Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1st gen SS brake lines on 2nd gen calipers

it was brought to my attention I haven't updated this thread with my rear drum to disc swap....anywho

out with the old and in with the new

did away with my bump stops

I bought a new disc/disc proportioning valve instead of gutting the stock one

I took me three days to do the swap, I could have had it done in one, but I needed more cutting wheels from the store and took a stop at that point on day one. Day two everything was installed and I found my junkyard calipers were ceased so day thress I bought a pair of rebuilt ones from Advance which have GM casting numbers and part numbers.

if you scroll up and see 6speed's post about the e-brake that's how mine are hooked up and work great

As for the rear, I went with SLP take off 3.42 gears (3.42 was stock in my blazer, and run good), SLP take off Zexel diff, solid pinion spacer, moser main bearing cap studs, and a Summit diff cover with cap supports, replaced all bearings, races, and seals. Every flexable brake hose is SS also.
    Last edited by blazin4low; 03-13-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

So how's the performance? Notice any difference?

wow.....totally forgot that part.

when I took it for the first test drive, I eased on the brakes and could tell a good difference with less pedal and better braking. I hit them pretty hard and felt like I was going through the windsheild. Jammed on them the other night when some dumb ass cut mife wife off (who was in front of me in her xtreme blazer) and the rear locked up a little, but the blazer was stopping. Had that happened with the drum rear and my front bumper would have met the wife's rear bumper (pun intended). I think the pedal firmness is about the same, but the pedal doesn't need to go to the floor for the blazer to stop any more.
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    ahhh this thread makes me feel like more of a slacker. I need to get my fronts on and a disc/disc prop valve. Everything's looking good