Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: what trans 94 sonoma 5spd

  1. #1
    will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    7,295

    what trans 94 sonoma 5spd

    what trans is in a 94 s10/sonoma 5spd 2.2? is it a t5? or what else?
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

    Street Source page

    Projects i've done

    V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lyndon, Kansas
    Posts
    7,511
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/search.php



    lol yeah im pretty sure its a t5


    89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

    Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

  3. #3
    Let's Go Pens! S/T Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,250
    I thought it would be an nv3500 unless they are only in v6's?
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.


    In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

  4. #4
    long member bigdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Butler, KY
    Posts
    1,404
    is it a one piece tranny or does the bellhousing unbolt from it? it is prolly a t-5 because i think the nv3500 were only on v6's.
    2000 Red Dime sitting low.and pretty.

  5. #5
    member 178 ti28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Near Shitcago,IL
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by S/T Lover View Post
    I thought it would be an nv3500 unless they are only in v6's?
    s/t your correct.but that didnt come into play untill late 97 (10/97 and up) -------my edit

    theres a few trans that came in that truck. to tell them apart theres one way.. one trans has a fill tube like a automatic and the other doesnt

    no fill tube is a 5 Speed, Borg Warner (RPO - MW1)

    with fill tube 5 Speed, Hydramatic ( RPO - MG5/MY2/M50)

    what trans would you be looking for? i pulled this info from alldata
    Last edited by ti28; 08-09-2007 at 09:03 AM.

  6. #6
    Member #356 alowerlevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Jersey 08109
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by ti28 View Post
    s/t your correct.but that didnt come into play untill the 2nd gens
    :confused: :confused: A '94 Sonoma is a 2nd gen
    A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

    '94 Bravada
    '67 Chevelle
    '73 Chevelle

  7. #7
    member 178 ti28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Near Shitcago,IL
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by alowerlevel View Post
    :confused: :confused: A '94 Sonoma is a 2nd gen


    my bad let me rephrase that.. it didnt come into play untill the new style front end 98...why i was thinking 2nd gen i do not know..im sorry..maybe just a little to early yet...


    so the nv3500 did not start until 10/97 and up..so 98

  8. #8
    Member #356 alowerlevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Jersey 08109
    Posts
    1,155
    True, there was the nv1500 and the t-5 which were used behind the 4cyl's. But I cant narrow it down if it was a nv1500 or a t-5 used behind the 2.2 in '94. I know the nv1500 was used in '95 for the 2.2 but Im not sure about '94
    Last edited by alowerlevel; 08-09-2007 at 09:15 AM.
    A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

    '94 Bravada
    '67 Chevelle
    '73 Chevelle

  9. #9
    member 178 ti28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Near Shitcago,IL
    Posts
    2,553
    the nv15000 and 3500 wasnt used untill late 97... 94,95 was t5 or hydramatic and 96 was just a t5 and then late 97 nv15 and 35 were used
    Last edited by ti28; 08-09-2007 at 09:57 AM.

  10. #10
    Zombie Killer 6SpeedBlazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lake St. Louis
    Posts
    6,594
    WAY to much misinformation in this thread

    94-95 2.2's got the t5
    96+ 2.2's got the nv1500

    the nv3500 was used on all 4.3 manual applications from 1990-1997

    then in 1998 the nv3500 got redeisgned to use a concentric slave cylinder and have a different shifter location as well as different gear ratios.

    /thread

  11. #11
    member 178 ti28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Near Shitcago,IL
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by tippmann243 View Post
    WAY to much misinformation in this thread

    94-95 2.2's got the t5
    96+ 2.2's got the nv1500

    the nv3500 was used on all 4.3 manual applications from 1990-1997

    then in 1998 the nv3500 got redeisgned to use a concentric slave cylinder and have a different shifter location as well as different gear ratios.

