Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diesel Swap

and on a nother note. you might be able to find a used/smashed truck for very cheap! pick up one of those semi truck trader mags or look around on the net i seen a early model 98' used for like 3500$ i think that would be your best bet insted of peiceing one together!

I might suggest a mercedes benz 2.4 (4 cylinder) or a 3.0 (5 cylinder) diesel. The one I had ran forever, I averaged about 32 mpg. The 300 CD I had was a great car, and I bet it would fit in a S10 with a few mods.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Edgar Allan Poe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tippmann243 View Post
    why not just buy an s10 with a diesel alread int it, you know they came from the factory with a 2.2 diesel right?
    Because your not gonna gain anything. Thats a horrible motor so it would need swapped out anyways.:boink:

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Quote Originally Posted by atomsmasher View Post
    I might suggest a mercedes benz 2.4 (4 cylinder) or a 3.0 (5 cylinder) diesel. .
    yeah that would be fine and dandy if you wanted to deal with the electrical bullshit those motor have to go with a swap.and those motors are a H.E.U.I ( hydrolic electronic unit injection ) to much to deal with for a swap.if it was made for the car/truck then by all means there good little motors for what they are!
    but the 4.7 isuzu motor is just right for a swap. all manual injecton (pump line and nozzel)no electrical to deal with. and on another note who the fuck wants to buy all the parts and motor for a mercedes anyway! that'll be like a 10g swap plus

Quote Originally Posted by ti28 View Post
    yeah that would be fine and dandy if you wanted to deal with the electrical bullshit those motor have to go with a swap.and those motors are a H.E.U.I ( hydrolic electronic unit injection ) to much to deal with for a swap.if it was made for the car/truck then by all means there good little motors for what they are!
    but the 4.7 isuzu motor is just right for a swap. all manual injecton (pump line and nozzel)no electrical to deal with. and on another note who the fuck wants to buy all the parts and motor for a mercedes anyway! that'll be like a 10g swap plus
    The one I had was a 1978, everything was manual, I see the engines for almost nothing on a regular basis. I sold a good running with a good body for under 1,000 dollars last year. Working in auto salvage part time I see a lot, I can look for an Isuzu if you like. I wish I kept the MB and started playing with biodiesel and such, but owning three cars and can only drive one at a time sucks!
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by atomsmasher View Post
    The one I had was a 1978, everything was manual, I see the engines for almost nothing on a regular basis. I sold a good running with a good body for under 1,000 dollars last year. Working in auto salvage part time I see a lot, I can look for an Isuzu if you like. I wish I kept the MB and started playing with biodiesel and such, but owning three cars and can only drive one at a time sucks!
    well a 78 thats a differnt story. i thought you were talking newer! im not doing the swap.blazedmonop is looking to do it.i just work on diesels all week long.and i was just sayin from what i seen the isuzu would be the best bang for the buck.thats all its all up to him what he wants to go with.im sure he is welcoming all opions.but i personaly wouldnt go with those types of motors for two reasons.price and the avaiblity of good parts!

thanks for all the info and suggestions everyone. I think I am going to go ahead with the 4.7 isuzu. since they already have a turbo, that seems like my best bet. any other info you guys come up with, im happy to listen. thanks again
    2000 Blazer 2 door 5 spd. unfortunately stock except for some door and rear speakers and a CD player.

95 4 Door Blazer - Shaved:handles,antenna,roof rack, taillights, LEDs and license plate in the tailgate - smooth rollpan - bagged up front - lowered 5" in the back - WRECKED : (

Quote Originally Posted by blazedmonop View Post
    thanks for all the info and suggestions everyone. I think I am going to go ahead with the 4.7 isuzu. since they already have a turbo, that seems like my best bet. any other info you guys come up with, im happy to listen. thanks again

hey man if your realy going to do this you better make a big thread with tons and tons of pics.too bad your a little to far away from me. id be more then happy to help ya!

yea dude im really gonna do this... im in the process of sacing money for it now, i prob wont be buying everything until the end of this year, early next year, im just getting my research done. where you located ti?
    2000 Blazer 2 door 5 spd. unfortunately stock except for some door and rear speakers and a CD player.

95 4 Door Blazer - Shaved:handles,antenna,roof rack, taillights, LEDs and license plate in the tailgate - smooth rollpan - bagged up front - lowered 5" in the back - WRECKED : (

yea dude im really gonna do this... im in the process of sacing money for it now, i prob wont be buying everything until the end of this year, early next year, im just getting my research done. where you located ti?
    im 25 miles north/west of chicago.

oh damn.. that is far away haha

ill be surprised if this swap happens

Quote Originally Posted by panda_man22 View Post
    Thats Fantastic!!! Who cares?! And yes it will be happening. Sorry I just thought about doing it the past month, and need some time to save money for it. I already have the truck. what do negative thoughts like that even have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by panda_man22 View Post
    and your girlfreind will be surpriesd when you grow a dick! now STFU

I think that the odds are against you if this is your first ever swap. Very few people can help as its not a kitted swap, plus complexities of Diesel and Turbo and vegatable Oil conversion and a limited budget.

On the plus side TI28 appears to have many answers

Get all your plans, save your money then buy all the pieces at once and do it. Buying a piece here and there will make recovering your money harder if you do back out since the parts will be so specific.