Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C6 Z06 brakes on a blazer!!

Looks good. However I dont really understand why you spent $3500 on brakes when your engine is stock and your truck came with dual caliper brakes in the first place.

Speaking of which, do you still have them? Interested in selling?
    VLAD

My 95

Damn, looks good man. Keep us updated on how they work.

<--------400 :)

-jeff

Quote Originally Posted by x_concepts View Post
    Looks good. However I dont really understand why you spent $3500 on brakes when your engine is stock and your truck came with dual caliper brakes in the first place.

Speaking of which, do you still have them? Interested in selling?
    I had terible brake fade with my old brakes. i am a very spirited driver and i can't even go down my favorite road without getting brake fade. also the size of your motor has nothing to do with the size of your brakes. good driving technique is to brake before you enter a turn and drive through it.

yes i still have them. i do not have a parking brake for the rears though. i am intested in selling them but there are some others that are interested. i will let you know if i get an auction going.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPanic View Post
    Damn, looks good man. Keep us updated on how they work.
    Will do. I think i am going to change the master cylinder. I prefer more of a front biased brake system. the blazer rear rotors are larger than the fronts, so i don't know how that is going to work out. the caliper is smaller though so it may balance its self out.
    Last edited by redxtrmeblazer; 08-08-2007 at 07:53 PM.
    Red Blazer stock on black 18s
    Brakes are in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redxtrmeblazer View Post
    I had terible brake fade with my old brakes. i am a very spirited driver and i can't even go down my favorite road without getting brake fade. also the size of your motor has nothing to do with the size of your brakes. good driving technique is to brake before you enter a turn and drive through it.
    Your brake fade could have been some air bubbles in lines, or a faulty wheel sensor.

True, your motor has nothing to do w/ brakes, but why would you upgrade brakes that are almost identical to what came on ls1 camaro's and gto's when you are not doing anything radical to your engine? Whats the purpose of all that stopping power if your truck still hits the governor at 98 mph and takes a lifetime to get there? Just wondering...
    VLAD

My 95

Your brake fade could have been some air bubbles in lines, or a faulty wheel sensor.

True, your motor has nothing to do w/ brakes, but why would you upgrade brakes that are almost identical to what came on ls1 camaro's and gto's when you are not doing anything radical to your engine? Whats the purpose of all that stopping power if your truck still hits the governor at 98 mph and takes a lifetime to get there? Just wondering...
    who gives a fuck how long it takes to get to 98 MPH how about much much quicker he can go to 98-0mph

agreed... with this guy^

and i didn't know that gto's came with 6 piston calipers and 14inch rotors. not only do you gain performance aspects, you also gain appearance points. a full brake looks much better that a shitty stock one. it also helps with rolling wieght of larger wheels. no matter how you put it, i still have made a great purchase. and i am glad i did it when i did because it is hard to get ahold of the guy that made them for me.

oh yeah, i plan on running some autocross in a top heavy vehicle, until i pay it off and buy a car to build. e36 bmw or g35/37, undecided on how much i want to drive it around town the bmw would get a full race chassis.

other than that i bled the brakes and the truck has done it since the day i bought it. i also don't see how a faulty sensor would create brake fade. when my abs kicks in they grab and let go, grab and let go, grab and let go...

the brake fade is just me pressing on the pedal and the truck doesn't slow down like it did at the begining of the road.

next question...
    Last edited by redxtrmeblazer; 08-21-2007 at 02:05 PM.
    Brakes are in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tippmann243 View Post
    who gives a fuck how long it takes to get to 98 MPH how about much much quicker he can go to 98-0mph
    :D

and i didn't know that gto's came with 6 piston 14inch rotors
    I didnt either. I didnt even know they make 6 piston rotors...
    VLAD

My 95

brakes must be more intact for 4x4. they got the most activities but also same for racing cars.

:nono:

:boink:

Quote Originally Posted by redxtrmeblazer View Post
    Front setup, ZO6 14" zinc washed rotors, 6 piston red calipers, Bell Tech 2102 dropped spindles, Blazer hubs w/ abs sensors, zinc coated front adapter brackets, braided SS line set (DOT legal)
    Rear setup, Z06 13" zinc washed rotors, 4 piston red calipers, zinc coated rear adapter brackets, braided SS line set (DOT legal), axle lines, and all hardware needed to install $3500

plus ceramic pads $250
    Big Bad Corvette calipers showing behind your black 20's.....priceless!

Those look excellent!
    19kfox:cool:

So when you going to post a pic of it on the ground? I hate red but your Blazer looks good with it.

when it gets on the ground, I am still waiting on the ebrake clables and bracket.
    I also need to extend the rear brakeline, not sure if im gonna use braided ss or just make a new metal line.

Those wheels are also only 18s, but i am itching to by some forged gunmetal 19s.

sleepyhead what do you mean about brakes being more intact?
    the stock brackets are the same thickness and cast.
    these will be fine
    Brakes are in!!!

I think it's a good idea to be able to brake fast before you go fast, the other way around usually doesnt end so well.

Blazer looks sweet man, i like the C6 ZO6 brakes. I am going to run the same setup on my Sonoma GT one day, unless they comeout with something better.

The ebrake kits will be done here shortly and shipped to you.
    Mike
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492
    Full Resto w/383 E85 LM7/T56
    License Plate= CRN FED
    Working on it slowly but surely.

1992 GMC Typhoon #1104

2003 Silverado Ext Cab
    Daily driver

Member of H.A.S.T.E.
    www.h-a-s-t-e.com

so i'm looking at doing the LS1 rear brakes soon, is there any other way to hook up the e-brake or anyone else selling the kit? just want to know when i pay for the kit it will be coming in the mail in a coulpe of weeks not a couple of years
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

Quote Originally Posted by blazin4low View Post
    so i'm looking at doing the LS1 rear brakes soon, is there any other way to hook up the e-brake or anyone else selling the kit? just want to know when i pay for the kit it will be coming in the mail in a coulpe of weeks not a couple of years

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthrea...ebrake+bracket