    /thread
    i dont think that your correct on all of that..i just looked up a 95 s10 pickup 4.3 5 speed and it says two things

    5 Speed, Borg Warner (MW1)
    5 Speed, Hydramatic (MG5/MY2/M50)



    so your gonna tell me alldata is wrong? i know what i read!!im not trying to start anything..but thats what alldata says.. and i dont think that a multi thousand dollar program is gonna be wrong.. i know for a fact that gm dealers use this program cause thats were i got it from..if youd like i will give you and just you the user name and password for you to see for yourself.

    i stand my ground untill i am proven wrong! if i am proven wrong with good hard proof. i will say i was wrong but like said before i doubt that alldata is wrong..and if they are they need to have that shit fix!!
    Last edited by ti28; 08-09-2007 at 11:22 AM.

  12. #12
    Zombie Killer 6SpeedBlazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lake St. Louis
    Posts
    6,594
    Quote Originally Posted by ti28 View Post
    i dont think that your correct on all of that..i just looked up a 95 s10 pickup 4.3 5 speed and it says two things

    • 5 Speed, Borg Warner (MW1)
    • 5 Speed, Hydramatic (MG5/MY2/M50)



    so your gonna tell me alldata is wrong? i know what i read!!im not trying to start anything..but thats what alldata says.. and i dont think that a multi thousand dollar program is gonna be wrong.. i know for a fact that gm dealers use this program cause thats were i got it from..if youd like i will give you and just you the user name and password for you to see for yourself.

    i stand my ground untill i am proven wrong! if i am proven wrong with good hard proof. i will say i was wrong but like said before i doubt that alldata is wrong..and if they are they need to have that shit fix!!
    yes i am telling you that you are wrong. all data also says that a manaul transmission for a camaro/corvette is a getrag, when its either a teremic/borg warner trans.

    but if you would like proof ill hunt some down for ya

    here is a little bit, says the nv3500 was used in c/k from 88-96 and s/t trucks from 90-96
    http://www.drivetrain.com/getragHM290.html

    here is a picture of an nv3500
    http://jeep.undrground.org/tech/3550/images/3500.jpg

    this is what i took out of my 93 4.3 5 speed truck
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...243/nv3500.jpg

    one last one so you dont bitch since one picture is from a jeep
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Venture_Gear
    Last edited by 6SpeedBlazer; 08-09-2007 at 12:33 PM.

  13. #13
    member 178 ti28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Near Shitcago,IL
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by tippmann243 View Post
    yes i am telling you that you are wrong. all data also says that a manaul transmission for a camaro/corvette is a getrag, when its either a teremic/borg warner trans.

    but if you would like proof ill hunt some down for ya

    here is a little bit, says the nv3500 was used in c/k from 88-96 and s/t trucks from 90-96
    http://www.drivetrain.com/getragHM290.html

    here is a picture of an nv3500
    http://jeep.undrground.org/tech/3550/images/3500.jpg

    this is what i took out of my 93 4.3 5 speed truck
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...243/nv3500.jpg

    one last one so you dont bitch since one picture is from a jeep
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Venture_Gear
    i just looked up a 2000 camaro and it says
    • 5 Speed, Borg Warner, Tremec
    • 6 Speed, Borg Warner, Tremec T56

    so i dont know were you got that info.i never even heard of a getrag!

    and what you pulled out of you truck was one of two trans
    • Muncie 5LM60 (Hm-290) 5 Speed
    • Warner T-5 (77MM) 5 Speed

    never said anything about a nv3500.

    i think your mistaken. i think the trans you pulled out was a t5..it looks close to a nv 3500 but its not! a nv3500 and nv1500 shift towers are set back more not up front like yours and as for the jeep hey thats cool but thats a jeep not a s10

    and i looked at a 96 jeep and it lists
    • 5 Speed (Aisin AX15)

    a 2000 jeep lists
    NV1500 NV3500 NV3550

    so i feel i still stand uncorrected
    Last edited by ti28; 08-09-2007 at 01:34 PM.

  14. #14
    will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    7,295
    looks like i got a t5.. its a 2 piece trans btw(bell housing unbolts).....!
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

    Street Source page

    Projects i've done

    V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

  15. #15
    will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    7,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/search.php



    lol yeah im pretty sure its a t5
    i should 2 week ban you for that....
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

    Street Source page

    Projects i've done

    V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •