style headers, why not just run manifolds. They will be even less of a pain in the ass then those over priced slick fits.

I run the headman shorty's but hated the collector flange position. So I cut it off and welded on enough pipe to bring the flange down under the truck to make it much more accessable. To me the steering shaft is a bit of a pain but nothing to warent running those headers....

BTW.. for those of us who got the swap "wrong", my truck was daily drivin untill I bought a Colorado.
    Last edited by 1stgen 305; 07-04-2007 at 11:50 AM.
    Jay

There's only one way to describe your current state of mind, heart and attitude: You're a loose cannon.

Banned
    ive said it once ill say it again, those are manifolds LOL

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    ive said it once ill say it again, those are manifolds LOL
    yup they look like what comes stock on v6 mustangs

Blacked out member. Mistersponge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slammins15 View Post
    I am raising the BS flag too on your friend owning 2 11 sec and 1 12 sec V8 trucks. Plus get it right they are called headers not heads. or in your case overpriced garbage from advance adapters.

Also you are gonna complain about undoing a couple of bolts to undo the rag joint on a steering SHAFT ? thats the least of your worries when doing a V8 swap.
    Awesome flag, I've never seen that
    -Brian
    02 Blazer Xtreme
    57 Chevy Bel Air
    Quote Originally Posted by DbBlazer View Post
    dude what do u think a trubo is? it is just a fan

Quote Originally Posted by BlownAMC View Post
    wow man fuck this forum, the only decent v8 swap on here sounds like it took forever to get right. I'll take my chances with a guy who does v8 swaps for a living and has race trucks to prove it with. Just thought i would share some good news on finding some nice headers, later.

Which is the only decent V8 swap on here?
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Quote Originally Posted by slammins15 View Post
    Which is the only decent V8 swap on here?
    X2 on wanting to see that. Seems like someone is trying to blow smoke up our asses here. Hell I haven't even attempted a V8 swap in a dime much less helped someone do it but, from the knowledge i've learned on here I could probably do it within a month or so if I took my time. And yeah, those are some shitty ass looking manifolds that your buddy sold you dude. Get it right and go with some Hedman headers and make your life easier... -Josh
    85' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.8L*Sold*
    88' S-10 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.5L *Sold*
    88' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD R Code 2.8L *Daily Project*
    89' Jimmy 2dr 2WD Z Code 4.3L TBI *Parts Truck*
    92' Jimmy 4Dr 2WD W Code 4.3L Vortec *Sold*

Quote Originally Posted by FeTTo View Post
    please tell me you just took your stupid pill before posting that :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Grow up or at least get a little thicker skin. This isn't a ricer board where unsubstantiated claims are accepted.

your "fuck this forum" response was anticipatable. A couple pics or links would have at least made this thread interesting but without pics or videos We haven't seen anything 11 or 12 sec "proved".

Much anticipated. thats the typical if someone says one thing and you beleive it and then question it or comment about it, then someone tells you otherwise, with proof and years of knowledge that it does not work that way, your the first to jump the gun and protect your pride because it was a friend that told you and your hard earned money was used to purchase the item.

my advice is dont ask multiple questions about a topic such as the sbc conversion then when you dont get resoponses that you wanted to hear like, "damn those are some awsome headers or "heads", then get responses like what was said above. Then get all defensive because your friend pwned you. I even gave you suggestions in your other thread about getting all new bearings but you knew your self that you werent gonna change the cam bearings anyway weather or not we said you should. Why are we even wasting are time with you if your gonna do waht you wanna do anyway. So in that case no need to get snippy you do what you want, because it is just our opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?

wouldn't you like to make removing and installing an engine, once or twice, if not several times as easy as it could be?
    also if you build right the first time the only reason you should have to remove the engine after that is to add more performance parts if you upgrade.

Why do you have to keep removing it? If you searched on here and read up on the sbc threads, you would know what needs hammered back, removed and fabricated. No need to remove the motor many times to get it right if you prepare for it. But hey...fuck this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?

Don't listen to these guys here.. Unless you are making 500+ HP THOSE LOG STYLE HEADERS/MANIFOLDS WILL WORK FINE. You are not going to loose any HP by using them. If I were to guess I would bet a set of big long tube ugly pain in the ass headers may give you an extra 5HP at higher RPMs..

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by low86blazer View Post
    You wont make any kinda hp any way with them things.

edit: also it looks like those will run straight into your firewall. maybe?
    I would be afraid to see how fast Doug's Blazer is with some good headers than... lol

You wanna know why my response is so typical and "anticipated" because maybe that is how you treat everyone that may not know quite as much as you at the conversion, a simple suggestion, or question about them would have been better than completely shooting them down. Yes i realize i made a typo in forgetting to put two letters to make the word almost different, but please i have done my fair share of motor work, I admit this is my first time messing with chevy's, but i'm coming from a mopar family and dipping into a swap i know almost nothing about.

About my friend with the trucks, if the dude was into anything else than his truck im sure we would have some videos BUT, this is just one of those guys that lives in the boonies and has nothing else to do but wrench to pass the time. If i had pics on the net i would be more than happy to show them, but i don't.

I thought this forum was for help, not criticism, that is why you got your much and acitipated response, "fuck this forum." Read up on some of the responses, most questionably the 12th response to this thread starting out as "who gives a fly fuck what his trucks run." Yeh, ok im gonna get defensive cause some idiot decides to chime in with his two sense rather than giving me a constructive opinion.

If people need to come in here with thicker skin, then maybe you should cut some slack to the people who haven't been here a while, and don't know how thick of a skin they should have.
    Last edited by BlownAMC; 07-04-2007 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    Don't listen to these guys here.. Unless you are making 500+ HP THOSE LOG STYLE HEADERS/MANIFOLDS WILL WORK FINE. You are not going to loose any HP by using them. If I were to guess I would bet a set of big long tube ugly pain in the ass headers may give you an extra 5HP at higher RPMs..

-Matt
    Thanks, this is not going to be a race truck, it is going to be a cruise truck at best, that is why i WAS gonna go with them, but i just ordered some different ones off of ebay. Most people said they weren't worth it, and because i don't know alot im gonna take the better judgement of people who do.

These are the ones i ordered:

BETTER???

I appreciate constructive criticism, but what i don't appreciate is me, someone who doesn't know alot about the swap, getting smack for making a mistake and then getting hammered for it. SORRY.

Quote Originally Posted by low86blazer View Post
    also if you build right the first time the only reason you should have to remove the engine after that is to add more performance parts if you upgrade.
    MY cam bearings are questionable at best, that is why im afraid im going to have to tear it down after running it for the first time. They could be good, or i might just have low oil pressure, before i spend the extra money, i'm going to see. I think they are alright and have been told, but i really won't know until i fire the truck for the first time. I jsut don't have time or money to tear the block apart right now. If i get atleats 50psi in oil pressure i will be happy.