Thread: Stutter problem

LS1/9 inch curry rear end blazingrip's Avatar

Stutter problem

My blazer has an ls1 in it and 6 speed tranny so you know. My problem is when I hit the gas medium to hard it stutters and then gos. It seems like a fuel problem but I have a High flow fuel pump in it so I'm not sure what else to look at. Any thoughts are welcome. thanks

Dude it could be a number of things. How old is the engine? Does it only happen when you have the peddle pressed a certain amount or just whenever you accelerate? Whens the last time you checked the plugs? Have a fuel pressure gauge? Is it stock?
    Last edited by mrleprichaun; 01-28-2010 at 08:03 PM.

ya could be a number of things, just because it has a high flow pump doesnt mean the pump isnt worn out. how up to date is all the maintenance on it. and i believe the word your looking for is hesitates, not stutters lol

LS1/9 inch curry rear end blazingrip's Avatar
    stutters worked just fine but hesitate will work. It's a 2000 motor with 40,000 on it. I put it in a little over a year ago. I usually just notice it when i accelerate medium to hard. I do have a fuel pressure gauge in the engine compartment. When i have checked it after the problem has happened it seems to running a bit low. It has bolt ons but no major engine work. I keep it well maintained and the high flow pump is only a year old so it shouldn't be worn out. thanks for the help

according to my info you should have around 40-47 PSI of fuel pressure KOEO, and 30-44 KOER. with the pump deadheaded for a second you should get 47 PSI. check and see what ya got.

I second Turner, and if that shows nothing you might check your tps(Throttle posistion sensor).